PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Question?

MachNU
05-26-2007, 07:05 PM
Not bashing the cops or anything just got a question! It says that anyone under 21 who accumlates a 4 point of more offence under the age of 21 will atomatically lose there license! A GSP got me doing 83 right there at Old Peachtree and 85 South! But the thing is i was holding 80 going to work one day, like i always do hover between 75-80, and i was going down the 3rd lane(clear for about a 1/4 mile) and about right at the end of the clear area, i start to realize that even at 80 i am FLYING by people, neought o where it clicks that there has to be a cop around, well i slightly spped up to get into the 4th lane near the median, and i look right to my right and at the far lane toward the shoulder just starting to peek around an 18 wheeler i see why everyone was slowed down, i see a GSP looking RIGHT at me, eye contact wise, and i now he going to pull me over. So i go ahead and start to slow down and he gets behind me and flips his lights on right away, and pullsl me over. Well he gives me a 4% window tint, and a 28 over ticket!

So my question is....whats the odds that i am going to lose my license? My record will be completely clean in sept this year, when i go to court i will only have 1 point on my license! Do you think judges give slight leway to hwy speeds? I mean the general speed is between 70-80 but i was just speeding up a bit to get in front of someone! I cant lose my license seeing as how i work at a dealership, and my work depends on my license! Has anyone ever bene through this senario(sp) before and what was there outcome?

I am not bitching about the ticket, granted i was speeding, i just dont agree to the amount over he gave me....!

Halfwit
05-26-2007, 07:08 PM
when u lose it, let me rent your stangol for a month or so. seriously....

MachNU
05-26-2007, 07:10 PM
when u lose it, let me rent your stangol for a month or so. seriously....

i will be selling the stang regradless whether i win or lose, between gas, and a 50 mile trip 5 days a week, and the fact, that with this car, i stand out to much! With this car, i do get carless sometimes and speed! I cant/dont want a ticket again! :(

Halfwit
05-26-2007, 07:12 PM
i will be saleing the stang regradless whether i win or lose, between gas, and a 50 mile trip 5 days a week, and the fact, that with this car, i stang out to much! With this car, i do get carless sometimes and speed! I cant/dont want a ticket again! :(
that was a good one!!! get it yall? stand out/ stang out, mustang!! i get it WOOT.

i dont wanna buy i need to rent, gotta have the ek painted....

and its "selling"

Hulud
05-26-2007, 07:16 PM
that was a good one!!! get it yall? stand out/ stang out, mustang!! i get it WOOT.

and its "selling"
you got the spelling craze goin on!

MachNU
05-26-2007, 07:18 PM

and its "selling"

trust me i will be the first to admit i cant spell for SHIT! :goodjob:

Halfwit
05-26-2007, 07:22 PM
tint ticket a "fix-it" ticket? i thought u were over 21.....u look it.

MachNU
05-26-2007, 07:27 PM
tint ticket a "fix-it" ticket? i thought u were over 21.....u look it.

shit when i grow my beard every few months, my age ranges from 21-28 average is 23! :dunno:

but yeah tint ticket i am not worried about i knew that was illigal and thats my fault so! :(

But i have threee chances!

A. I get a nice judge who cuts me a break(for once in my life that might happen) and agrees that 28 over is a bit high and lowers to 23 and lower!

B. My friend can pull a few strings with his GSP friends and get them to talk to the cop and not send in teh ticket! (VERY unlikely...but i can dream!)

C. I go to court plead innocent and go to court. Ask for a jury trial, since my license is on the line. That gets my court date pushed back, 6-8months, then get a court appointed lawyer, and have him get it delayed until after my 21st birthday! And then just pay the fine and court fees. Most expensive route, but saves license/job! <-- this route coming from a friends GSP friend!

Halfwit
05-26-2007, 07:39 PM
just have them keep getting the court date delayed, for the rest of your life.

quickdodgeŽ
05-26-2007, 08:32 PM
I mean the general speed is between 70-80 but i was just speeding up a bit to get in front of someone!

This is the only thing I will comment on. There is no such thing(in the eyes of the court) as a "general speed." Judges don't go by the average speed on the highway. They go by the posted speed limit. So don't toss that into your plea. Good luck with everything else. Later, QD.

Grimm Reeper
05-26-2007, 09:08 PM
This is the only thing I will comment on. There is no such thing(in the eyes of the court) as a "general speed." Judges don't go by the average speed on the highway. They go by the posted speed limit. So don't toss that into your plea. Good luck with everything else. Later, QD.

I've been in that situation when I was under 21, but my citation was in Henry Co. Your license will be suspended for a year and you might get community service up to a 40 hrs or so. What you'll have to do to get them back is to of course wait out your year, but through that time you have to take a Defensive Driving Class for License Reinstatement which is 75, if they don't take the price up again and then pay a 200+ Reinstatement fee at the Conyers DMV, so it would be wise to try to get down there as early as you possibly can, they'll then give you a paper to get your license you'll have to take your Road sign/Driving test all over again. This is just what's to come so I hope that you have some exceptionally cool friends that will be there for you cause this is a true test of friendship of if they'll be there for you, if you were ever there for them, but in the end keep your head up.:goodjob:

Grimm Reeper
05-26-2007, 09:16 PM
shit when i grow my beard every few months, my age ranges from 21-28 average is 23! :dunno:

but yeah tint ticket i am not worried about i knew that was illigal and thats my fault so! :(

But i have threee chances!

A. I get a nice judge who cuts me a break(for once in my life that might happen) and agrees that 28 over is a bit high and lowers to 23 and lower!

B. My friend can pull a few strings with his GSP friends and get them to talk to the cop and not send in teh ticket! (VERY unlikely...but i can dream!)

C. I go to court plead innocent and go to court. Ask for a jury trial, since my license is on the line. That gets my court date pushed back, 6-8months, then get a court appointed lawyer, and have him get it delayed until after my 21st birthday! And then just pay the fine and court fees. Most expensive route, but saves license/job! <-- this route coming from a friends GSP friend!

Honestly I don't know if that would work, but since you said that you have a GSP for a friend who knows, but what I do know is that I had a friend to think like that and tried it, yet it did not work, so know you'll have to sit there and say "I should of just pled guilty and have that 6 to 8 months out of the way instead of wasting 6 to 8 months and then adding an additional year to that", it doesn't really seem like its worth it, but hey you only know what's the right decision to make for your life. GL

keevo54
05-26-2007, 09:21 PM
28 over you really need a lawyer

MachNU
05-26-2007, 09:23 PM
Well if anything i can try a lawyer...all i need is fro the charge to be dropped under 24, so if i can get it down to 23 i am in the clear!

smiley723
05-27-2007, 10:36 PM
Michael with you getting pulled over by GSP it is a little harder to negotiate the speed. Plus if you were in the speed zone for the road construction that may play a part in what they do. If you do lose your lisence this time it will most likely be for a year. Once you know you that your ticket is in the system I would call and see if you can talk to a court appointed lawyer before court and find out what your options are. Just my :2cents:

Stormhammer
05-28-2007, 12:26 AM
if you haven't taken defensive driving yet, I recommend that you do and bring it in, it may or may not help, but if it did help it reduces the speed dramatically

also keep an eye out - GSP and G'nett Co. has been out on 85 recently, especially this weekend since its Memorial Day weekend, which apparently the most drunk driving accidents occur

Leadfoot_mf
05-28-2007, 12:36 AM
get the defensive driving cert u can take the class online http://www.gototrafficschool.com/register/RegisterCourt.aspx?rgn=7175 then talk to the solicitor and see if you can do community service to lower the speed to 14 over the speed limit. worked for me in cobb county had 22 over did the above got 24 hours of cs and got the speed and fine lowered.

Leadfoot_mf
05-28-2007, 12:39 AM
also when ever you are about to get pulled over lower your damn windows u gotz the power winduz u have no excuse. if they are down they don;t think to check it.

Stormhammer
05-28-2007, 03:44 AM
also on what QD said - the posted speed limit in the area believe it or not is 50mph due to the bridge construction...

JDMmuscle
05-28-2007, 04:05 AM
UGH bro sounds like me 2 years ago...
SAME thing, idencial to you

Working at a dealership... blah blah, highway... yeah

Judge was an ass, and i guess wanted to be a hardass cus i was young and he wanted to get his point across....

Lost my license for a year....

then got cought driving under suspention because i STILL had to drive to work..
so 2 years no license... lost my job because of it... :(

I would honestly make an appointment with a lawyer, just to get an idea what you can expect, the appointment will cost you nothing:goodjob:

JDMmuscle
05-28-2007, 04:09 AM
OH also i forgot..

If you were presentable to the officer, and non confrontational, im sure he will work with you

if you were nice and such, just explain the situation, BUT
make sure he knows you arnt trying to get out of the ticket. Tell him you take full responsibility, dont make excuses, just ask him if he can work out something with him, because you dont want to loss your job :goodjob:

MachNU
05-28-2007, 08:02 AM
OH also i forgot..

If you were presentable to the officer, and non confrontational, im sure he will work with you

if you were nice and such, just explain the situation, BUT
make sure he knows you arnt trying to get out of the ticket. Tell him you take full responsibility, dont make excuses, just ask him if he can work out something with him, because you dont want to loss your job :goodjob:

hince the i am guilty to speeding just innocent to that high of an amount over.....if you get what i am saying!

MachNU
05-28-2007, 08:06 AM
get the defensive driving cert u can take the class online http://www.gototrafficschool.com/register/RegisterCourt.aspx?rgn=7175 then talk to the solicitor and see if you can do community service to lower the speed to 14 over the speed limit. worked for me in cobb county had 22 over did the above got 24 hours of cs and got the speed and fine lowered.

yeah that is one thing i am lookng at doing, i have a few friends who got out with 24+ tickets that way!

but seeing as how my record will be clean by the time i go to court, i will jsut hire a lawyer to be on the safe side, see if he can get the ticket down to 23 and under, and just pa the fine. THEN take DD after that to lower the points on my license from the ticket!

keevo54
05-28-2007, 12:45 PM
Rarely dpo they accept online course from what I have heard