PDA

View Full Version : Misc Question about a movie...reps for correct answer

koukis14
05-25-2007, 06:51 PM
I know this probably belongs in the entertainment section but I know it will get more exposure in here.

I want the name of a movie made I want to say in the 70s.

It is a documentary about a guy that moves to Alaska, buys a plot of land next to a lake, builds a house and basically lives there.

I saw it on PBS a few years ago and it was one of the coolest things I have ever seen.

Thanks for your help.

quickdodge®
05-25-2007, 06:57 PM
It's called "Alone In The Wilderness." The movie came out in 2004.

"Documentary tells the story of Dick Proenneke who, in the late 1960s, built his own cabin in the wilderness at the base of the Aleutian Peninsula, in what is now Lake Clark National Park. Using color footage he shot himself, Proenneke traces how he came to this remote area, selected a homestead site and built his log cabin completely by himself. The documentary covers his first year in-country, showing his day-to-day activities and the passing of the seasons as he sought to scratch out a living alone in the wilderness."

Later, QD.

B18c1Turboed
05-25-2007, 07:00 PM
Brokeback MOuntain.... NOW REP ME!!!

koukis14
05-25-2007, 07:00 PM
I knew you would know, thanks. Reps. Anyone who has not seen this movie you need to watch it. It is amazing.

quickdodge®
05-25-2007, 08:41 PM
It's what I do. Later, QD.

cactusEG
05-25-2007, 10:50 PM
that movie is the shit

koukis14
05-25-2007, 10:54 PM
that movie is the shit
The first time I saw it I had a bad hangover and flipped my tv on when I woke up, to see a guy chopping wood. I layed there and watched the whole thing with a big stupid grin on my face. I have been watching alot of Survivorman and Man vs Wild and it made me think of it.

cactusEG
05-25-2007, 10:57 PM
have u ever seen the movie about a kid who wrecks in a plan in the wilderness and has to servive... that a good movie to

koukis14
05-25-2007, 11:01 PM
have u ever seen the movie about a kid who wrecks in a plan in the wilderness and has to servive... that a good movie to

No I will have to check it out. Did you see the one on the Discovery Channel with the stupis asshole that talks to bears and eventually got eaten.

cactusEG
05-25-2007, 11:03 PM
No I will have to check it out. Did you see the one on the Discovery Channel with the stupis asshole that talks to bears and eventually got eaten.

lol they ate his bitch ass lol no but i seen commercails about it :goodjob:

Double_0_Rusty
05-25-2007, 11:49 PM

I want to say the name of that is "Grizzly Man" it came out last year. Correct me if I am wrong.

00R.

BuBBa DRiFT
05-26-2007, 12:28 AM
Grizzly Man would be correct. The Hatchet or "The Call of the Wild" as the movie is called. I read it in elementary school and The Movie goes by a different name. There is a sequal too, called "Return to the Lake" or something.

GSRteg®
05-26-2007, 12:36 AM
lol

koukis14
05-26-2007, 05:17 PM
I want to say the name of that is "Grizzly Man" it came out last year. Correct me if I am wrong.

00R.

Yeah that guy was a fucking nutjob.

Novacaine
05-26-2007, 07:17 PM
Grizzly Man would be correct. The Hatchet or "The Call of the Wild" as the movie is called. I read it in elementary school and The Movie goes by a different name. There is a sequal too, called "Return to the Lake" or something.

Read it as well and have seen the movie but can't remember which of the names it was under. Good book though.

Double_0_Rusty
05-26-2007, 08:34 PM
Yeah that guy was a fucking nutjob.

I agree:goodjob: