PDA

View Full Version : Misc Top 10 mobile quarterbacks

tony
05-27-2007, 12:03 AM
This show is on NFL network right now and they rank Michael Vick #4.. who beat him? #3 Randall Cunningham #2 Steve Young and #1 Fran Tarkenton

First of all Fran Tarkenton played back in the damn 60's and 70's before DB's were running sub 4.4 40's, dude would be lucky to last one half in an NFL game like it is played today.

They put Donovan Mcnabb at 10 below Dan Marino.. I don't get it, I'm a big fan of the NFL network but the list is just plain dumb.

OneSlow5pt0
05-27-2007, 12:09 AM
heres my 5

1. Fran Tarkenton
2. Randall Cunningham
3. Steve Young
4. Brett Farve
5. Roger Stalbach or Rich Gannon

Capt._Ron
05-27-2007, 12:16 AM
vick sucks and is not worthy to be called a quarterback. Maybe a cornerback playing the quaterback position at best. Dont you have to pass the ball at least some of the time to be a quaterback. I might even throw elway on that list he could move sometimes.

Mchnhead2k5
05-27-2007, 01:15 AM
wtf, Dan Marino? I didn't think he was that mobile at all.

tony
05-27-2007, 08:13 AM
vick sucks and is not worthy to be called a quarterback. Maybe a cornerback playing the quaterback position at best. Dont you have to pass the ball at least some of the time to be a quaterback. I might even throw elway on that list he could move sometimes.

People who throw out the Vick sucks thing amaze me because I'd LOVE to see anyone else get out there and dodge tackles when you have just enough time to take 3 steps in the pocket. For the past 4 years if Vick saw a play that was going to crumble guess what? He knew he had to run, when you don't have enough time to go through progressions you are not going to just stand there and get hit.

We see this dude put himself at risk for a simple first down but you say he's not worthy? At this point I hope he gets traded to Tampa Bay or Carolina and spends the rest of his career stomping on the Falcons.

quickdodgeŽ
05-27-2007, 08:31 AM
First of all Fran Tarkenton played back in the damn 60's and 70's before DB's were running sub 4.4 40's, dude would be lucky to last one half in an NFL game like it is played today.

Fran Tarkenton was the shit in his time, man. He could move and get around in the pocket. Later, QD.

Greddypacked
05-27-2007, 03:29 PM
No Joe Montana, or John Elway? Those guys were really good even under pressure w/ a minute on the clock and losing they would win.

OneSlow5pt0
05-27-2007, 04:28 PM
No Joe Montana, or Jim Elway? Those guys were really good even under pressure w/ a minute on the clock and losing they would win.

whos jim elway?

quickdodgeŽ
05-27-2007, 04:42 PM
^^^That's what I was wondering. Later, QD.

Greddypacked
05-27-2007, 07:24 PM
Sorry John Elway lol.

BABY J
05-27-2007, 07:42 PM
Can't believe they put Steve Young in there... who the fuck did they ask? Handicapped people?

05-27-2007, 08:56 PM
steve young has the most career rushing yards for a QB. so clearly he deserves to be on the list. tarkenton was the first QB to actually scramble, thus he deserves his credit. i think the list is good. marino is an interesting choice but the rest seem like good choices. when vick (if ever) wins a championship, he will move up that list.

hondab118
05-27-2007, 09:07 PM
aight let kill the arguing, by simply saying this. I know why your questioning Vick's mobility vs. the likes of Steve Young and so on. In an interview w/ Vick he admits he like a lot of other players gets his moves and develops his style by learning and studying other players. He says he studied John Elway and thats why he wears no# 7 for the most part. It's these lengedary QB's who came b4 Vick, who were the 1st mobile QB's. Im an athlete so i understand this.
Oh one more thing. Vick doesnt suck. Im not a Falcons fan and ill tell ya that. GTFO here. Just cause he runs, more than he throws, and some say he's the reason the Falcons are bieng held back. Fuck that, he is a great QB.

tony
05-27-2007, 09:08 PM
Donovan at #10 though? He's more mobile than Dan Marino could ever want to be. I understand the whole respect for Fran Tarkenton thing but seriously, if he had someone like Julius Peppers on his ass it probably would be a different story.

BABY J
05-27-2007, 09:11 PM
If a championship has anything to do w/ it then why name it top 10 scramblers? You can't compare a "career" player to Vick - he's still green.:thinking:

OneSlow5pt0
05-27-2007, 09:15 PM
^^and garbage,lol

also im tired of the if he played today it would be a diffent story...that mean if MJ played today he would get owned,or if Hank Aaron played today he wouldnt have been as good..its not their fault they wernt born now,but they dominated when they were playing so your gonna hate them,for playing their heart out and being that good then.