PDA

View Full Version : 5th Annual SELOC Super Meet

Jaimecbr900
07-05-2005, 03:36 PM
Alrighty folks. It's that time of year again. We finally got the permission we had been asking for 4 mos now, so it's ON!!!

For those that didn't go last year....Ask somebody that DID!!! ;)

Better yet, check out some of the pics here:

http://www.seloc.net/modules.php?set_albumName=album48&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

We unlocked the album, so noone has to register to see it. If it doesn't work for, let me know and we'll fix it.

This was the meet where we had Lambos, Ferraris, Supras, WRX's, SRT's, ZO6's, Porsche's, of course Lexi's, etc.....

My car club, SELOC, is the host of the event. It will be held at DnB Gwinnett on Sunday August 14th. We will start about 10-11 A.M. and go all day long into the night. We will have a DJ, raffles, give-aways, and there's even talk about 2 magazines coming down to do a feature/coverage story on the meet.

Here are just some of the write-ups from other forums on last year's event, and this year it's planned to be even better:

http://www.seloc.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2153&highlight=d+b

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=190355&page=3 &highlight=seloc

This is an INVITATIONAL EVENT . Meaning you will be INVITED to attend. We are hand selecting those that supported us last year first. IA was one of those that showed some love.

We will be making one significant change this year. A $5 fee will be collected for each car that will be parking in the "show" area. It will be a fee that will later be DONATED to a charity. It's definetly not to line anyone's pockets. It is for a good cause and we hope everyone will support that. If your name is not on the list of invitees, then you will be asked to pay $15 to be able to park inside. It's only fair to show appreciation to those folks that always support us and/or take the time to sign up as instructed.

We have teamed up with RedlineRacer to help us with the registration process. Here is the link they created to register and also you can view who is coming and what car(s) they are bringing REGISTRATION FORM (http://redlineracer.org/html/index.asp)

Based on the turn out to this event, we will make a decision about making next year's event into a real bonafide SHOW. If the turn out is anything like last year's, then that's a done deal.

Any questions, feel free to post here, PM me, or go to our website www.seloc.net for anything.

I know IA will show the type of support I expect from IA. ;)

4dmin
07-05-2005, 03:51 PM
:werd: IA will defiantely be there doing coverage!!! :goodjob:

Jaimecbr900
07-06-2005, 07:54 AM
Updated:

See pg 2 for the new registration link*********

amy011079
07-06-2005, 09:52 AM
Yep, this is going to be off the hook again this year! We have tons of forums invited already and people are really jumping on this. So come on and sign up and we'll see ya there! :thumbup:

flysi00
07-06-2005, 10:21 AM
so if i dont want to show my car i just want to walk around etc do i pay the 15?

amy011079
07-06-2005, 10:39 AM
so if i dont want to show my car i just want to walk around etc do i pay the 15?
You can still park in the "show" area, its more just where everyone will park to meet. Not really show. We toyed with the thought of doing a show but with it being too short of notice its going to be a meet I believe. So no you won't pay the $15, you will still pay $5. :)

Even those that don't want to bring their cars inside for whatever reason will pay the $5 as long as they are invited on here and have signed up. :)

Pablo
07-06-2005, 11:18 AM
i look foward to being there.
enjoyed last years alot

Tracy
07-06-2005, 11:24 AM
when is it? I think I missed it :(

amy011079
07-06-2005, 12:29 PM
when is it? I think I missed it :(
It's Sunday, August 14th. :)

Repost Squintz
07-06-2005, 01:09 PM
i kno ill be there

Tracy
07-06-2005, 01:28 PM
It's Sunday, August 14th. :)

Thanks booger. Amy, if ya'll need anything. Let me know. I can give ya'll some dyno coupons for raffles or whatever.

Pablo
07-06-2005, 01:47 PM
hell, amy and tracy will be there!!!
you know that i am definatley comming now

Jaimecbr900
07-06-2005, 02:10 PM
Thanks for making it a sticky my dear Sir. :goodjob:

Pablo
07-06-2005, 02:14 PM
no prob!
look foward to the event

Jaimecbr900
07-11-2005, 01:35 PM
Just as a reminder:

Please use the registration link ASAP. We will be starting to make up the parking grid soon and we will use the names and cars listed there to do that. Remember if you don't register BEFORE the event, you will be asked to pay $15 instead of $5 at the gate to park inside.

I see only a couple of you have already taken advantage of that.

I'd be happy to give you guys preferred parking, but only if I know how many are gonna show up. So sign up please.

BTW, the exotics are confirmed as coming and we may even have more than we did last year. We may even have a dyno and word has it that a buddy of ours is friends with Ms. Black Atlanta and she too is coming for photo ops.

bijan gxe
07-12-2005, 02:38 PM
Registered......:)

A.P. Photography
07-12-2005, 06:41 PM
Hey Jaime, I want to make it out to the show but do you really want a bone stock 02 civic parking that close to the cars?

Jaimecbr900
07-12-2005, 06:48 PM
I'd rather have modded cars parking inside, but if the car is presentable I can make an exception..... ;)

Jaimecbr900
07-12-2005, 08:39 PM
We have teamed up with RedlineRacer to help us with the registration process. Here is the link they created to register and also you can view who is coming and what car(s) they are bringing REGISTRATION FORM (http://redlineracer.org/html/index.asp)

Jaimecbr900
07-13-2005, 06:53 PM
It's up to 76 cars as of a little while ago. :yay:

I've only seen a couple of IA people signed up. What's up?

BufordŽ
07-13-2005, 07:41 PM
I just signed up. Am I on the "Invation" list? Lol.

Jaimecbr900
07-13-2005, 09:15 PM
I just signed up. Am I on the "Invation" list? Lol.

Thanks.

Wellllll, it depends on how well you behave between now and then.... ;)

Nemesis
07-13-2005, 09:24 PM
Hey Jaime,

I met ya at HIN this year, Id like to come out and check out some of the rides. Is that cool with you if I bring my sled?

Jaimecbr900
07-13-2005, 09:27 PM
Hey Jaime,

I met ya at HIN this year, Id like to come out and check out some of the rides. Is that cool with you if I bring my sled?

Absolutely. Sign up. :goodjob:

Nemesis
07-13-2005, 09:45 PM
Absolutely. Sign up. :goodjob:

Done. Thanks!

Ruiner
07-13-2005, 10:23 PM
I signed up. I had a blast last year. :)

Mike Lowrey
07-14-2005, 06:50 AM
I signed up. When do we find out if we are invited list?

Jaimecbr900
07-14-2005, 07:10 AM
I signed up. I had a blast last year. :)

I was hoping you'd make a repeat.... :goodjob:

Jaimecbr900
07-14-2005, 07:10 AM
I signed up. When do we find out if we are invited list?

You are in since you pre-registered. :goodjob:

Ruiner
07-14-2005, 10:13 AM
I was hoping you'd make a repeat.... :goodjob:

But of course! For you, I'd do anything. ;)

Dragonfly5338
07-14-2005, 12:41 PM
I keep getting an internal error when I try to sign up. Maybe their website is busy. :tongue:

amy011079
07-14-2005, 01:00 PM
But of course! For you, I'd do anything. ;)

aww well that is just too sweet! ;) hehe

gosh brandon i think it's been since the meet last year since i saw you last. been a while!

chnco
07-14-2005, 02:53 PM
yay for car meets. Hopefully I'll have a decent car to bring!

I had a great time last year as well and would love to have a friendly competition in F355 Challenge in D&B!! No assists, full manual gearbox!

BTW Brandon, I spoke with your brother the other day!

Red
07-17-2005, 09:31 PM
This get together was cool last year so you know I'll be there. Gotta chill with my girl Amy. ;)

Jaimecbr900
07-18-2005, 09:49 AM
This get together was cool last year so you know I'll be there. Gotta chill with my girl Amy. ;)

#1....Ummm, what am I? Chopped liver??? ;)

#2....Ummm, you were not only a "given" but a MANDATORY to be there missy..... :D

Jaimecbr900
07-18-2005, 09:52 AM
I keep getting an internal error when I try to sign up. Maybe their website is busy. :tongue:

I see that you still haven't signed up. You still having problems with the site?

amy011079
07-18-2005, 10:30 AM
damn skippy! :D

we're gonna have a blast! :goodjob:

Jaimecbr900
07-19-2005, 01:42 PM
We have now crested the 100 car mark already. That number doesn't even include the exotics and ole school hot rods that have verbally confirmed are coming. :goodjob:

You can see who is already signed up to come, right here:

http://redlineracer.org/html/carshowthanks2005.asp

If you are thinking about coming, please sign up now so you can be counted when it comes time to plan for the parking. ;)

1SICKLEX
07-19-2005, 01:43 PM
Thanks everyone.

Red
07-19-2005, 06:43 PM
I think something is wrong with my computer b/c I can't register. It keeps telling me there's an error.

yerrow
07-19-2005, 06:44 PM
its just you

Crowml
07-20-2005, 07:54 AM
I cant register either... (says "page not found"

Jaimecbr900
07-20-2005, 12:28 PM
I don't know guys, but the link on the very first post works for me.

Are yall using the link correctly? The one that says "registration form" in blue?

Once it opens, you will see near the top left hand side under the SELOC name, two choices: "see who's coming" and "sign up to tell us you're attending". If you hit the second one, it takes you to the fill in the blank portion to register. If you hit the first one, it takes you over to see the big list of all the people already registered.

Did yall try that? Is it still not working?

If it doesn't work for yall, I'll just get all your info and fill out for you.

Jaimecbr900
07-20-2005, 12:32 PM
Patrycja, I took care of you. You're signed up now. ;)

Val, if you give me the year of your car and how many people you're bringing, I'll sign you up too. ;)

Anybody else need any help????? :D

Red
07-21-2005, 11:15 PM
its just you

Cute, very cute. :)

Thanks Jamie!

Jaimecbr900
08-03-2005, 10:09 AM
The latest list of attendees:

The meet is getting close. A little over a week away. :goodjob:

Remember to sign up. :bigok:

amy011079
08-03-2005, 02:02 PM
I HAVE SIGNED UP TO PARK.

DO YOU HAVE TO SHOW UP AT 10 AM TO PARK OR CAN YOU SHOW WHENEVER AND LEAVE WHENEVER YOU WANT.

THANKS.
You can show up pretty much whenever and leave whenever but I would suggest getting there fairly early to get a good spot. :)

1SICKLEX
08-04-2005, 10:43 AM
Just a couple reminders.
1. Please bring your $5 to enter the show, preferably exact change. This is to recoup show costs and part of the proceeds will go to charity.
2. This is an EXOTIC, LUXURY and HIGH PERFORMANCE car show. If your ride or bike would not be considered to be one of those categories, your more than welcome to attend the show but parking is reserved for those cars/bikes. Any confusion, please contact me [email protected]
3. We will be open at 10am ready to park people, we are parking people like last year by car make and brand. If your forum/club wants to organize by color even better. Its even better if you caravaned to this event together. This is an all day/night event!! Please when its time to eat, support Dave and BUsters if you can.

4. Here is a list of our growing sponsors for this event and what is being donated!
1. Meguiars = Samples, Prize packages
2. Sportbrakes = Set of rotors
3. Hennessy = Detailing packages, Water, T-Shirts, Hats & other misc items They are also looking to bring out Nuums GS and a Hybrid for everyone to see.
4. NOPI = $200.00 gift card
5. Carson Toyota= Not sure yet havent received it.
6. RPM Motorsports= Gift certificates and merchandise
7. Traffic Jams= Dyno and gift certificates
8. Batlground= Dyno certificates
9. Autozone = Gift cards and possible prizes to give away
10. Redline Racer (Karl)= Set up registration links
11. Mahdavi Motorsports, water, gift certificates

THANK YOU TO ALL OUR SPONSORS!! And to ALL who have already registered!!!

Jaimecbr900
08-05-2005, 08:43 PM
This is taking off and gaining a lot of speed now folks. We're up to over 200 cars registered!!!!

Don't forget to register!!!!!

quickdodgeŽ
08-05-2005, 09:03 PM
I'll definitely be there, still! Later, QD.

WINDSOR
08-06-2005, 07:17 PM
Jaime,i'm trying to see if some of the UP guys and possibly Tiger racing want to go. If they are up for it could you reserve some spots for us so we could all park together? We all have different cars so you couldn't really group everyone by brands.

Jaimecbr900
08-06-2005, 09:18 PM
Jaime,i'm trying to see if some of the UP guys and possibly Tiger racing want to go. If they are up for it could you reserve some spots for us so we could all park together? We all have different cars so you couldn't really group everyone by brands.

Absolutely no problem. Have them all sign up ASAP and then PM me a list of the guys that are specifically going and I'll take care of it..... :goodjob:

The important part is to sign up before hand. We'll have someone checking off names from that list at the gate. That's why it's important. ;)

quickdodgeŽ
08-07-2005, 03:31 PM
I'll definitely be there, still! Later, QD.

Later, QD.

1SICKLEX
08-07-2005, 05:20 PM
Our event has always been to park like cars and brands by one another. Attendees and participants really like it that way, since at this event, many people on forums meet and hang together. Since you have a "club' which has multiple brands, we will be parking you in the very rear, so it doesn't upset the continuity of the rows with like cars/brands.

I hope you understand.

1SICKLEX
08-07-2005, 09:50 PM
1 WEEK BEFORE THE EVENT!!!

A couple of updates
1. We will have a dyno at the SELOC Super Show (thanks Jamie and Traffic Jams)
2. My good friend Miss Black Atlanta 2004 will be there .
3. Over 220 Atlanta Enthusiasts are registered so far
4. More items to raffle off thanks to our generous sponsors.
5. A brand new re-paved parking lot.
6. Special surprise cars

Those that are registered will get their raffle ticket and an arm-band at the entrance.

Please bring yourself some sunscreen.

Remember this is a free event for attendees, so tell your friends and family to come check out a free car event that you participated in! There is ample parking in the attendees lot before the entrance to the show.

PLEASE REGISTER if you have not done so already.

Thank you Atlanta

1SICKLEX
08-08-2005, 10:55 AM
You must be present to win raffle prizes!!!
The raffles should begin between 4-4:30pm, no later than that. Please, you must be present to win, we are not holding items and we are not shipping anything. We will call out raffle numbers on the ticket and like last year, you have to hand us the ticket to win your prize. :)

Feel free to trade raffle prizes with other winners.

Space is limited, so please, understand this event is for invited forums/clubs and high-performance, luxury and exotic cars. We simply do not have space for everyone, our aplogies. EVERYONE is invited to attend this free show, there is ample general parking.Here is the list of registered participants.

PLEASE REGISTER here, to help us with preperation and so you can enter for only $5. (the charity will be announced at the meet)
http://redlineracer.org/html/carshow2005.asp

Here is the list of registered participants.

ProjectWidow
08-10-2005, 10:59 AM
If im just going to be a spectator, do I still have to register?

1SICKLEX
08-10-2005, 05:23 PM
If im just going to be a spectator, do I still have to register?
No sir, you can park in general and walk right in:)

amy011079
08-10-2005, 06:28 PM
Add the Butler Tire in Doraville and Alpharetta to the sponsor list they will be raffling a certificate or Voucher for free rotation, comp-hi-speed balance, nitrogen inflation and alignment, up to $350 value. Valid only at Doraville or Alpharetta locations.

And TMEngineering will be donating
2 Tein coilver keychains ($15 each)
These are pretty cool, they actually have the adjustable spring perches on
them, people love these things.

1 Tein doll ($15)
About 10-12" high, these are cool too!

4 or 5 Tein banners

as well as a $100 gift certificate for items from their website. www.tmengineering.net

DLSracing
08-10-2005, 11:19 PM
Can't wait this years meet is going to be rediculous...

Nemesis
08-11-2005, 09:10 AM
Just wanted to make sure and ask a couple questions to double check.

I read pretty much every thread and its my understanding

- That there is no cost for my guest riding with me, and I need only bring 5 dollars for the front "gate" fee?

- I saw that there will be grouping according to clubs/make, but I have a Ford :( Will I be tossed near the portable restrooms lol

1SICKLEX
08-11-2005, 09:54 AM
Just wanted to make sure and ask a couple questions to double check.

I read pretty much every thread and its my understanding

- That there is no cost for my guest riding with me, and I need only bring 5 dollars for the front "gate" fee?

- I saw that there will be grouping according to clubs/make, but I have a Ford :( Will I be tossed near the portable restrooms lol
1. Correct, there is no cost for any guests, since its free for people to walk in.
2. There are no "club" sections. We have invited certain forums/clubs which all have the same car/brand. Like every year, people will be parked by brand/car in their row.

1SICKLEX
08-12-2005, 11:45 AM
Well its almost here!! Over 290 registered luxury/high-performance/exotic cars! Thank you Atlanta!!
People are asking a few questions.
1. "What if it rains"?
Only if it is raining like there is a hurricane, will the show stop. Otherwise, the weather is showing hot, cloudy with the usual scattered thunderstorm. So the show WILL go on.
2. "Is there anything I can bring to help"?
If you want to bring something to this event, we will have various coolers for water and refreshments we distributed last year, so if you want to bring water or refreshements to share with others, that is fine.
3. "Do my guests in my car have to pay"?
No. Registered cars are $5 per car, not per person. Remember, the event is FREE to all attendees. If you do not register, the donation is $15.
4. "What are the charaties"?
The charities we will donate part of the proceeds to are
http://www.anysoldier.com/
http://www.gwinnetthumane.com/
5. "Where will I park"?
We will have our wonderful SELOC members as ambassadors helping direct you on where to park. Please park in a SINGLE space. We have designated rows for the cars and brands to stay together. If you just want to attend the event, you can park in the general parking lot for free.
6. "Is everyone there able to enter the raffle"?
No, only people insde the show/meet with their car, if they paid the $5 or $15, are eligible for the raffle. YOU MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN AT THE RAFFLE. The raffle will begin between 4-4:30 pm
7. "My forum, club etc, doesn't have an invite, or I don't know if my car qualifies, can I come"?
Please contact [email protected] if you are unsure. This is a HIGH PERFORMANCE/EXOTIC/LUXURY CAR event. If your ride doesn't fall in one of those categories, then we do not have space for you. This is still a small event and remember it is FREE to attend, there is plenty of space in general.
8. "What time does it end"?
Last year we started closing up around 6pm but many stayed and talked in the lot and hung out afterwards. Many hung inside the Dave and Busters.
9. "Can I leave/enter"?
Yes, you will have wristbands so we know whom can leave/enter with their car. We do not endorse leaving and coming back as we can not guarantee you will keep your parking space. And there will be NO CRUISING in the show. There will be to many people walking around.
10. "Can I take pictures/posing with Miss Black Atlanta"?
Yes, I spoke with her and she is perfectly fine with taking pics with you or on your car, nothing crassy of course.
11.. "What are the surprises"?
You'll see Sunday :)
12. "When/Where/Whom do I pay"?
When you arrive at the show, we will have an entraceway where we look to see if your registered to determine do you pay $5 or $15. Cash only and please bring exact change if you can. You will get your wristband, raffle ticket and your goodie bag there as well.

Mike Lowrey
08-12-2005, 01:39 PM
If we are registered in the show, when should we arrive?

Jaimecbr900
08-12-2005, 05:38 PM
If we are registered in the show, when should we arrive?

Anytime after 10 a.m. :goodjob:

Pablo
08-12-2005, 06:00 PM
Well its almost here!! Over 290 registered luxury/high-performance/exotic cars!
and then, you will see my piece of shit civic................

HiPSI
08-12-2005, 06:01 PM
buahaha,

280. Takumi from Akina GA in a 86 AE86 Trueno - 1 guests(s)

fruitylicious that someone would waste their time signing up with a fake name

HiPSI
08-12-2005, 06:07 PM
just signed up for the hell of it, though i may not make it until later in the day...

i'll just park it in a corner and nobody will notice ;)

WINDSOR
08-12-2005, 07:53 PM
hmmm....the sign up page is down it seems..n/m had to put a number in for guests...

amy011079
08-16-2005, 04:31 PM
Thank you all for coming out to our 5th annual multi-car meet. We appreciate you coming. Be sure to check out our sponsors when looking for new parts to your ride. One of my fav's is www.tmengineering.net in California. They have tons of products for almost every car out there. So check em out and ask for my buddy Todd.

mi4dub
08-16-2005, 09:16 PM
"This is a HIGH PERFORMANCE/EXOTIC/LUXURY CAR event. If your ride doesn't fall in one of those categories, then we do not have space for you. "

danm... i can't enter since my shyt is not HIGH PERFORMANCE/EXOTIC/LUXURY CAR. well, i guess ill watch

Mike Lowrey
08-17-2005, 02:15 PM
"This is a HIGH PERFORMANCE/EXOTIC/LUXURY CAR event. If your ride doesn't fall in one of those categories, then we do not have space for you. "

danm... i can't enter since my shyt is not HIGH PERFORMANCE/EXOTIC/LUXURY CAR. well, i guess ill watch

Well since it happened this past Sunday, I guess you missed it.