PDA

View Full Version : Misc Any IA Paddlers? (Kayak)

Princess12
05-22-2007, 07:46 PM
Just wondering if there are any other Kayakers on IA? Rick and I, along with a friend of ours, are planning on taking a day trip probably down the Chattahoochee Sunday afternoon. Anyone who would like to join is more than welcome.

Novacaine
05-22-2007, 08:29 PM
Haven't really done any Kayaking but it's on my list of things to do. Love to go white water rafting though and hopefully I'll be doing that soon as well.

The BUCKY
05-22-2007, 08:32 PM
i would go but expecting my first born this week. i love to paddle. shame i havent been in about a yr

rickgiblin
05-22-2007, 08:37 PM
hey, we'll were just getting into it, im sure were going to be going alot and ould like for you to join... it would be sweet to get about 10 people all to go down somewhere

Princess12
05-22-2007, 08:43 PM
i would go but expecting my first born this week. i love to paddle. shame i havent been in about a yr

Well Congratulations that must be exciting!!! Like Rick said, we're just getting into it, and I'm sure we'll be planning weekend trips all summer. We don't know many people who are into it, so we're always looking for new paddlers to join in. Let us know if you want to go sometime. I think we're going to put in at Buford Dam and make the 17 mile trip to Medlock Bridge this time.

The BUCKY
05-22-2007, 08:46 PM
i paddled 19 miles down a slow moving creek once that was rough

i dont have my own boat anymore anyways. sold it to my buddy to take with him to colorado

Princess12
05-22-2007, 09:00 PM
Well... if you ever want to get back into it, please let us know. We would really love to paddle out with you sometime. We're always looking for new people to join in.

Novacaine
05-22-2007, 09:55 PM
Do you guys have boats available for use? I'd love to start getting into it but dont know where to start. Always been something that has intrigued me.

rickgiblin
05-23-2007, 05:00 PM
we just started... go to dick's at the mall of ga.. they're on sale rite now, we just bought our on monday

Princess12
06-01-2007, 04:45 PM
UPDATE for anyone interested: We will be paddling down Broad River on Sunday. Possibly a 10+ mile trip lasting upwards of 6 hours. Class II rapids!!!!

Princess12
07-31-2007, 02:35 PM
Boats up for sale for anyone interested!!!!

Ran
07-31-2007, 04:04 PM
lol, tried it and stopped?

I've been rafting a few times, but never kayaking. Sounds fun.

Princess12
07-31-2007, 04:05 PM
lol, tried it and stopped?

I've been rafting a few times, but never kayaking. Sounds fun.

Lol, not quite. We love it, but we're in need of some cash right now.

Ran
07-31-2007, 04:09 PM
I know the feeling. Post it up in the Garage Sale section if you haven't done so already. Good luck.

Princess12
07-31-2007, 04:13 PM
Yeah I did.... just thought maybe this would catch some of the paddlers! Thank you!

Protege79
08-03-2007, 11:15 AM
A 10 mile paddling trip w/ rapids??? Your upper body must be ripped! I tried a 10 minute paddle up at Cape Cod and got sucked out to sea...it was classic! :D

These rivers up in GA are a far cry from the slow moving ones I used to canoe down in FL. They drop you off 8 miles North and you just float downstream, pull off to the side when you wanna drink your beers, and then follow the big signs to the dock where you parked. Don't think it works that way with kayaking. It's more of an extreme sport, right?

While vacationing in Elijay, my hubby thought it'd be funny to take our blowup raft and ride over this little set of falls that all the kayakers were getting out & walking around. Well he got sucked over backwards and the huge tree branch that the kayakers knew was submerged SMASHED him in the chest and sent him swirling down river. I have it on video...also classic! :D

Have fun though, should be a hott one! :sunshine:

speedminded
08-03-2007, 01:49 PM
I prefer whips! :D

A 10 mile paddling trip w/ rapids??? Your upper body must be ripped! I tried a 10 minute paddle up at Cape Cod and got sucked out to sea...it was classic! :D

These rivers up in GA are a far cry from the slow moving ones I used to canoe down in FL. They drop you off 8 miles North and you just float downstream, pull off to the side when you wanna drink your beers, and then follow the big signs to the dock where you parked. Don't think it works that way with kayaking. It's more of an extreme sport, right?

While vacationing in Elijay, my hubby thought it'd be funny to take our blowup raft and ride over this little set of falls that all the kayakers were getting out & walking around. Well he got sucked over backwards and the huge tree branch that the kayakers knew was submerged SMASHED him in the chest and sent him swirling down river. I have it on video...also classic! :D

Have fun though, should be a hott one! :sunshine:Ocean currents and waves is completely differant than paddling downstream in a river ;)