PDA

View Full Version : changing rotors on 94 accord?

sebastianHoff
05-30-2007, 07:29 AM
my g/f has a 94 accord ex coupe, 140,xxx miles and the brakes have been "done" 3 times. however, the rotors have never been removed from the car... yeah thats what i said. i had no trouble doing the back brakes once i go the little screws out, there was some drilling involved. on the front i has able to get the axles out of the hubs by removing the tie rod ends and unbolting the "spindle" from the upper control arm. my problem now is the bolts holding the hub on have these little burrs on them that make it impossible to remove the hub and obviously the rotor. is there a special tool i can buy or can i just cut the burrs off or what? anyone done this before? its a nice car and im probably gonna buy it from her when she gets an si later in the year so i dont wanna fuck anything up. help. please.

dakilla4ever
05-30-2007, 11:26 AM
You do not have to remove the hub in order to remove the rotors. Once you take those screws out you it should just come off. Sometimes you may need to tap it with a hammer to jar it loose. Did you take off the brake caliper mounting bracket first? It two 17mm screws on back you have to take off first. Then the little screws holding the rotor on, then tap it with the hammer and it'll fall off. Pm me if anymore questions.

sebastianHoff
05-30-2007, 12:41 PM
on the accord the rotor bolts to the back of the hub, the only way to get it off is to remove the hub.

i went to the advance auto parts and looked at the book, seems someone who "tried" to do the brakes rounded the bolts a bit cause the book say put a 12mm on it and proceed to the next step. im just gonna take the whole thing off and do the ball joints while im in there.

an0therh22
05-31-2007, 04:14 PM
do the rotor-over-hub conversion while you're at it.

an0therh22
05-31-2007, 04:17 PM
as for taking the hub off just get a hub puller like this off of ebay. :goodjob:
LINK (http://cgi.ebay.com/NULINE-FRONT-WHEEL-HUB-PULLER-4-1-2-NEW-3-BOLT_W0QQitemZ200113230919QQihZ010QQcategoryZ35625 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)