PDA

View Full Version : rx7 for 240

SLOWR/T
03-14-2005, 12:19 AM
ok my friend has a 93 240 vert that he want to trade for my 89 fc rx7. we had talked about the trade and i told him i would trade my car w/o the sus. ( i have full racing beat sus.) his is pretty much stock and its auto (which i hate). he has kyb struts and #1 coil over sleaves. how hard would it be to put a SR in it and change it to a 5 speed? anybody reccomend a shop that could do it? i really like the way 240 look, but they are just about everywhere. i hate having all the problems with my FC (its curently at the shop :jerkit: ). its just a on going thing with my car and the shop, i havent got to drive in in 4 months!! :rant:

br3nn0n
03-14-2005, 11:29 AM
www.batlground.com (http://www.batlground.com) <-- Get the number and call tracy or dan... they can put a SR in a 240 in like a week or so ... auto to manual conversion is pretty expensive in most cases, but ask them for their pricing b/c i do not know. they are an awesome shop and even cooler ppl themselves... but see for yourself, talk to them in person. Their shop is in smyrna...

br3nn0n
03-14-2005, 01:45 PM
oh... and please tell them that i sent you, ok? i'd appreciate it...

yudalicious
03-14-2005, 02:43 PM
ew... the convertible weighs over 3000 lbs i believe due to all the extra bracing they had to put in.... chassis flex + extra weight = why 240 convertibles are not popular

br3nn0n
03-14-2005, 03:11 PM
oh... it's a convertible... damn i didn't see that

HaloZ
03-14-2005, 03:32 PM
any retard (rasies hard) with a wrench can do the swap. it's not hard. and the tranny, well, the hardest thing with that is cutting the holes for the clutch pedal.

wannab20hatch
03-14-2005, 05:08 PM
www.batlground.com (http://www.batlground.com) <-- Get the number and call tracy or dan... they can put a SR in a 240 in like a week or so ... auto to manual conversion is pretty expensive in most cases, but ask them for their pricing b/c i do not know. they are an awesome shop and even cooler ppl themselves... but see for yourself, talk to them in person. Their shop is in smyrna...

Your an idiot. Auto to manual is not expensive. Its fucking easy as hell a friend just put a Sr swap and did a auto to manual in a 90 240 and it was easy as hell. Holes are already there you just gotta ad the clutch hard line and ad a pedal.

When you actually do the work yourslef instead of having a shop do it then tell people its hard.

HaloZ
03-14-2005, 09:04 PM
i didn't have hole =( but the support brackets and guides where. mine is a 93 coupe.

SLOWR/T
03-14-2005, 11:33 PM
thanks for the input guys! ill give them a call to see about pricing. i know the vert weights more, but ill be in fla in july for a year or so (going to UTI auto school) but whats better that having your top down with boost!?! just so you know i can work on cars i put the motor in the rx7 he wants to trade for but have run into some problems with it so i took it to the shop (rotarys are tricky and i dont know a whole lot about them) it ill run but wont stay running, but anyways i way thinking about putting the motor in but i wasnt sure how hard the auto to 5speed would be. thanks any help will be appericated

br3nn0n
03-15-2005, 11:24 AM
Your an idiot. Auto to manual is not expensive. Its fucking easy as hell a friend just put a Sr swap and did a auto to manual in a 90 240 and it was easy as hell. Holes are already there you just gotta ad the clutch hard line and ad a pedal.

When you actually do the work yourslef instead of having a shop do it then tell people its hard.
i NEVER said it was hard... only said it was expensive from the places i have asked. also, i never talked about "doing it myself!" the asked "if anyone knows of a place i can take my car," so i told him .... DON'T BE A FUCKING JACKASS WHEN I WAS ONLY HELPING HIM OUT!! :321:

HaloZ
03-15-2005, 02:38 PM
i got all my parts for the swap for about 200: pledal, clutch hard line, SS braided line, master cylinder, cross member, and driveshaft.

auxiliary
03-16-2005, 01:11 PM
verts are sexy.

put a silvia front end on it, and it'll be hot.

SLOWR/T
03-16-2005, 01:58 PM
^^^thats my plan!!^^^

EmotorsportsE
03-17-2005, 07:22 AM
www.e-emotorsports.com/eevert.php

Drop Top, 5spd, and Skyline motors are awesome.

Nuff said
E
www.e-emotorsports.com