PDA

View Full Version : SRT4 DRIVERS*rant*

CHADbee
05-26-2007, 04:55 PM
i fuckin hate them! its getting really bad. i guess cause the resale value has dropped so much on theese cars every fuckin ricer in atlanta is now able to pick up a factory turbo charged car and for only 30 bucks more they can buy them a Mopar BOV and think they are king shit of theese roads. i drive a SRT4 so everytime i see another SRT4 driver i wave, but i never get a mature wave back i allways get a wild crazy motor reving frezy mixed with the sound of a blow off valve going nuts. its sad. im sick of it. it makes me want to sell my car, i know theese cars are either hated or loved. me personally i can deal with the fact that the car is just a neon with a turbo. the thing is it really is a kickass car, with less that 1500 buck in my motor i ran 12's. its a great car but all the dumb sun of bitchs are making me ashamed to drive my car, and i love my car, everytime i hit 28psi with a tank full of 110 it puts the biggest smile on my face, but its slowly being ruined. i want to keep my car so bad.

goddamn it.

/rant

§treet_§peed
05-26-2007, 05:03 PM
come to gainesville and you wil really be dissapointed

OneSlow5pt0
05-26-2007, 05:09 PM
i hate them as well.they think a stock SRT-4 is as fast a stock TT RX-7 or Supra,lol

CHADbee
05-26-2007, 05:14 PM
i hate them as well.they think a stock SRT-4 is as fast a stock TT RX-7 or Supra,lol
stock for stock they are faster than TT FD's and are about .5 sec slower that TT pooperas'

but hey, they're still a neon :D

OneSlow5pt0
05-26-2007, 05:17 PM
lol,touche

but still SRT-4= new 240 and civic...u see them everywhere

i think u need to get a 6thgen celica do the GT4 swap..and beat the neons,lol

The Youngn
05-26-2007, 05:18 PM
neons suck....expecially all the neons in PMS. Mainly the black on black wingless one with the carbon hood

*runs away*

CHADbee
05-26-2007, 05:34 PM
lol @ young'n

wtf @ new civic-cause civics can allways hold 500whp stock block.

OoOoOooooOOooOooOoOoo

OneSlow5pt0
05-26-2007, 05:36 PM
i just ment cause alot of people are buying them....lol

but i guess thats cause thier easy to mod and road gun

BTLFED
05-26-2007, 05:57 PM
We need to change the name of this site to "Whiney Emo Atlanta."

Ltdnismorace
05-26-2007, 06:00 PM
neons are neons, the accessability of the car itself is always gonna lead to ricer tendencies, just like civics.

Julio
05-26-2007, 06:04 PM
SRT 4 = Best bang for buck though.. no matter what anyone says.

OneSlow5pt0
05-26-2007, 06:08 PM
^^and thats y theirs alot of them,and alot of dumbasses that drive them

iv never met chad,but he dont seem like the ricer jackasses u do see driving 4s..

its like when i had my RX-7,id wave at people with RX-8....and they just stare at me

EssAreTwenTee
05-26-2007, 06:10 PM
yeah thats pretty lame. Whenever I see another srt4 I write them a note and rubberband it to a rock and chuck it at them.

OneSlow5pt0
05-26-2007, 06:11 PM
^^lol,i do that to mustangs

hydroshutter
05-26-2007, 06:21 PM
I think 03-04 Cobras are better bangs for the buck.

CHADbee
05-26-2007, 08:01 PM
I think 03-04 Cobras are better bangs for the buck.
can u get me a slobra for 15k?

JITB
05-26-2007, 09:44 PM
theres atleast 10 srt4's in conyers, not counting chads...lol

it is alittle crazy..

OneSlow5pt0
05-26-2007, 09:49 PM
theirs 4 or 5 in griffin,lol

404S2K
05-26-2007, 09:52 PM
I absolutely hate them like I hate foxbody mustangs. cheap horsepower is all they are. none of this is directed negatively towards chad I just don't like the neons at all. just the other night coming home from work I pulled up behind one and he dumped the clutch and drove off... I didn't even waste my gas messing with him.

404S2K
05-26-2007, 09:53 PM
oh and the other day me and my friends were doing a club roll up to road atlanta for formula D and we're at quiktrip all lined up and my friend john started taking some pics and this srt4 pulls up in line with us like he's rolling with us. wtf.

BlkCD5
05-26-2007, 09:59 PM
how do you think i feel chad? I drive a Honda and experience what you previously said before 100x's. I can't even pass someone without them thinking i want to race. :wtf:

OneSlow5pt0
05-26-2007, 10:08 PM
how do you think i feel chad? I drive a Honda and experience what you previously said before 100x's. I can't even pass someone without them thinking i want to race. :wtf:

no joke,i was leaving wal-mart tonigh ,and i saw a red SR-4 coming out of a parking place,this fucker flys gonna be 80mph to catch up to me,i think he wanna to race,cause as soon as he got next to me he slowed down

so,idk WTF that was out

EssAreTwenTee
05-26-2007, 11:28 PM
no joke,i was leaving wal-mart tonigh ,and i saw a red SR-4 coming out of a parking place,this fucker flys gonna be 80mph to catch up to me,i think he wanna to race,cause as soon as he got next to me he slowed down

so,idk WTF that was out

I've had everything from a tahoe to an eclipse with parts trying to fall off try to race me. Most the time I just slow way down and ignore them sometimes I'll take off to blow them off and wait for the ricer flybye.

one time I had a foxbody trying to race me going down I-20 with my radar detector going crazy. I hurried and got off the interstate before cop could accuse me of racing

OneSlow5pt0
05-26-2007, 11:45 PM
lol gotta love the flyby....even better when its the flyby followed by the finger,lol

Humphrizzle
05-26-2007, 11:57 PM
theres a few here in Newnan.

i dont talk to people that own them.

1.8T is best bang for your buck.

IMWEZL
05-27-2007, 12:03 AM
one time I had a foxbody trying to race me going down I-20 with my radar detector going crazy. I hurried and got off the interstate before cop could accuse me of racing

Every weekend I would drive from Nashville to Augusta and this would always happen on I-20/I-75. I never got a ticket but I got pulled over a few times, mostly by GSP. I guess attention is just part of owning an SRT4.

Novacaine
05-27-2007, 12:03 AM
SRT 4 = Best bang for buck though.. no matter what anyone says.

Infact in the May 2007 issue of car and driver actually had a Q & A submitted by the reader with the following questions.

"Which car has:
The most horsepower per dollar?
The lowest 0-60 per dollar?"

Based on the cars they tested the LS-2 GTO was the best power for the dollar at 400 horses for $31,990 our 80$ per pony. But among current models the leaders are the Ford Shelby GT500 at $86 per pony and followed closely by the mustang GT.

However the best 0-60 per dollar car are found by multipling the two. And the found tha the SRT-4 was actually the best preformer for the buck at $21,295 and hit 60 from rest in 5.3 secs however among current models the winner was the Saturn Ion Redline which cost $20,490 and hit 0-60 in 6 seconds flat.

BlkCD5
05-27-2007, 12:36 AM
car stereotypes suck :(

OneSlow5pt0
05-27-2007, 12:39 AM
car stereotypes suck :(

yep,they do

Ericp
05-27-2007, 12:43 AM
I hate all srt4 owners unless I know them

BlkCD5
05-27-2007, 12:55 AM
touche

Double_0_Rusty
05-27-2007, 01:06 AM
There are a handful of T-4's in the Athen's area. I have also met Chad before when I had my SRT-4 clone. It was a 2005 Srt-design...came with the spoiler, hood, ect. I added the srt-4 exhaust and wheels. I knew my car was slow as shit but I still got attention, and a few tickets. I got rid of it for a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500. I love the cars, but it was just time to grow up a little.

00R.

ct9a gsr
05-27-2007, 01:17 AM
Making fun of idiots on the srtforums always provides some good entertainment.

Double_0_Rusty
05-27-2007, 01:18 AM

lmfao:lmfao: I do the same thing:goodjob:

mikebluS2G
05-27-2007, 01:29 AM
HAHA....chad getting mad at his own kind....:D ....its ok, as long as ur faster than them they still suk:goodjob: (including eric:lmfao: )..............'take a chill pill or sumthin':cheers:

MulattoBoi
05-27-2007, 01:32 AM
I love you, im sorry Chad!

EssAreTwenTee
05-27-2007, 02:02 AM

there are no shortage. Not long back a guy was asking what people thought of his intercooler he got off ebay. I looked at the auction and it was for 03-07 srt4s. I told him boy good buy they really know their srt4s

CHADbee
05-27-2007, 02:37 AM
I absolutely hate them like I hate foxbody mustangs. cheap horsepower is all they are. none of this is directed negatively towards chad I just don't like the neons at all. just the other night coming home from work I pulled up behind one and he dumped the clutch and drove off... I didn't even waste my gas messing with him.
like i said i understand not everybody likes them, i HATED them till i drove one and felt the TQ the car makes as soon as u press the pedal to the floor. hail my roommate and good friend for many years drives this....

http://www.nikonmafia.com/pomo/3.jpg

so i understand where u are coming from but at the same time u cant deny how amazing it is that u can put less than 1500 dollars in one and run 12's. stright up u just cant fuckin beat theese cars for the price. they hold 500whp stock block and come with a quafe LSD from the factory. but hey if thats not ur thing thats cool, some people hate them, some people clam they hate them but really love them and some people hate them cause at one piont in time they lost to a neon and their pride got hurt. hehehe.

but we can agree foxbody arent worth shit :goodjob:

Stormhammer
05-27-2007, 02:52 AM
thank god for Starions :D

hmm... although I've been tempted to pick up an SRT4 for a daily

CHADbee
05-27-2007, 02:57 AM
thank god for Starions :D

hmm... although I've been tempted to pick up an SRT4 for a daily
if u really dont wanna buy one they dont test drive one. the salesman pushed me into test driving one(even though i hated them) and i drove it home the next day. they are such fun cars. the problem i have is u can get them so cheap now that all theese fuckin rice boys can afford a factory turbo chaged car and think every car with any slight modifaction done to it deserves to be blown off at, fly'd by on, rev's at and basically make all SRT owners look like fools.

OneSlow5pt0
05-27-2007, 03:57 AM
yea, i mean iv never knocked the cars. They are good cars for the money,guess that why u see so many of them. o,well i drive a Celica so i cant say much

Nemesis
05-27-2007, 08:03 AM
Most Subaru owners that Ive encountered are pretty mature and arent the hard core mad tite JDM wannabe street racers. Alex is the only exception LOL

Sol-Badguy
05-27-2007, 09:04 AM
I've noticed it a lot too.

When I had my Prelude (it was tastefully loud), there would always be a silver one with a BOV driving down 166/285N that would mess with me.

I don't even mean revving and stuff, I mean getting on my ass, and putting it to the floor and letting the BOV sound RIGHT as he got beside my window and took off.

I even tried waving at him a few times, all I got was his BOV..

EssAreTwenTee
05-27-2007, 01:19 PM

When I had my Prelude (it was tastefully loud), there would always be a silver one with a BOV driving down 166/285N that would mess with me.

I don't even mean revving and stuff, I mean getting on my ass, and putting it to the floor and letting the BOV sound RIGHT as he got beside my window and took off.

sounds like harrassment. lol

Halfwit
05-27-2007, 01:21 PM
sounds like harrassment. lol
cool vinyls on your car. :gay:

IDriveToast
05-27-2007, 01:29 PM
They're good cars for the money. Keep your head up. Yours seems to be pretty nice...and not ricey :D

CHADbee
05-27-2007, 01:46 PM

fuckin idiots :no:

ct9a gsr
05-27-2007, 02:14 PM
Heh... it's hilarious that at least 25% of the 1st page in the SRT General forum is ALWAYS about blow-off valves... usually asking how to make them louder and make a specifc sound.

I think that's why Chad originally had a Raptor bov... cause the name sounded cool.

OneSlow5pt0
05-27-2007, 02:22 PM
^lol,i gotta get that Viper alarm,cause it sounds mean...lol

Sol-Badguy
05-27-2007, 02:32 PM
LIRL @ ct9a

CHADbee
05-27-2007, 02:44 PM
I think that's why Chad originally had a Raptor bov... cause the name sounded cool.
sssshhhhh!!!!!

:ninja:

really, turbonetics makes a package that u get the intercooler pipe and the raptor BOV together, and its cheap. but ya, im and ricer and stuff too :rolleyes:

Sol-Badguy
05-27-2007, 02:46 PM
chad being cheap ftl. :D

CHADbee
05-27-2007, 02:52 PM
chad being cheap ftl. :D
i drive a neon wtf u expect?

being cheap=buying a neon

not being cheap=buying an evo

BTLFED
05-27-2007, 05:28 PM
Holy shit you people are pathetic. You really think that ricers should dictate what you buy? :rolleyes:

NEWSFLASH: BUY WTF YOU WANT! IF IT IS WHAT YOU WANT THEN WHY YOU LETTING RICERS DICTATE THAT? YOU ARE THE MOTHER FUCKER THAT OWNS IT AND HAS THE KEYS TO IT! THE NEW GENERATION OF THE IMPORT PERFORMANCE FIELD IS A BUNCH OF PUSSYS. BUY WTF YOU WANT AND STOP LETTING RICERS DICTATE WHAT YOU WANT. NEW SCHOOL IMPORT PERFORMANCE GUYS ARE FUCKING BITCHES. CHANGE YOUR TAMPONS AND COME BACK WITH A BETTER ATTITUDE. :slap:

OneSlow5pt0
05-27-2007, 05:57 PM
foshizzle?

eViLMunkey
05-27-2007, 06:00 PM
Holy shit you people are pathetic. You really think that ricers should dictate what you buy? :rolleyes:

NEWSFLASH: BUY WTF YOU WANT! IF IT IS WHAT YOU WANT THEN WHY YOU LETTING RICERS DICTATE THAT? YOU ARE THE MOTHER FUCKER THAT OWNS IT AND HAS THE KEYS TO IT! THE NEW GENERATION OF THE IMPORT PERFORMANCE FIELD IS A BUNCH OF PUSSYS. BUY WTF YOU WANT AND STOP LETTING RICERS DICTATE WHAT YOU WANT. NEW SCHOOL IMPORT PERFORMANCE GUYS ARE FUCKING BITCHES. CHANGE YOUR TAMPONS AND COME BACK WITH A BETTER ATTITUDE. :slap:

I Agree w/ that one :goodjob: :goodjob: :cheers:

CHADbee
05-27-2007, 07:47 PM

truuuueee

its still frustrating dude.

404S2K
05-27-2007, 08:02 PM
Yeah Chad I hear you on that.
They're fast for sure.
I just can't get over how I see people being more immature in them than other imports.
It's like half of them are missing the message.

404S2K
05-27-2007, 08:05 PM
like i said i understand not everybody likes them, i HATED them till i drove one and felt the TQ the car makes as soon as u press the pedal to the floor. hail my roommate and good friend for many years drives this....

http://www.nikonmafia.com/pomo/3.jpg

so i understand where u are coming from but at the same time u cant deny how amazing it is that u can put less than 1500 dollars in one and run 12's. stright up u just cant fuckin beat theese cars for the price. they hold 500whp stock block and come with a quafe LSD from the factory. but hey if thats not ur thing thats cool, some people hate them, some people clam they hate them but really love them and some people hate them cause at one piont in time they lost to a neon and their pride got hurt. hehehe.

but we can agree foxbody arent worth shit :goodjob:

BTW was he at Formula D @ Road Atlanta cause I think I saw this ride.

+1 for that carbon lip and wheels

CHADbee
05-27-2007, 08:08 PM
yeah he was in our booth(competition clutch) at FD :goodjob:

404S2K
05-27-2007, 08:11 PM
nice yeah I stopped for awhile and checked it out. very nice.

I just recently got my s2k and his looked like a dream to me. lol

I like all the subtle and clean mods he made.

but anyway sorry to switch up the thread

/drool over your friends s2k.

OneSlow5pt0
05-27-2007, 08:18 PM
Yeah Chad I hear you on that.
They're fast for sure.
I just can't get over how I see people being more immature in them than other imports.
It's like half of them are missing the message.

its not a import,lol

but i get what yall mean,when u have something a good thing for good price,alot of people will want it and when u get alot of people in that u get alot of dumbasses.

404S2K
05-27-2007, 08:21 PM
haha yeah I thought about that as I typed it but whatever.

this is importatlanta its just kinda assumed.

plus half the "american" car companies are building their shit elsewhere now.

ueyedgr8tness
05-27-2007, 08:23 PM
I love how so many ppl call other ppl ricers for making there turbo car blow off<GEt a mother fucking life u no when u 1st got your Turbo car u did the same fucking thing and no matter how much u look at it u still sneeze on ppl just for the fun of it:no: Grow up any 1 can have a srt-4 but only a few got some worth looking at and that are worth racing.

HEy and look on the bright side there are way more ricer honda's than srt-4:yes:

404S2K
05-27-2007, 08:31 PM
HEy and look on the bright side there are way more ricer honda's than srt-4:yes:
well yeah how much longer have they been around?

that was the first breeding ground.

CHADbee
05-27-2007, 08:35 PM
nice yeah I stopped for awhile and checked it out. very nice.

I just recently got my s2k and his looked like a dream to me. lol

I like all the subtle and clean mods he made.

but anyway sorry to switch up the thread

/drool over your friends s2k.
lol. its aight man. his car is really clean though, the whole reason that exsists is for road atlanta and dragon runs. its scares the living shit out of me when he heal/toes and comes into a turn so fuckin hot i think we are gonna die, but i love it. lol.

I love how so many ppl call other ppl ricers for making there turbo car blow off<GEt a mother fucking life u no when u 1st got your Turbo car u did the same fucking thing and no matter how much u look at it u still sneeze on ppl just for the fun of it:no: Grow up any 1 can have a srt-4 but only a few got some worth looking at and that are worth racing.

they are ricers, i call it like i see it and it makes the people with SRT4's are are truly cool, respectable people like me, ericP, mastakilla and member8752378 look bad and im tired of people saying SRT4 drivers are fuckin idiots cause i drive a SRT4 but at the same time i understand why that is said cause the majorty of them are the biggest ricers to ever get behind the wheel of a car and it makes me sick.

and no, when i fisrt got my car i never rev'd at people in traffic or tried to race accords and shit like that. dont justify their ricerness.

404S2K
05-27-2007, 08:43 PM
I'd +1 you Chad but I already did the other day and it won't let me again. haha

404S2K
05-27-2007, 08:44 PM
Oh and I want to do some dragon runs soon. my boss led me onto that and its looks like a worthwhile time.

CHADbee
05-27-2007, 10:36 PM
Oh and I want to do some dragon runs soon. my boss led me onto that and its looks like a worthwhile time.
its amazing up there dude, go up there this summer and its so fuckin beautiful up there in the mountains just make sure u brakes are up to par, cause u will be using them, alot. lol.

EssAreTwenTee
05-28-2007, 12:42 AM
cool vinyls on your car. :gay:

what do you drive again? oh wait sorry dont give a shit.

BTLFED
05-28-2007, 09:01 AM

You are a moron, and most likely one of the ricers we are speaking about. I never sat there and made it blow off when I first got my turbo, idiot. :slap:

JstAneon
05-28-2007, 11:37 AM
I've seen this same behavior across the whole spectrum. IMO srt-4's have just been getting alot of (mostly negative) attention since they were released. I could really give a shit less about what everyone else thinks. The best thing you can do is lead by example. There will always be ricers. Its a fact of life.