PDA

View Full Version : FS/FT: Black 1997 Z8 Camaro

Z28
05-26-2007, 08:15 PM
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Z28 Camaro
Year: 1997
Mileage: Slightly under 95,000
Options: Leather, PW, PDL, PS, T-Tops, Automatic.
Mods: Listed below VVV
Engine: 5.7 LT1
VIN#: PM for serious buyers

Condition: According to kbb, it would fall under the "Good" category.

PRICE: Due to the extent of replacement and modifications, I am looking for $7000. While not 100% firm, I'm not going to go incredibly lower, because yes, the car has some slight cosmetic damage which isn't very obvious, but also because of the condition the engine/trans are in (Amazing). I will also consider trades for an import, preferably turbo or AWD.

Hi guys,

Recently I have been wanting to get back into the import world after I sold my 1996 240SX. Up for sale is my 1997 Black Z28 Camaro, with the following modifications:

- Ceramic Coated Pacesetter Emission Legal Longtube Headers (Has the AIR Pump and EGR hooked up to the headers to pass emissions)

- K&N FIPK Intake System with a newish filter (<5000 miles).

- Magnaflo Catback exhaust with a cut-out near the rear axle. Has 3 wingnuts that you unscrew to bypass the muffler.

- Fuddle Racing 3200 Stall Converter. This is what makes owning an automatic fun.

- PCMFORLESS Tuning. These are the best mail-order tuners for the LT1 & LS1 community as far as I, and z28.com among other sites are concerned.

History of owning the car: I sold my 240SX right before I went to college for freshman year. When I got it, it needed some work, and since I have owned it, I have collected all receipts of replacements which total over $2200. If you know anything about LT1's, you know that the intake often leaks in the rear of the engine, and that the opti-spark is a pain in the ass to change out. I have fixed the intake leak and had the optispark changed under 3000 miles ago.

Also has a Pioneer faceplate with remote and had Sirius sat. radio when I got it, but the subscription ran out. The receiver is still in the trunk panel though, so it could be reactivated and used easily.

New (<3000 miles) Parts on the car:

Sparkplugs (NGK TR55)
Sparkplug Wires (Taylor 8mm Pro, have a set of Over the valve cover pieces but have not had time to put them on)
Optispark (Cap, rotor AND DISTRIBUTOR)
Waterpump
IAC
Knock Module
TPS
Transmission was flushed late last year (<4000 miles)
Oil changes every 3000 with Mobil 1 oil & filter
Falken ZIEX 255/50/16 tires in the rear

GOOD: Fast, fast, fast. Semirare, 30th anniversary edition (Seat logos, slightly more HP/Torque stock (285hp/325tq stock). Kept in good condition. T-Tops do not leak, burns no oil and does not leak oil. For a chevy, thats almost scary.

BAD: Has one scratch behind passenger side door that I am having worked on, when I got the car it was there, as was the damage to the door (Looks like someone hit it pretty hard). An estimate to get this damage fixed locally was $210.

CONTACT METHOD: PM me or email me @ [email protected]

Thank you a lot for looking and everyone have a safe Memorial Day Weekend!

404S2K
05-26-2007, 09:28 PM
Bump for a camaro owner, just sold my '85 IROC Thursday

Z28
05-27-2007, 01:19 AM

Forgot to add, I'm located in the Chamblee Tucker area, so if anyone wants to see it, I'm out here.

I'll add interior shots tomorrow.

Also forgot to mention that I have Lower Control Arms for it and the interior is leather (With the 30th anniversary logos on the seats).

Z28
05-27-2007, 07:45 PM
bump for not being able to find my USB cable ;/

Z28
05-30-2007, 07:50 PM
Bump for leather interior.

Still trying to find the USB cable :/ Going on Autotrader sometime soon if no one is interested here.

Turbodude06
05-30-2007, 09:31 PM
is it an auto or 6-speed or did I miss that?????

Z28
05-30-2007, 09:43 PM
It's got the 4L60E which is a 4 speed automatic, and it has a 3200 stall converter, which is kind of hard to describe, but it pretty much eliminates the "dead spots" in an automatic, so you just romp the gas and it hits its powerband sooner.

The bigger stall allows the engine to spin up to the powerband quicker is the best way to put it I guess.

The tranny was flushed/serviced under 1000 miles ago, too.

Z28
05-31-2007, 08:34 AM
pictures!

sorry it took so long, my dog stole my cable :|

Can get requested shots now, just let me know.