PDA

View Full Version : AIM Virus?

VooDooXII
05-30-2007, 01:07 AM
Move this if it isn't in the right place...I don't know where else to put it.

Anyone else have problems with AIM where it starts sending out tons of messages to people on your buddy list...something about pictures? It also includes a link for something.

I got it somehow, and it's pissing me off. My provider cut off my internet connection for 24 hours because they thought I was spamming. Anyone know of a program to get rid of it? Spybot and Ad Aware won't do the trick.

Thanks in advance.

BiH1320
05-30-2007, 04:13 AM
Umm unistall AIM from your comp and delete all the AIM shit you have on it and then re-download it. And I know exactly what you are talking about. Most of the IM's say, how does this picture look or some shit like that.

SleeperWRX
05-30-2007, 04:16 AM
What I would suggest is clean your entire computer do a "recovery system" deleting aim files would get you no where how ever this is a "LOG" its placed in your computer files not you're aim files also try not to connect with everyone...

VooDooXII
05-30-2007, 05:04 PM
What I would suggest is clean your entire computer do a "recovery system" deleting aim files would get you no where how ever this is a "LOG" its placed in your computer files not you're aim files also try not to connect with everyone...

You mean reformat my computer? I don't know...I'm going to have to do a massive backup for that.

VooDooXII
06-07-2007, 03:33 PM
Someone help me with this...my provider cut my connection off AGAIN for 24 hours because he thought I was "spamming"...but that was the virus's job.

This is strike two for me...I don't know what'll happen next.

Any fixes aside from reformatting?