PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on how to fix my supension!

bigdare23
05-26-2007, 02:57 PM
Well, yesterday afternoon I broken an axle (jdm powa yo LOL), and it shoot my car into a ditch. I was expecting mostly visual effects, but my exterior wasn't damage. I notice after removing my wheel that my axle was broke and later I notice my wheel was shift backward like an half to a full inch (fucken sucks!!!). After replacing the axle, my car still pulls extremely (this word nowhere near explains its) hard to the right. I plan on replacing the uca, lca, knuckle, tie bar, and maybe the the crossmember (if needed). I'm posting this to see if anyone else has experienced something like this before and fixed it. I love my car a lot and want to get it back to tip-top shape (if possible). Thanks ahead of time for your suggestions on fixing it!

koukis14
05-26-2007, 06:34 PM
At some point no matter what you do it will need to be put on an allignment rack. I would get that out of the way and have them tell you what is wrong. You will of course have to have it alligned again after you replace all the shit but atleast you will know it is right.

bigdare23
05-26-2007, 06:51 PM
True! Thanks! I should have done that first. Too late now, hopefully I can find a place open on monday.

I found another problem, I now, my wheel automaticly turns so the right and the boots on that steering bar (don't know the name) that connects to both lca (it runs parallel to the rear crossmember) are torn.

koukis14
05-26-2007, 09:56 PM
True! Thanks! I should have done that first. Too late now, hopefully I can find a place open on monday.

I found another problem, I now, my wheel automaticly turns so the right and the boots on that steering bar (don't know the name) that connects to both lca (it runs parallel to the rear crossmember) are torn.

Steering bar = tie rod. You should just get a bunch of aftermarket shit. If you can afford it.

StraightSix
05-26-2007, 11:21 PM
Without looking at your car, it'll be hard to diagnose exactly what you need, but based on your description I have a couple of thoughts.

I would look really closely at the lower control arm. If it's bent, it will cause you caster to be way wrong. A really bad caster split will cause a hard pull in one direction.

Look at the gaps in front and behind the wheel in question, then look at the other side. If one side looks more forward or more rearward then the other, then that's likely the source of the pull.

Inspect the tie rods, as well. They should be straight, i.e. they might come out of the rack at a slight angle but the part from the rack to the outer tie rod should be straight.

I would also check the front and rear cross members. There's a possibility that you bent rear cross member where the lca bolts through. The front cross member has a radius rod, or caster rod, that comes through and rides in rubber bushings.

I doubt that the upper control arm is bent.

If you can post pics, that might help. Getting the car on an alignment rack will really tell the story, too.

bigdare23
05-28-2007, 12:56 AM
Damn ya'll are smart bitches!!! Reps to all!!!

How my sunday went..............

-Went to part car
-Pulled knuckle off with tie ends {wasted a few hours}
-Drove my car to firestone
-Found out the my crossmember was pushed back (bolt holes are now ovals rather than circles) and passenger tie rod was bent
-Go back to part car
-Pull crossmember
-Install tie rods, crossmember, and polyun..... bushings :goodjob:
-wheel is 90% better (off very very slightly)
-Now needs alighment
-Next buying traction bars to fix it 100%

Thanks for your help!!!!