PDA

View Full Version : Misc Anyone here go to Knuckle Up?

Tracy
05-22-2007, 02:38 PM
I'm starting back today bitches! I missed it so much. I used to box for 3 years and I loved it (some of you might remember when I used to challenge everyone to box me:D). I stopped when we started traveling so much.

So who else goes and which one?

wantboost
05-22-2007, 02:38 PM
/raises hand/

Killer
05-22-2007, 02:41 PM
I'm starting back today bitches! I missed it so much. I used to box for 3 years and I loved it (some of you might remember when I used to challenge everyone to box me:D). I stopped when we started traveling so much.

one of my neighbors goes... i think he signed up awhile back.. but i never got his screen name.. real name is raphael i believe...

Tracy
05-22-2007, 02:42 PM
/raises hand/

which one?

Friggintitsman
05-22-2007, 02:43 PM
same here

I go to all the classes I actually have time for

Friggintitsman
05-22-2007, 02:44 PM
one of my neighbors goes... i think he signed up awhile back.. but i never got his screen name.. real name is raphael i believe...

Raphael is a BJJ trainer at knuckle up

2.0civic
05-22-2007, 02:55 PM
As soon as i get back in more competitive shape (aka drop about 15 more pounds) im going to try to start at the duluth location

Killer
05-22-2007, 02:57 PM
Raphael is a BJJ trainer at knuckle up

seriously??? this dude lives in marietta... i think he's italian.. real nice guy.. drives a black teggy...

i've never really talked to him about it...

Friggintitsman
As soon as i get back in more competitive shape (aka drop about 15 more pounds) im going to try to start at the duluth location

Joining the gym would be the first step at helping you get to that goal.

chnco
I know people that work there. . . . .

Tracy
05-22-2007, 03:01 PM
I know people that work there. . . . .

No shit ho! John Trent came over today. He asked about you, fag.

Friggintitsman
seriously??? this dude lives in marietta... i think he's italian.. real nice guy.. drives a black teggy...

i've never really talked to him about it...

Italian? LOL

Nah man he is Brazilian. He used to drive a teg, but sold it a while back. I had it up for sale on here a while back.
He actually has a fight coming up on june 2nd at Cowboys.

2.0civic
Joining the gym would be the first step at helping you get to that goal.

I already have a work out partner that im staying with for a bit til i get this water weight back off. I dont want to get down there and look like a tool lol:goodjob:

Killer
05-22-2007, 03:04 PM
Italian? LOL

Nah man he is Brazilian. He used to drive a teg, but sold it a while back. I had it up for sale on here a while back.
He actually has a fight coming up on june 2nd at Cowboys.

well, i got that because i thought some of my other neihbors were italian.. and they were all speaking... well what i thought was italian! and his name is raphael! lol.... my bad...

that's bad, i'll ask him about it next time i see him out.. that'd be unreal to go watch.

and he still is driving a black teg from what i have seen.. he's got a friend with a purple(maybe 350 z) and another with a red ej.... but unless i'm mistaken i've seen him in the teg recently...

Killer
05-22-2007, 03:05 PM
crap i'll be out of town the 2nd :(

Friggintitsman
05-22-2007, 03:05 PM
I already have a work out partner that im staying with for a bit til i get this water weight back off. I dont want to get down there and look like a tool lol:goodjob:

You should check out the low carb diet. I was working out costantly at the gym and didn't lose a pound. When I got on that diet I dropped 15 pounds in about a month.

Trust me unless you have ever had any martial arts experience you will most likely look like a tool no matter what you do

Tracy
05-22-2007, 03:09 PM
Don't worry about looking like a tool. Most people do anyways. Just take the kick boxing class. It's a big group and no one is looking at you. I like boxing, that's usually a smaller more intimate group of people. Either way, it's an amazing work out and fun. You will lose weight fast as hell. That's why I like it so much, that and I'm a really competitive person the the class environment make me push harder than if I trained alone.

Friggintitsman
well, i got that because i thought some of my other neihbors were italian.. and they were all speaking... well what i thought was italian! and his name is raphael! lol.... my bad...

that's bad, i'll ask him about it next time i see him out.. that'd be unreal to go watch.

and he still is driving a black teg from what i have seen.. he's got a friend with a purple(maybe 350 z) and another with a red ej.... but unless i'm mistaken i've seen him in the teg recently...

Hmm maybe he didn't sell it. I figured he did when I saw some white dude driving it the other day. I haven't seen it around the gym either.

I can understand how Portugeese can sound like Italian, understandable mistake.

2.0civic
You should check out the low carb diet. I was working out costantly at the gym and didn't lose a pound. When I got on that diet I dropped 15 pounds in about a month.

Trust me unless you have ever had any martial arts experience you will most likely look like a tool no matter what you do

Wrestled for 6 years and got a brown belt in karate. Not claiming to be brilliant but do have a little experience

Friggintitsman
05-22-2007, 03:10 PM
Don't worry about looking like a tool. Most people do anyways. Just take the kick boxing class. It's a big group and no one is looking at you. I like boxing, that's usually a smaller more intimate group of people. Either way, it's an amazing work out and fun. You will lose weight fast as hell. That's why I like it so much, that and I'm a really competitive person the the class environment make me push harder than if I trained alone.

Do you ever train under Matt or Merhav?

Lucky DAWG
05-22-2007, 03:12 PM
i don't but my friend does
i'd love to learn to box... i go the gym on the daily and am on a football training workout right now. BUT its simply to get bigger and involves no training for an actual sport.

i would really like to start getting more endurance and agility by doing the boxing, not to mention learn to take down someone in a rough spot

Psycho
05-22-2007, 03:12 PM

Is it just boxing classes, or is it a gym as well?

Killer
05-22-2007, 03:13 PM

oh really, bom chica wao wao!!

Friggintitsman
05-22-2007, 03:13 PM
Wrestled for 6 years and got a brown belt in karate. Not claiming to be brilliant but do have a little experience

You should be fine then, like I said try the low carb thing you should shed the pounds quick.

Friggintitsman
05-22-2007, 03:15 PM
Is it just boxing classes, or is it a gym as well?

Full gym +

Muay Thai, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Boxing, Kickboxing, and Kali

Lucky DAWG
05-22-2007, 03:15 PM
You should be fine then, like I said try the low carb thing you should shed the pounds quick.

problem with low carbs is that you have no energy
thats no good on high strain workouts.

just eat lean foods like chicken and pasta
and work it all off. Gaining weight isn't a bad thing, gaining fat is

Tracy
05-22-2007, 03:17 PM
I don't know of the 2 guys you mentioned. I went back in the day. I stopped last march after 3 years. Today is going to be my first day back since then. I used to train in the Midtown location only, so I have only been to that one so far.

Psycho
05-22-2007, 03:19 PM
Full gym +

Muay Thai, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Boxing, Kickboxing, and Kali
Oh shit, I just might have to get a membership

Friggintitsman
05-22-2007, 03:20 PM
problem with low carbs is that you have no energy
thats no good on high strain workouts.

just eat lean foods like chicken and pasta
and work it all off. Gaining weight isn't a bad thing, gaining fat is

I didn't have that problem at all. I'm usually a pretty energetic person though. Even with the low carb this I didn't notice even the slightest level of energy decrease.

Friggintitsman
05-22-2007, 03:23 PM
I don't know of the 2 guys you mentioned. I went back in the day. I stopped last march after 3 years. Today is going to be my first day back since then. I used to train in the Midtown location only, so I have only been to that one so far.

A few of my friends go to the Midtown location, I am waiting for the one in Alpharetta to open so I can go there.

Tracy
05-22-2007, 03:28 PM
I'm going to woodstock today. I'll prolly do midtown (I live in midtown) or Kennesaw (shop in marietta).

Friggintitsman
05-22-2007, 03:31 PM
I'm going to woodstock today. I'll prolly do midtown (I live in midtown) or Kennesaw (shop in marietta).

Cool good luck

If you ever go to the Sandy Springs location you will probably see me around.

Lucky DAWG
05-22-2007, 08:30 PM
I didn't have that problem at all. I'm usually a pretty energetic person though. Even with the low carb this I didn't notice even the slightest level of energy decrease.

then that means you were substituting it with something else like sugars.

anatomically, it doesn't make sense
less carbs means less energy if not substituted with another nutrient

Lucky DAWG
05-22-2007, 08:31 PM
how much is membership btw
and do they have locations outside of Atlanta? say Columbia, South Carolina

Tracy
05-22-2007, 08:38 PM
www.knuckleupfitness.com I know they just opened one up out of state but not sure where. BTW, I just got back from class and I almost puked! It's crazy how fast you can get out of shape if you don't stick with it. I used to take 3 classes a day (each 1 hour) andf then lift weights for an hour 6 days a week. I did that because I didn't feel the burn unless I did 4 hours a day. The first 15 minutes today ad I almost fell out!

Lucky DAWG
05-22-2007, 08:52 PM
yea i was scoping the site just a second ago
didn't find anything though about out of state gym.

i'm leaving in august so it would be pointless for me to get a membership there now. if i find something of similarity where i'm going i'll sign up. for now i guess i'm going to continue to go to my gym and just keep on building muscle mass.

i'll def try the free one week trial though at some point this summer, which one of the fighting styles is a fun one to do for a week

The Ren
05-22-2007, 09:02 PM
i would love to go.. do they have weekend classes? Might take some of my anger out

blare
05-22-2007, 10:23 PM
I've have been thinking about this, but can't find a price on membership anywhere. How much are y'all paying a month?

disrupt
05-23-2007, 03:44 AM
I've have been thinking about this, but can't find a price on membership anywhere. How much are y'all paying a month?
$100 start-up if you sign up the day you take a freebie class, $200 otherwise
then it breaks down by contracts and sports
the only one i know is muay thai, and that's $79/month for a 2 year, $69/month for a 3 year, and they take $10 off per month if you're a student(and brought a valid student ID)

HundoŽ
05-23-2007, 05:21 AM
EH.. second rate gym.. it's like the Bally Total fitness of Martial Arts..

They do seem to put out some pretty good stand up fighters though.. i guess cause it's so popular.. if you want to take something like BJJ Alliance is a much better gym for that.

Rican219
05-23-2007, 06:29 AM
Knuckle Up blows Horse Balls

http://www.unit2fitness.com/dnn/FightTeam/tabid/61/Default.aspx

Unit 2 Fitness Roberto Traven FTW!

Or at Least go to Alliance

Friggintitsman
05-23-2007, 06:31 AM
then that means you were substituting it with something else like sugars.

anatomically, it doesn't make sense
less carbs means less energy if not substituted with another nutrient

Negative

you need to do a little more research on it. Sugars are carbs, it's low carb not no carb as well. In the low carb diet you are given a number of "low glycemic" carbs you can intake per day. Follow that regimine and you will have no problem.

Friggintitsman
05-23-2007, 06:36 AM
Knuckle Up blows Horse Balls

http://www.unit2fitness.com/dnn/FightTeam/tabid/61/Default.aspx

Unit 2 Fitness Roberto Traven FTW!

Or at Least go to Alliance

How is unit 2 doing now that Raphael and Junior left?

Those knocking on Knuckle up I ask you. How many fighter from aliance have made it into UFC or IFL?

Knuckle up has 2 in UFC (Junior and Diego) and 1 in IFL (James). Plus Khupon is world renowned Muay Thai fighter. He has over 200 fights with 80-90% win rate.

Rican219
05-23-2007, 06:40 AM

Those knocking on Knuckle up I ask you. How many fighter from aliance have made it into UFC or IFL?

Knuckle up has 2 in UFC (Junior and Diego) and 1 in IFL (James). Plus Khupon is world renowned Muay Thai fighter. He has over 200 fights with 80-90% win rate.

True But you can only learn so much for a purple belt instructor.

Heard to many horror stories about Knuckle up. I have seen Many kunckle up fighters loose in local fights (like Wild Bills) But there are a few with talent.

With a little skill sponsers and money and the right chance anyone can make it there look at Hardcore Gym in Athens and Forrest Griffin.

It's all good though bro. :goodjob:

Friggintitsman
05-23-2007, 06:52 AM
True But you can only learn so much for a purple belt instructor.

Heard to many horror stories about Knuckle up. I have seen Many kunckle up fighters loose in local fights (like Wild Bills) But there are a few with talent.

With a little skill sponsers and money and the right chance anyone can make it there look at Hardcore Gym in Athens and Forrest Griffin.

It's all good though bro. :goodjob:

Indeed I have heard that Forrest's gym is pretty good. Purple belt is more than I have so I will learn what I can ya know?

I figured I would be more BJJ oriented with my background, but I am actually much better at Muay Thai and Kali than anything. Kind of odd how that works out.

Rican219
05-23-2007, 06:54 AM
Indeed I have heard that Forrest's gym is pretty good. Purple belt is more than I have so I will learn what I can ya know?

I figured I would be more BJJ oriented with my background, but I am actually much better at Muay Thai and Kali than anything. Kind of odd how that works out.

You ever talk to Kayfunk on this site drives the Nismo 350z? He has done MT for a long while.

Friggintitsman
05-23-2007, 06:56 AM
You ever talk to Kayfunk on this site drives the Nismo 350z? He has done MT for a long while.

Nah does he go to Knuckle up? There are a couple Nismo 350's at my gym

Rican219
05-23-2007, 07:00 AM
Nah does he go to Knuckle up? There are a couple Nismo 350's at my gym

No I think he is at Alliance with Jacare

Friggintitsman
05-23-2007, 07:05 AM

Cool I am live way out in BFE (Dawsonville) so and I'm trying to find some people to spar with. Everyone I know only wants to box. Plus they all have tight schedules like I do. Friggin sucks man.

HundoŽ
05-23-2007, 07:06 AM

alliance's muay thai instructor is world renowned, winning world and thai championships.

As far as BJJ, they sweep almost every competition they attend.

The muay thai fighters at Alliance are all older and not interested in competing.

Friggintitsman
05-23-2007, 07:11 AM
alliance's muay thai instructor is world renowned, winning world and thai championships.

As far as BJJ, they sweep almost every competition they attend.

The muay thai fighters at Alliance are all older and not interested in competing.

Same goes for knukle up.
I have heard that, but not followed up on checking the truth behind the rumor. No doubt in my mind they are a good gym.

I went to knuclke up because they offer more I was interested in, it's much closer, and my friends go there.

HundoŽ
05-23-2007, 07:12 AM

i Train BJJ at alliance, i did muay thai for 7 years at a completely different place... i think im going to fully go back to muay thai after about a year of BJJ, i just want my ground game to be good enough to get out and keep out of whatever comes my way and be able to get up.

HundoŽ
05-23-2007, 07:16 AM
Same goes for knukle up.
I have heard that, but not followed up on checking the truth behind the rumor. No doubt in my mind they are a good gym.

I went to knuclke up because they offer more I was interested in, it's much closer, and my friends go there.

yea, i did do my research he's nasty :p, knuckle up is like a the buddies gym, it's got a TON of members and many locations, it's a fun thing to do with friends, and it's much cheaper than alliance.. about $50 ;p, but like i said, all the instructors there are not as well trained.. so you can only learn so much.. it's a good exersice though im sure, and you'll learn some self defense.

Friggintitsman
05-23-2007, 07:18 AM
i Train BJJ at alliance, i did muay thai for 7 years at a completely different place... i think im going to fully go back to muay thai after about a year of BJJ, i just want my ground game to be good enough to get out and keep out of whatever comes my way and be able to get up.

Smart man,
I'm not really into submission just sweeps and defense on the ground. I would rather ground and pound the hell out of someone than submitt. This does not mean I wouldn't submitt I just prefer beating the snot out of a person. At this point in my life I have no desire to compete. I have prior military injuries that would prevent me from or at least would not be wise to compete. I just do it for my own accord and love of the sport.

HundoŽ
05-23-2007, 07:23 AM
Smart man,
I'm not really into submission just sweeps and defense on the ground. I would rather ground and pound the hell out of someone than submitt. This does not mean I wouldn't submitt I just prefer beating the snot out of a person. At this point in my life I have no desire to compete. I have prior military injuries that would prevent me from or at least would not be wise to compete. I just do it for my own accord and love of the sport.

yea, i did Muay thai for the longest and went to MMA and got rolled by some kid who knew BJJ :[, so once i learn how to avoid all their trickery im going back to kicking people in the face with the fat of my shin :]

Friggintitsman
05-23-2007, 07:25 AM
yea, i did Muay thai for the longest and went to MMA and got rolled by some kid who knew BJJ :[, so once i learn how to avoid all their trickery im going back to kicking people in the face with the fat of my shin :]

I think you can learn most of what there is to know about Muay Thai in a few years. BJJ on the other hand takes many years. I like to mix Kali into it because it combines both and I get to use weapons. You can always use the same moves in Kali without weapons as well. It's kind of like Krav Maga

HundoŽ
05-23-2007, 07:35 AM
I think you can learn most of what there is to know about Muay Thai in a few years. BJJ on the other hand takes many years. I like to mix Kali into it because it combines both and I get to use weapons. You can always use the same moves in Kali without weapons as well. It's kind of like Krav Maga

you can learn alot from muay tha in a year or 2.. but you dont know how deadly it can be until you've trained for a very very long time, after you master technique it's all about striking the proper places and when to strike, the more you train the easier it is to one hit your opponent.. even the best of opponents.

Friggintitsman
05-23-2007, 07:40 AM
you can learn alot from muay tha in a year or 2.. but you dont know how deadly it can be until you've trained for a very very long time, after you master technique it's all about striking the proper places and when to strike, the more you train the easier it is to one hit your opponent.. even the best of opponents.

True
A lot of the places I saw people get hit I.E. Elbow to the top of the head or base of the skull, underarm didn't make sense until I was struck there or saw someone else get hit there. A few of my friend have trained in Wing chun and are teaching me some of their moves. I'm king of excited about the 2 inch punch. My goal is to take a lil bit of everything and use it to my advantage.

HundoŽ
05-23-2007, 07:50 AM
True
A lot of the places I saw people get hit I.E. Elbow to the top of the head or base of the skull, underarm didn't make sense until I was struck there or saw someone else get hit there. A few of my friend have trained in Wing chun and are teaching me some of their moves. I'm king of excited about the 2 inch punch. My goal is to take a lil bit of everything and use it to my advantage.

yea, you'd be suprised how deadly a downward elbow to the top of someones head is.. so many quick ways to end a fight with muay thai, especially on a boxer or someone who tries to keep their distance to strike, people who try to move in close the distance and take you down, you have to have perfect timing and hit just the right spot or you're virtually fucked.

Friggintitsman
05-23-2007, 08:58 AM
yea, you'd be suprised how deadly a downward elbow to the top of someones head is.. so many quick ways to end a fight with muay thai, especially on a boxer or someone who tries to keep their distance to strike, people who try to move in close the distance and take you down, you have to have perfect timing and hit just the right spot or you're virtually fucked.

Yeah I have been watching a lot of Muay Boran videos and I must say I am quite impressed with the style. This is why I like Muay Thai and Kali so much. Both teach you to move in to the strikes instead of backing away. It's a bit difficult to get use to in the beginning stages due to taking the hit most of the time. Then when you learn to defend them you have a pretty good advantage on your opponent. This is one reason why I want to learn a few wing chun moves. It is another extreme close combat fighting style.

SL33P3R
05-23-2007, 09:13 AM
I train BJJ at the one in Douglasville. Used to train at the Roswell Rd. one and Midtown. But the new Douglasville one is 2 min from my house :)

Friggintitsman
05-23-2007, 10:33 AM
I train BJJ at the one in Douglasville. Used to train at the Roswell Rd. one and Midtown. But the new Douglasville one is 2 min from my house :)

Haven't been there, but I heard it was pretty big.

Glides
05-23-2007, 10:36 AM
My good friend is GM of the new one in Sandy Springs. Nice place.

SL33P3R
05-23-2007, 11:27 AM
Haven't been there, but I heard it was pretty big.

Nah its not very big. RIght now its a temporary building. They will start building the BIG one soon I belive. Im not sure when

Ericp
05-23-2007, 11:32 AM
I wish there were more good gyms here on the southside. I went to one gym down here for a little while but found out pretty quick that it wasn't any good. I can't drive an hour every day to go train, I just don't have the time :no:

Friggintitsman
05-23-2007, 12:33 PM
Nah its not very big. RIght now its a temporary building. They will start building the BIG one soon I belive. Im not sure when

Cool,
I am still waiting for Alpharetta to open. It should have been open since November, but something about construction is delaying it.

Tracy
05-23-2007, 01:24 PM
I go for exercise :) Not because I want to kill someone in the ring. I would agree there is prolly onlu so much you can learn there if you are looking for more than exercise. I've been going to Knuckle Up for years (since they were LA Boxing) and I have had my issues with them in the past. I have done research on what I am looking for and in the end what they have going on suits me the best. They also have several locations which works good for me. Sometimes I have to workout after the shop and sometimes I workout when I'm close to home.

Incomplete057
05-23-2007, 02:02 PM
I just signed up for kickboxing membership at Sandy Springs...... last week was first time Ive been to a gym in bout 2 years....that one 50 minute class "WHOOPED" my ass!!!!!

Friggintitsman
05-23-2007, 04:04 PM
I just signed up for kickboxing membership at Sandy Springs...... last week was first time Ive been to a gym in bout 2 years....that one 50 minute class "WHOOPED" my ass!!!!!

Who was your instructor?

cactusEG
05-23-2007, 05:09 PM

i use to box back when i was in high school.. from 9-12 and even after i got out.. but now i dont do it ask much but i still love the sport... :yes:

Incomplete057
05-23-2007, 06:57 PM
Who was your instructor?

I think it was phillip,..... short young lookin white guy.......

Friggintitsman
05-23-2007, 07:52 PM
I think it was phillip,..... short young lookin white guy.......

Yup that is Phillip he is a cool guy.

{X}Echo419
06-24-2007, 05:58 PM

I've been wanting to check the 1 out by my house(Plesant Hill)since my trainer moved but I heard(just a rumor) that they were kinda asses there.
I just HEARD I'm not saying it's true :goodjob:

quickdodgeŽ
06-24-2007, 07:57 PM
I go to this real swank belt shop every now and then. It's called Buckle Up. Later, QD.

Tracy
06-24-2007, 07:58 PM
I've been wanting to check the 1 out by my house(Plesant Hill)since my trainer moved but I heard(just a rumor) that they were kinda asses there.
I just HEARD I'm not saying it's true :goodjob:

They can be asses. Like I said, I have been going for on and off for like 4 years and I know all too well about what you have heard. I go for the exercise and they have what I like as far as that goes.

The Ren
06-25-2007, 05:24 AM
If It were closer I'd so go.. but my membership with golds is too good right now.. because of the hook up with my job we all got hookups with the Ga Force... 19.99 per month (monthly contract) with golds

ridgeline_06
07-19-2007, 09:29 PM
I went today and even though Im ex military and stay in shape it kicked my butt. I goto the duluth one.

Humphrizzle
07-20-2007, 08:27 AM
I'm kinda training for UFC right now.. I'm a little big to get in the ring with you Tracy.

But if you still want to spar, I'm down.

ridgeline_06
07-20-2007, 09:09 AM
Im 6'1 and 210 lbs Im trying to get as much musle mass and stamina as I can. In the military I would run 2 miles in unber 10 mins and do over 100 pushups in 2 mins and over 100 situps in 2 mins. I was only 180 lbs then. Im trying to get back to that fitness level. I was told alst night I hit hard like a RHINO but my form is off.

Humphrizzle
07-20-2007, 09:19 AM
yeah i weigh 215 and want to weigh 200 and get a little bigger.

watch UFC and learn.

I train myself.

ridgeline_06
07-20-2007, 09:25 AM
Well I've hired one of their fighters to train me. Costly but it will be life changing.

Humphrizzle
07-20-2007, 10:01 AM
theres another way to go.

ridgeline_06
07-20-2007, 10:46 AM
Im going back tomorrow at 12:30

ridgeline_06
07-20-2007, 04:06 PM
How much do you guys pay? I think its gonna be $99 a month for me.

BigBoosting
07-20-2007, 04:33 PM
I go to the one in Sandy Springs

Tracy
07-20-2007, 06:41 PM
BTW, fuck Knuckle Up. I have been fucked ONCE AGAIN by them after trying to give them a chance.

ridgeline_06
07-20-2007, 07:05 PM
What happened?

wantboost
07-20-2007, 09:23 PM
yea what happened??? i used to train there 4 times a week and never had any problems.

Tracy
07-23-2007, 09:41 AM
yea what happened??? i used to train there 4 times a week and never had any problems.

I trained there for 3 years 6 days a week and had nothing but problems.

wantboost
07-23-2007, 01:47 PM
odd.... but then again i have really only dealt with the instructors.

Pinkgirl
07-23-2007, 02:03 PM
What kind of problems? and why would you do it for sooo long if all you had was problems?

Tracy
07-23-2007, 03:11 PM
What kind of problems? and why would you do it for sooo long if all you had was problems?

There is this thing that they have....called a contract ;) You make the best out of it once you are locked in. If I have to pay $79/month, I'm going to use it. I enjoyed the classes and the concept of the classes. I didn't enjoy the owners attitude and the constant inorganization. I didn't enjoy that they constantly changed class schedules and couldn't keep a trainer if their life depended on it. Once you found a class and instructor you liked...it changed. I didn't like that after going there for 3 years (3 months short of the end of my contract) I moved and as per my contract if it was 30 miles or more away from a training center you could be out of the contract and they wouldn't abide by that and continued to charge my card. I had to dispute it with the cc company for months until the bank finally sided with me once looking over my contract.

There's more that I don't feel the need to get into nor do I care all that much. Same ol' different day. I'm in the process of trying to work out my most recent problem with my new account. Some of it was my fault for giving someone who worked there cash to sign me up for an account at the shop....and now they don't work there anymore (as of my trip to LA). My account never made it into the system although I went for new classes for a month and it was "in the system" somehow for that time period. I take responsibility for giving up the cash and trusting that I would be handled. I went to the gym and they were all aware that this person had come to my shop to set me up with the account since they asked me about who I was the next day after "setting up the account". So now I have no account and I am out of my money.

BTW, where did you come from and did you sign up just to make this post? Do you work for them? I ask this because you didn't introduce yourself and on your 3rd post after a "boobs" and another 2 word post ask me a question about this with a rude undertone....which seems typical of knuckle up attitude.

wantboost
07-23-2007, 07:12 PM
There is this thing that they have....called a contract ;) You make the best out of it once you are locked in. If I have to pay $79/month, I'm going to use it. I enjoyed the classes and the concept of the classes. I didn't enjoy the owners attitude and the constant inorganization. I didn't enjoy that they constantly changed class schedules and couldn't keep a trainer if their life depended on it. Once you found a class and instructor you liked...it changed. I didn't like that after going there for 3 years (3 months short of the end of my contract) I moved and as per my contract if it was 30 miles or more away from a training center you could be out of the contract and they wouldn't abide by that and continued to charge my card. I had to dispute it with the cc company for months until the bank finally sided with me once looking over my contract.

There's more that I don't feel the need to get into nor do I care all that much. Same ol' different day. I'm in the process of trying to work out my most recent problem with my new account. Some of it was my fault for giving someone who worked there cash to sign me up for an account at the shop....and now they don't work there anymore (as of my trip to LA). My account never made it into the system although I went for new classes for a month and it was "in the system" somehow for that time period. I take responsibility for giving up the cash and trusting that I would be handled. I went to the gym and they were all aware that this person had come to my shop to set me up with the account since they asked me about who I was the next day after "setting up the account". So now I have no account and I am out of my money.

BTW, where did you come from and did you sign up just to make this post? Do you work for them? I ask this because you didn't introduce yourself and on your 3rd post after a "boobs" and another 2 word post ask me a question about this with a rude undertone....which seems typical of knuckle up attitude.
i see, the contract thing would piss me off also, and as for being able to keep instructors, i understand what you are talking about. One last question, did you go there for kickboxing/personal training. only reason i ask is those are the only classes i have no clue about.

Tracy
07-23-2007, 09:56 PM
i see, the contract thing would piss me off also, and as for being able to keep instructors, i understand what you are talking about. One last question, did you go there for kickboxing/personal training. only reason i ask is those are the only classes i have no clue about.

I took one PT class which was included in my contract..."one free PT class". It was fine. $70/hr so I never signed up for one that I had to pay for. I guess it prolly depends on the trainer you get.

DRFTR
07-24-2007, 12:30 PM
Tracy go to Tiger Academy...they always kick Knuckle Ups asses at the Fights...
-dave

SL33P3R
07-24-2007, 11:20 PM
-dave

sure about that?

TRDwasiq
07-25-2007, 01:40 AM
which one ?? one on pleasant hill??

DRFTR
07-25-2007, 06:57 PM
sure about that?

yep...you sure about yourself???
-dave

Tracy
07-25-2007, 07:03 PM
-dave

Thanks but it's too far for me.

DRFTR
07-25-2007, 09:05 PM
Thanks but it's too far for me.

they have several schools in the atlanta area...i'll post them up for you
-dave

SL33P3R
07-25-2007, 11:36 PM
yep...you sure about yourself???
-dave

Im pretty sure. 2 instructors from Knuckleup fight in the UFC, How many people from Tiger Academy fight in the UFC? Im not saying our amateur fighters are amazing, but we have some really good fighters that dont fight at cowboys or anywhere like that anymore, they are stepping up

Ive never really heard of Tiger Academy to be honest

CSquared
07-25-2007, 11:46 PM
What are the rates like? I've wanted to go there for few years now, but there is only so much you can door as a sorry as poor college student.

DRFTR
07-26-2007, 10:37 AM
Im pretty sure. 2 instructors from Knuckleup fight in the UFC, How many people from Tiger Academy fight in the UFC? Im not saying our amateur fighters are amazing, but we have some really good fighters that dont fight at cowboys or anywhere like that anymore, they are stepping up

Ive never really heard of Tiger Academy to be honest

if you never heard of tiger academy then you haven't really been around, but then again you barely have been around...the school is about training...not about who has more fighters in the ufc...its about quality and not how many people we can train to get our name out there and stickers on their cars...trust me...i was goin to join knuckle up like everyone else cause its well know and i am good friends with the instructors as well...but after doing the research and going to the fights...tiger academy was the smarter choice...i would advise anyone who is thinking of training to go visit the school and fights and make your own decision...
-dave

DRFTR
07-26-2007, 10:39 AM
http://www.tigeracademy.com/events_news.htm#1

-dave

DRFTR
07-26-2007, 10:41 AM
here you go Tracy...a list of Tiger Academy affiliated schools:

Affiliate schools

TEAM TIGER CALIFORNIA
Max Impact Martial Arts
Max Impact Martial Arts - 16632 1/2 Marquez Ave
Pacific Palisades, CA
(310) 454-7105
or email: [email protected]

Instructor: Jamie Gavsie
Certified Team Tiger Full Instructor (1 of 4)
Endorsed Team Tiger Gracie Jiu-Jitsu
Endorsed Team Tiger Total Defense

TEAM TIGER FLORIDA
Destin Academy of Mixed Martial Arts
12273 Emerald Coast Pkwy.
Holiday Plaza - Suite 103
Destin, FL 32550
or email: [email protected]

Instructor: Carlos Diaz

TEAM TIGER OREGON
Oregon Martial Arts Club
14355 SW Pacific Highway, Tigard Oregon
ph. 503-598-8055
email. [email protected]

Instructor: Sean Haley

TEAM TIGER TENNESSEE
Chattanooga Jiu-Jitsu Academy
5519 Hwy 153 Suite 7
Hixson, TN 37343
423-874-0222

Instructor: Mickey Swafford
TEAM TIGER ATLANTA
Imperatori Karate
5290 Roswell Road, Suite O
Atlanta, GA 30342
404-252-8200
[email protected]

Instructor: Steve Brown

TEAM TIGER MARIETTA
Tommy Cho Karate
1319 JOHNSON FERRY RD. SUITE #1050
MARIETTA, GA 30068
770-977-9400
FAX 770-977-3821

Instructor: Tommy Cho

TEAM TIGER ACWORTH
TUF Academy of Martial Arts
5505 Bells Ferry Road, Suite 220
Acworth, GA 30102
678-445-2406

Instructor: Juan Guevara

TEAM TIGER NEW MEXICO
Lion Academy of Martial Arts
4201 Yale Blvd NE, Suite F
Albuquerque, NM 87110
505-341-1500 or email: [email protected]
Instructor: Justin Hall

Endorsed Team Tiger Wing Chun

DRFTR
07-26-2007, 10:46 AM
heres a video of my boy Mac Smith doin his thing rep'n Tiger Academy

http://www.tigeracademy.com/videos_inv_mac.htm

-dave

Tracy
07-26-2007, 10:51 AM
Thanks Dave, but none of their 2 GA schools are close enough for me. I need a downtown one.

DRFTR
07-26-2007, 10:59 AM
Thanks Dave, but none of their 2 GA schools are close enough for me. I need a downtown one.

TEAM TIGER MARIETTA
Tommy Cho Karate
1319 JOHNSON FERRY RD. SUITE #1050
MARIETTA, GA 30068
770-977-9400
FAX 770-977-3821

Instructor: Tommy Cho

Tommy Cho is badass...he's not all that far from your and dans place...plus there are scholl close tot he shop ;)
-dave

auxiliary
07-26-2007, 11:40 AM
I keep reading you guys saying $79-$99 is expensive....

that makes me cry....

The Karate school I operate charges much more than that....and it's for children.

I guess teaching adults how to fight = $79 a month, teaching children how to be better kids = $199 a month...

Looks like I made the right decision :P

Anyway, I have only heard good things about the tiger academy. If there is one close to you then give them a try.

SL33P3R
07-26-2007, 03:19 PM
DRFTR- You were talking about Tiger Academy beating Knuckleup in grapping tournaments or fighting? Sorry I took it as if you were talking about fighting

DRFTR
07-26-2007, 03:55 PM
DRFTR- You were talking about Tiger Academy beating Knuckleup in grapping tournaments or fighting? Sorry I took it as if you were talking about fighting

:thinking:
-dave

SL33P3R
07-26-2007, 06:34 PM
WERE YOU TALKING ABOUT TIGER ACADEMY BEATING KNUCKLEUP AT GRAPPLING TOURNAMENTS OR MMA? IS IT THAT HARD TO UNDERSTAND? LOL

DRFTR
07-26-2007, 07:25 PM
WERE YOU TALKING ABOUT TIGER ACADEMY BEATING KNUCKLEUP AT GRAPPLING TOURNAMENTS OR MMA? IS IT THAT HARD TO UNDERSTAND? LOL

i know exactly what you are talking about...i don't attend either one at the moment due to injury so it doesn't matter to me whos balls your swinging from...if you wanna be like everyone else then go join knuckle up...i'm sure they are a good school...and i think they give you a big ass sticker to put on your car so everyone knows your a badass...but if you are training to become an actually fighter like UFC shit then Tiger Academy would be better

-dave :goodjob:

SL33P3R
07-26-2007, 11:27 PM
i know exactly what you are talking about...i don't attend either one at the moment due to injury so it doesn't matter to me whos balls your swinging from...if you wanna be like everyone else then go join knuckle up...i'm sure they are a good school...and i think they give you a big ass sticker to put on your car so everyone knows your a badass...but if you are training to become an actually fighter like UFC shit then Tiger Academy would be better

-dave :goodjob:

Im not swinging from anyones nuts bro. I was just asking. Dont have to get all defensive. Ive been with knuckleup for a while now

DRFTR
07-27-2007, 10:54 AM
Im not swinging from anyones nuts bro. I was just asking. Dont have to get all defensive. Ive been with knuckleup for a while now

not getting defensive...just stating the facts
-dave

Tracy
07-27-2007, 11:07 AM
now now girls, you are both pretty :)

DRFTR
07-27-2007, 11:13 AM
now now girls, you are both pretty :)

even prettier that you famous tracy :D
-dave

Tracy
07-27-2007, 11:15 AM
You wish ;)

DRFTR
07-27-2007, 11:17 AM
hey...i try ok...not all of us can be blessed and be beautiful ok...
-dave

Tracy
07-27-2007, 11:18 AM
hey...i try ok...not all of us can be blessed and be beautiful ok...
-dave

I know. I'm tolerant to those less fortunate :) I thank my mama for my good looks...and my booty :D

DRFTR
07-27-2007, 11:31 AM
haha...that you do have a boootay
-dave