PDA

View Full Version : Random Police Stupidity/Brutality caught on tape!!!

GSRtegŪ
05-22-2007, 10:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaHyuWgir8U

obd1kenobi
05-22-2007, 10:16 PM
Damn she got paid!

SLOWR/T
05-22-2007, 10:18 PM
cops get away with to much. i would have rather he lost his job then me get 60k

GSRtegŪ
05-22-2007, 10:51 PM
Damn right, but I would have asked for like another 60,000 though.

cops get away with to much. i would have rather he lost his job then me get 60k

koukis14
05-23-2007, 12:27 AM
He should have lost his badge and been charged with assult.

Jin
05-23-2007, 10:59 AM
On IA its always the same thing. Cops wrong, victims right.

Lets put it in perspective. He may have been wrong but did he have an opportunity to find out? Did she comply? What would you have done in the cops place?

He first kindly asked her to come out to the vehicle. She could have went to his vehicle and proved him wrong and then put that shit in his face? Why did she resist arrest after the fact?

People these days are too thug to listen to a man with a gun. "Fuck that I ain'tz afraid of no cop. The shouldnt have taken my brother to prison." Maybe if your brother didnt commit a crime he wouldnt be in prison.

Jaimecbr900
05-23-2007, 11:20 AM

Lets put it in perspective. He may have been wrong but did he have an opportunity to find out? Did she comply? What would you have done in the cops place?

He first kindly asked her to come out to the vehicle. She could have went to his vehicle and proved him wrong and then put that shit in his face? Why did she resist arrest after the fact?

People these days are too thug to listen to a man with a gun. "Fuck that I ain'tz afraid of no cop. The shouldnt have taken my brother to prison." Maybe if your brother didnt commit a crime he wouldnt be in prison.

Normally, I would agree with you. In this case though, which BTW is as old as the hills, the cop was dead wrong all the way around.

If this had been a dispute between two civilians over the exact same thing and the police were called, they would've told the person that thought he was short changed that their only recourse would be to take the clerk/store to small claims court. When it comes to money disputes where there is no clear cut stealing involved, the police usually defer them to go to court over it. That's what this guy should've done. If he felt short changed, his argument should've been with the MANAGER of the store, not the employee. Besides the fact that technically he shouldn't have been allowed behind the counter to inquire about getting short changed. When the Manager checked and confirmed to him that there were no $20's in the drawer at all, he could of simply asked to see the tape to be sure she didn't stuff in her pants or something and called it a day. The same video that convicted him, could have shown him that he was wrong all along.

The girl was ghetto as hell and rude, but you also have to think about the fact that she DIDN'T steal the money. I would be pretty voicetrous too. I probably would've picked up the phone and called 911 to send out more police to diffuse the situation, but I'd been a little heated if someone blamed me for something I didn't do too.

Bottomline he was wrong in this case. As long as nobody says the ultimate dumbass statement of "all police are bad", we'll be alright. In this case, he was wrong though.

Jin
05-23-2007, 01:21 PM
Normally, I would agree with you. In this case though, which BTW is as old as the hills, the cop was dead wrong all the way around.

If this had been a dispute between two civilians over the exact same thing and the police were called, they would've told the person that thought he was short changed that their only recourse would be to take the clerk/store to small claims court. When it comes to money disputes where there is no clear cut stealing involved, the police usually defer them to go to court over it. That's what this guy should've done. If he felt short changed, his argument should've been with the MANAGER of the store, not the employee. Besides the fact that technically he shouldn't have been allowed behind the counter to inquire about getting short changed. When the Manager checked and confirmed to him that there were no $20's in the drawer at all, he could of simply asked to see the tape to be sure she didn't stuff in her pants or something and called it a day. The same video that convicted him, could have shown him that he was wrong all along.

The girl was ghetto as hell and rude, but you also have to think about the fact that she DIDN'T steal the money. I would be pretty voicetrous too. I probably would've picked up the phone and called 911 to send out more police to diffuse the situation, but I'd been a little heated if someone blamed me for something I didn't do too.

Bottomline he was wrong in this case. As long as nobody says the ultimate dumbass statement of "all police are bad", we'll be alright. In this case, he was wrong though.

Dont get me wrong i agree with you. I just feel that a whole cop bashing is incoming. Like i said in my post, i do agree that he is wrong. I'm sure he was reprimanded but so many people on here pull the whole "all cops should die" excuse. I just wanted to put some perspective on it cause im sure absolutely none of you have never been wrong. Sure we all get a little ticked when it comes to people messing with our money but once again. Put yourself in his shoes. What he did was yes excessive but doesnt mean all cops are bad.

I dont hear anything about how the female in the situation handled it. Rage begets more rage. Sitting there screaming at him doesnt fix the situation. Did she think the cop was gonna back down? Pepper spray or a Rodney King style beatdown was inevitable.

Jin
05-23-2007, 01:24 PM
As much as id hate to say this:

QD is the only one ive seen that has a brain when it comes to these kinds of situations. He seems to be the only one who halfway defends police officers.

KevinT707
05-23-2007, 01:30 PM
The Police need to wrongly accuse me + spray me with some pepper spray so I can get paid $$

Jaimecbr900
05-23-2007, 01:34 PM
As much as id hate to say this:

QD is the only one ive seen that has a brain when it comes to these kinds of situations. He seems to be the only one who halfway defends police officers.

Well, then you've not been reading the threads correctly. QD and I, along with a handful of others, do come in and sprinkle some sanity and common sense to the all too often "cop bashing" threads. As a matter of fact, we just had an incident this week with a noob that was acting like a retard about cops. Several dumbass threads about it in fact.

So believe me, under normal circumstances I'd whole heartedly agree with you. In this case, even if she acted all ghetto, she didn't deserve what she got. He was wrong. I'd love to say he wasn't, but he was. Even if she yelled and cussed, it all was precipitated by his actions. She showed no class at all, but he was still far worse.

babowc
05-23-2007, 05:26 PM

lol shut the fuck up please.
did you not see the manager even come in and check the register?

how the hell are you going to say anything to defend that dirtbag of a cop?

Jin
05-24-2007, 02:47 AM
lol shut the fuck up please.
did you not see the manager even come in and check the register?

how the hell are you going to say anything to defend that dirtbag of a cop?

Shut the fuck up?

Obviously your juvenile mind has yet to comprehend that in life, people will have views that conflict with what you think is right. If you cant have a mature, adult conversation, hit the back button on your browser and go look at funny pictures of cats because I'm trying to keep it civilized. kthxbye

First off, I'm not saying the officer was right. Lets get that out of the way for the second time since my post above was unclear. Once again I am not condoning what he did.

Next, all I wanted to say was the way the the female handled the situation wasn't the best way to go at it.

Lets look at facts that anyone can see by watching the video.

1) She was asked to step out to the vehicle. At this point he did not say she was under arrest. It is protocol for an officer to get to a safe and comfortable area before he starts letting his guard down. She did not comply.

2) She was told that she would be pepper sprayed if she didn't comply with his orders. Once again, she was told before hand, before the pepper spray was even taken out. At this point, most people would probably think, "Holy shit, 10 million scovilles in a can. I'd better not fuck around." When she refused a second time, thats when she took it from a simple questioning, to a resisting.

Those are facts. Anyone can agree that that is what happened because it is blatantly apparent on video.

Yes, pepper spray was excessive. She was a smaller frame and could have easily been cuffed and taken out. Officer discretion states that pepper spray can be used to help subdue an unruly suspect once a fair warning is given.

Everyones just hung up on the fact that the officer was wrong. Yes, he was wrong and he did give her a 10 instead of a 20, but the way she handled it took a misunderstanding and escalated it to a problem.

Nomad!
05-24-2007, 06:36 AM
Lets look at facts that anyone can see by watching the video.

1) She was asked to step out to the vehicle. At this point he did not say she was under arrest. It is protocol for an officer to get to a safe and comfortable area before he starts letting his guard down. She did not comply.

2) She was told that she would be pepper sprayed if she didn't comply with his orders. Once again, she was told before hand, before the pepper spray was even taken out. At this point, most people would probably think, "Holy shit, 10 million scovilles in a can. I'd better not fuck around." When she refused a second time, thats when she took it from a simple questioning, to a resisting.

Those are facts. Anyone can agree that that is what happened because it is blatantly apparent on video.

Yes, pepper spray was excessive. She was a smaller frame and could have easily been cuffed and taken out. Officer discretion states that pepper spray can be used to help subdue an unruly suspect once a fair warning is given.

Everyones just hung up on the fact that the officer was wrong. Yes, he was wrong and he did give her a 10 instead of a 20, but the way she handled it took a misunderstanding and escalated it to a problem.

The problem I have with this comment/situation is the fact that the officer is the one to be held to a higher standard & code of conduct, not the under aged girl working the drive through. He felt that she had taken his $20 but the manager let him know that there wasn't a $20 in the register. At that point, if he still felt he was beging ripped off, as Jaimecbr900 said, he could have watched the same video we all watched in order to clear up any remaining suspicions. This could have been easily handled especially since an acting manager was on site. From what I saw in the video, the manager seemed to be pretty level headed & this entire situation could have been handled & resolved between the cop & the manager. This appears to be a not too uncommon case where a police officer flexed unnecessary muscle.

...and...the officer didn't just ask the girl to step outside. He said "You're under arrest, you come with me!" Regardless of how ignorant the girl may have acted, she didn't do anything to warrant an arrest. I don't know about you but, I love my freedom & I'm not too willing to give it up, especially if I hadn't done anything wrong.

This cop should have been fired in my opinion. If a $20 misunderstanding prompted him to pepper spray a girl at a drive through, I'd hate to see what he would do if he stopped someone on the street and mistook their cell phone for a handgun. Being a police officer is a very tough job. You put your life on the line everyday but, you also have the lives of others in your hands at any given moment. If you can't treat them both the same, you should find another line of work.

koukis14
05-24-2007, 12:45 PM
I have much respect for cops but like all professions there are bad ones. That guy is an idiot and should not have a badge.

It pisses me off that people blatantly hate all cops because they have gotton busted, or know someone that got busted doing illegal shit. THEY ARE DOING THIER JOB.

That guy did not do his job, he had no proof that she took the money. He in fact had proof that she did not take the money but ignored it because she was black and had an attitude.

Mik2006
05-24-2007, 01:43 PM
^ true

Jin
05-24-2007, 02:09 PM
It pisses me off that people blatantly hate all cops because they have gotton busted, or know someone that got busted doing illegal shit. THEY ARE DOING THIER JOB.

Perfectly put.

GSRtegŪ
05-24-2007, 03:50 PM
True, but even the manager said she didnt have no twenties and the camera also. Cop was just mad bc he thought he was right and since hes a cop he used it to his adventage thats all.

Jin
05-24-2007, 10:52 PM
True, but even the manager said she didnt have no twenties and the camera also. Cop was just mad bc he thought he was right and since hes a cop he used it to his adventage thats all.

Everyones missing the fact that the cop didnt know that there werent any twentys in the register. Having a manager say there isnt a 20 in the register just leads him to believe that she pocketed it. Its easy for people watching the video to make judgements but of course we can obviously see that he was wrong. In his mind he was sure he gave her a 20. All I'm saying is that he girl didnt give him the opportunity to prove that he was wrong.

Put yourself in his shoes. I know most of you wouldnt have taken it to a pepper spraying but tell me if you were, in your mind, 100% sure that you gave the girl a 20, her yelling at you talking about how shes not afraid of you isnt gonna make that suspicion disappear. She already had her mind made up about the police officer and about how she wasn't going to comply because she hates cops. All i'm saying is that everyone can agree that officer didnt handle it the best way, but why isn't the girl under fire for that whole fit.

coolcat
05-24-2007, 11:41 PM
damn thats some pussy ass shit for 60,000 dollars.

GSRtegŪ
05-24-2007, 11:59 PM
Yea, but you know when you give someone any form of power they use it. I mean put yourself in that situation too now. If you had that kind of power you know you use it too. Im not saying that every single cop is bad or corrupt, but they do take there badge a little to there head sometimes.

Everyones missing the fact that the cop didnt know that there werent any twentys in the register. Having a manager say there isnt a 20 in the register just leads him to believe that she pocketed it. Its easy for people watching the video to make judgements but of course we can obviously see that he was wrong. In his mind he was sure he gave her a 20. All I'm saying is that he girl didnt give him the opportunity to prove that he was wrong.

Put yourself in his shoes. I know most of you wouldnt have taken it to a pepper spraying but tell me if you were, in your mind, 100% sure that you gave the girl a 20, her yelling at you talking about how shes not afraid of you isnt gonna make that suspicion disappear. She already had her mind made up about the police officer and about how she wasn't going to comply because she hates cops. All i'm saying is that everyone can agree that officer didnt handle it the best way, but why isn't the girl under fire for that whole fit.

GSRtegŪ
05-25-2007, 12:03 AM
True that! :yes:
Well, then you've not been reading the threads correctly. QD and I, along with a handful of others, do come in and sprinkle some sanity and common sense to the all too often "cop bashing" threads. As a matter of fact, we just had an incident this week with a noob that was acting like a retard about cops. Several dumbass threads about it in fact.

So believe me, under normal circumstances I'd whole heartedly agree with you. In this case, even if she acted all ghetto, she didn't deserve what she got. He was wrong. I'd love to say he wasn't, but he was. Even if she yelled and cussed, it all was precipitated by his actions. She showed no class at all, but he was still far worse.