PDA

View Full Version : Misc They gonna get vick Part 2

OneSlow5pt0
05-27-2007, 04:27 PM
this May 22, 2007 file photo, one of three dogs removed from a house owned by ... Report: Vick Bet Big on Dog Fight

By The Associated Press

document.write(getElapsed("20070527T194720Z"));2 hours agoUPDATED 34 MINUTES AGO

Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick was at a dog fight in 2000 and is "one of the heavyweights" in the sport, ESPN reported. The network Sunday cited a police informant whom a dog-fighting investigator called "extremely reliable."

"That's who bets a large dollar," the informant said on the show "Outside the Lines." "And they have the money to bet large money. As I'm talking about large money, 30 to 40 thousand, even higher. He's one of the heavyweights."

When asked how he knows Vick bets that amount, the informant said, "because I've seen it."

The informant said his dog beat Vick's dog in 2000, the year before Vick was chosen by the Falcons with the first overall pick in the NFL draft.

Investigator David Hunt said information from the informant has "resulted in the arrest of several individuals over the past few years, numerous search warrants, as well as convictions."

Surry County (Va.) Commonwealth attorney Gerald Poindexter said Friday he is confident charges will be brought in the investigation of a possible dog-fighting operation at a house then owned by Vick. Dog fighting is a felony in Virginia.

Police raided the rural home April 25 as part of a drug investigation. They seized 66 dogs, 55 of them pit bulls, and equipment that could be associated with dog fighting.

Vick has said he let a cousin, Davon Boddie, live at the house, and he didn't know a large kennel on the property could be involved in criminal activity.

OneSlow5pt0
05-27-2007, 05:21 PM

Extrememustang
05-28-2007, 09:01 AM
I hop ethey arrest his ass. Im so sick of celebrities getting off and shit. ALSO IF he does goto jail its not instant its like ok how about in 2 months we will arrest you is that cool?

Greddypacked
05-28-2007, 09:14 AM
He's not going to jail. Not w/ practice starting and the preseason coming up in a few months. When you are rich, celeb, and friends in high places you dont go to jail for dog fights lol.

Extrememustang
05-28-2007, 09:30 AM
Mike tyson went,Martha stewart went,Robert downey Jr went,Paris hopefully will go.

Greddypacked
05-28-2007, 11:51 AM
Tyson went for much more than dog fighting bets, Martha scam artist, the rest i dont know much about but dog fighting might slide w/ proper fine payment.

tony
05-28-2007, 12:35 PM
Uhm.. its an informant without any credibility whatsoever, someone could be lining his pockets to say this. If Vick was at dog fights there would have been substancial evidence by now.

JITB
05-28-2007, 12:42 PM
vick aint doin no time..he just needs to be smarter and get away form the stupid shit.

ShooterMcGavin
05-28-2007, 12:53 PM
Uhm.. its an informant without any credibility whatsoever, someone could be lining his pockets to say this. If Vick was at dog fights there would have been substancial evidence by now.
wtf why? it's not like dog fights are glamorous red carpet type events covered by hbo...

tony
05-28-2007, 02:12 PM
wtf why? it's not like dog fights are glamorous red carpet type events covered by hbo...

Lets use logic for a second, very small town in Virginia where Vick is from and very well known walks into a place where there is dog fighting. I know SOMEONE has a camera, cameraphone.. something or multiple people will recognize him.

If he's guilty it should not be so hard to prove, nothing will come of it.

ShooterMcGavin
05-28-2007, 04:36 PM
^^^wait, when'd the informant ever say the dog fight back in 2000 was in virginia?

moses187
05-29-2007, 06:26 PM
the falcons are talking about benching him for 6 games over this.who's the back-up harrington.ha ha ha.

ShooterMcGavin
05-29-2007, 07:15 PM
talk is cheap, would love to see it actually happen though :D

tony
05-29-2007, 09:30 PM
^^^wait, when'd the informant ever say the dog fight back in 2000 was in virginia?

That is where the investigation is, Surrey County. Heres another question I have, unless Vick was stacked financially before he was drafted how can he be a heavyweight in dog fighting while he's in college? Just curious..

BB6dohcvtec
05-29-2007, 09:47 PM
the falcons are talking about benching him for 6 games over this.who's the back-up harrington.ha ha ha.

Don't sleep on harrington for some reason i think he is going to contribute substantially this year. (have a feeling vick will go down hurt early in the season) :???:

OneSlow5pt0
05-29-2007, 10:17 PM
Don't sleep on harrington for some reason i think he is going to contribute substantially this year. (have a feeling vick will go down hurt early in the season) :???:

i say Harrington would win more games for the falcons