PDA

View Full Version : Whoever works/has Bellsouth DSL & phone service

girly_typeR
07-04-2005, 04:40 PM
Ok, so I just recently got the internet connected back again, and also got a house line...

So, one day, out of all the other days, when I touch the phone, it doesn't work... Everyone under the roof blames my "magic touch" to have ruined the telephone.

The main deal is, does anyone have or had Bellsouth DSL and had the internet work fine, but the house phone NOT work??

Please help, thanks. :goodjob:

AtifSajid
07-04-2005, 04:45 PM
I have it and have had no problems. I didnt even use my phone line for a while until recently and it works fine..what the problem..I would just call Bellsouth and tell them your phone isnt wokring and they should connect it and also refund you some money, tell them it hasnt been working since you got it..

btw - how you doing?

Brett
07-04-2005, 04:48 PM
We have the Bellsouth phone service and thier DSL and we have never had that happen, Call thier customer service and they can set up someone to come look at it

David88vert
07-04-2005, 05:28 PM
It happens a good bit at my house. What's really bad is that I work at BellSouth.

ruah_23
07-04-2005, 06:05 PM
Did u put the filter on?

Brett
07-04-2005, 06:48 PM
^^ And is the filter on every jack that has a phone hooked to it?

girly_typeR
07-04-2005, 06:52 PM
Everything is plugged in.
I'm on the phone right now... How weird, of the it, to not work & work so randomly!!

Ronv350z
07-04-2005, 11:45 PM
Ok, so I just recently got the interneted connected back again, and also got a house line...

So, one day, out of all the other days, when I touch the phone, it doesn't work... Everyone under the roof blames my "magic touch" to have ruined the telephone.

The main deal is, does anyone have or had Bellsouth DSL and had the internet work fine, but the house phone NOT work??

my home phone was out here for a while today. Maybe 2 hours or so. It was strange I had to check to see if I paid my bill, but I did service was just down.

tony
07-05-2005, 12:28 AM
Ok, so I just recently got the interneted connected back again, and also got a house line...

I'm a bellsouth tech and work on dsl.. the line going out could be a number of things. When it goes out if you call your home phone from a cell phone and get a busy signal that would usually mean there is a hard short on the line which is the same thing as leaving the phone off of the hook. Usually some type of equipment on the line causes that like another phone, your alarm system or the modem.

From what I've experienced DSL will work over a common short or ground on the line even if you do not have a dial tone. DSL works on a different frequency on the line that is rarely effected.. unless the line is completely cut. so..

cliff notes:
im a bellsouth tech (so is jason sti)
phone not working could be a number of things
yes dsl will usually work even when you cant get a dial tone

David88vert
07-05-2005, 06:34 AM
mmmm, I'm not great at all to tell you the truth.

David88vert, that really sucks... Do you know why this happens?
Argh, Bellsouth sucks!!!

Mine is really simple. Someone flips a switch at a substation near here and it goes out. I have them flip it back. A couple of months later it gets flipped again. This has been going on for 10 years. Needless to say, I have a thick file with BellSouth.Every single tech has told me the same thinkg about it.

Brett
07-05-2005, 07:49 AM
my home phone was out here for a while today. Maybe 2 hours or so. It was strange I had to check to see if I paid my bill, but I did service was just down.

Notice how a brotha always checks to see if they paid thier bill when the phone dont work :lmfao:

DreamerTheresa
07-05-2005, 11:01 AM
PHUQ bellsouth!

I've had nothing but problems with them. I'm switching to Comcast when I move into the house.