PDA

View Full Version : Steps to polish rims!

GSRtegŪ
05-22-2007, 08:42 PM
Ok, like the title says need steps and material ill need to polish thanks.

DrunkScotsman
05-23-2007, 07:16 AM
pm thinkskater , tell em i sent ya

twinj
05-23-2007, 07:45 AM
Either him or Ejallmota(I think thats how you spell it) Then it is a forum on honda tech.com too you might want to check out.

twinj
05-23-2007, 07:46 AM
(I COPYED AND PASTED FROM H/T.COM)

Things you'll need.
Gloves - buy a 100 pack at the drug store, if you dont use gloves get ready to have black hands for a week.
Sandpaper 150*, 220, 320, 400, 600, 800, 1500
2 cans of mothers polish
6" Buffer
Small palm sander
A few rolls of that blue paper towel stuff from canadian tire..

* Be carefull with 150 grit..use only to sand down curb scrapes or really bad areas.. you'll need to speed 3 x time with 220 grit to get rid of the sanding marks that the 150 will leave behined.
Step 1: strip rims with heavy duty paint stripper - follow the instructions exactly, do not do it on a humid or cold day or expect to do it agian!
SKIP TO STEP 4-8 if rims are smooth after stripping - use your own judgement. Sir rims and many other OEM rims have concentric machined rings that need to be sanded off so you need to start off with 220 grit
Step 2: Sand down with 220 BY HAND use a wood block for flat parts. take your time and make sure you dont see anything but the sanding marks that the 220 will leave behined. I sand dry with 220. this step will take the most time! do a good job.
Step 3:
Use 320 with the palm sander along with lots of water.
Palm sand as much as the rim as you can but be carefull not to let the sanders lip hit anything! let the sander to the sanding and use lots of water.
clean with clean rags and water.
hand sand areas you cant get at with the palm sander
sand again with the palm sander and fresh sand paper.
Step 4: (same as step 3 with 400 grit)
Step 5: (same as step 3 with 600 grit)
Step 6: Hand sand with 800 grit - take your time and get everything! I used this maroon colored paper from home hardware - it didn't last long using lots of water but it worked so well. buy 4 sheets

william_jeff
05-23-2007, 07:54 AM
team-integra.net has an article with pics on this

Asshole
05-23-2007, 08:07 AM
why would anyone want rims from Poland??????

speedminded
05-23-2007, 08:53 AM
why would anyone want rims from Poland??????lol +1 :goodjob:

GSRtegŪ
05-23-2007, 11:07 AM
Thanks!

(I COPYED AND PASTED FROM H/T.COM)

Things you'll need.
Gloves - buy a 100 pack at the drug store, if you dont use gloves get ready to have black hands for a week.
Sandpaper 150*, 220, 320, 400, 600, 800, 1500
2 cans of mothers polish
6" Buffer
Small palm sander
A few rolls of that blue paper towel stuff from canadian tire..

* Be carefull with 150 grit..use only to sand down curb scrapes or really bad areas.. you'll need to speed 3 x time with 220 grit to get rid of the sanding marks that the 150 will leave behined.
Step 1: strip rims with heavy duty paint stripper - follow the instructions exactly, do not do it on a humid or cold day or expect to do it agian!
SKIP TO STEP 4-8 if rims are smooth after stripping - use your own judgement. Sir rims and many other OEM rims have concentric machined rings that need to be sanded off so you need to start off with 220 grit
Step 2: Sand down with 220 BY HAND use a wood block for flat parts. take your time and make sure you dont see anything but the sanding marks that the 220 will leave behined. I sand dry with 220. this step will take the most time! do a good job.
Step 3:
Use 320 with the palm sander along with lots of water.
Palm sand as much as the rim as you can but be carefull not to let the sanders lip hit anything! let the sander to the sanding and use lots of water.
clean with clean rags and water.
hand sand areas you cant get at with the palm sander
sand again with the palm sander and fresh sand paper.
Step 4: (same as step 3 with 400 grit)
Step 5: (same as step 3 with 600 grit)
Step 6: Hand sand with 800 grit - take your time and get everything! I used this maroon colored paper from home hardware - it didn't last long using lots of water but it worked so well. buy 4 sheets