PDA

View Full Version : Freaking walmart

Extrememustang
05-28-2007, 12:27 PM
They are taking over. Like why did they put one in Oakwood? The one overran with mexicans in gainesville was fine.Now because of walmart the whole town of oakwood is under construction and all these new roads and construction and traffic.

Echonova
05-28-2007, 12:30 PM

quickdodgeŽ
05-28-2007, 01:28 PM
I have a personal, monetary glee in watching Wal-Mart expand. Later, QD.

Julio
05-28-2007, 02:37 PM
Walmart is taking over the world... Now they have CAFE's (starbuck style) and Offering free wifi and shit... ..

They are the #2 company in there world.. worth like 300+ billion... right behind Exxon...

All the jobs they will bring to Oakwood is def not a problem with the local gov...

I think they are also building some new apartment homes.. quite a few.. like in the 1000's or so homes...

quickdodgeŽ
05-28-2007, 02:44 PM
I think they are also building some new apartment homes.. quite a few.. like in the 1000's or so homes...

What's happening here is not Wal-Mart building apartments. They are selling land that they acquired for stores to contractors to build apartment complexes on. Also, they are working with urban developers in making more "market friendly" stores. Instead of them looking like big ass box stores, they will have a more urban, street-front look. Some of the urban stores will be surrounded by apartments and condos and such. Later, QD.

Extrememustang
05-28-2007, 02:50 PM
Yea oakwood doesnt have many jobs, but it was a nice town that was untouched. I also remember when they tried to put a 2ND walmart in gainesville, I think on thompson bridge rd or somewhere around that and the idea got shutdown. What are they going to do next put one in Flowery branch?

Julio
05-28-2007, 02:57 PM
What's happening here is not Wal-Mart building apartments. They are selling land that they acquired for stores to contractors to build apartment complexes on. Also, they are working with urban developers in making more "market friendly" stores. Instead of them looking like big ass box stores, they will have a more urban, street-front look. Some of the urban stores will be surrounded by apartments and condos and such. Later, QD.

Gotcha.. But what I mean is.. they are also building a bunch of homes futher down on Mundy Mill.. Mundy Mills is where the walmart is being built.

Not walmart.. some other contractors..

quickdodgeŽ
05-28-2007, 03:00 PM
AAahhhhhhh. I see what you mean. Later, QD.

Julio
05-28-2007, 03:06 PM
Yea oakwood doesnt have many jobs, but it was a nice town that was untouched. I also remember when they tried to put a 2ND walmart in gainesville, I think on thompson bridge rd or somewhere around that and the idea got shutdown. What are they going to do next put one in Flowery branch?

lol.. I think they have a brand new one on hamilton mill and buford drive.. so sure why not add another one a few miles away... :lmfao:

TheGrillMan
05-28-2007, 03:09 PM
they built one in daytona right before i moved back here

it was facing the apts i lived in but it was a walmart market place so it onl'y sold food

i thought that was quite odd

Stormhammer
05-28-2007, 03:37 PM
lol.. I think they have a brand new one on hamilton mill and buford drive.. so sure why not add another one a few miles away... :lmfao:

haha there's one at the 985/20 intersection, Hamilton Mill and 85, Collins Hill Rd and 316, Satellite and Lawrenceville Suwanee, and the other one on the otherside of Lawrenceville

such a variety to choose which one to go to to find walmart ho's

OneSlow5pt0
05-28-2007, 05:10 PM
well yall can save now at wal mart,but once they close evryone else they will jack up their prices then your screwed...thats y i go and pay alittle more at Kroger...thank god they are shutting down the automotive part of walmart...since all they do is lie over their

§treet_§peed
05-28-2007, 06:13 PM
lol i like going to wally world 2 in the morning trashed.. it is very fun lol

Extrememustang
05-28-2007, 06:33 PM
What I hate is when walmart comes to a small town DOESNT that jack up home owners property taxes that they didnt ask for.