PDA

View Full Version : Oil Company Lies, Gas prices and a ton of bullshit

nightracer
05-22-2007, 11:50 AM
I hate them with the passion for a few reasons.

One they are profiteering off of all of us. Exxon Mobil is THE largest and most profitable corporation on earth. In 2005 through 2006, petroleum company CEO's were given hundreds of millions of dollars in bonuses in addition to their multi-million dollar salaries. Gas prices have risen what 200% in only seven years? They are still climbing. Their arguments for high prices are:
They have less refining capacity after Hurricane Katrina.
The summer blend as well as high demand of gasoline makes prices higher.
They factor expectation of war, disaster etc. into the prices.
The supply is diminishing while the demand is still rising.
China is industrializing and using more and more gasoline.

1. Well build more refineries they are only the most profitable companies in the world.
2. Winter Blend motherfuckers!!!!
3. Thats all bullshit, a suicide bomber in Israel or Baghdad has no effect on the security of oil fields in southern Iraq or anywhere in the middle east. In-fact, suicide bombers, terrorists and insurgents aren't targeting the oil fields and US Mil will simply vaporize them if they try.
4. The supply was not reduced dramatically over a period of a day or a month. It is a gradual process of reduction. If the supply in the middle east had dropped that much it'd be WWIII.
5. China has been industrializing since before most of us were born and has gradually increased their production over the years. They started using more and more automobiles in the late 90's but gas prices NEVER hit $2.00 back then.

All the other business and political rhetoric is utter bullshit that cannot be argued. You can have an infinite number of lies but only one truth. Its all bullshit. Yes we are 25-30 years away from the depletion of those oil fields but prices did not rise like this when we were 30-35 years away from depletion.

SPOOLIN
05-22-2007, 12:05 PM
its gonna be a lot longer than that before depletion of oil occurs IF in fact it does occur due to other natural phenomenons. There is now an ASS ton of oil from shale being produced from canada, and i do mean a shit ton from new technology that has been perfected in the past couple of years. The gas prices are due to refineries that are doing expensive long maintanaince and cant run at capacity, i agree, build atleast another to ease some load but oh well. There are also strong theories of oil not really developing from fossils and that there is a chemical reaction with the magma and other stuff in the earth that produces it which in fact is more believeable then fossils rotting into oil...which yes, there is always traces of fossils in crude but no shit, the fossils from millions of years ago are all up in the earth's crust.

DONT FORGET, oil prices have come down in the past few weeks.

not to mention untapped oil that people whine about tapping in the alaskan wildlife reserve.

nightracer
05-22-2007, 12:48 PM
They should make all the oil companies who sell gasoline and diesel fuel in the US pitch in and dig and underground tunnel from the oil fields in Alaska to a port. They should also make them them build 3 more refineries and an extra refinery for race gas! :D

ShooterMcGavin
05-22-2007, 12:57 PM
how come we were tapping into the federal reserves last year when gas was about to hit $3 but now that it's well above $3 there's been no talks? i mean are they seriously waiting for $4 gas to hit first?

SPOOLIN
05-22-2007, 01:06 PM
They should make all the oil companies who sell gasoline and diesel fuel in the US pitch in and dig and underground tunnel from the oil fields in Alaska to a port. They should also make them them build 3 more refineries and an extra refinery for race gas! :D

race gas is synthetic which is why it costs a lot.

Sol-Badguy
05-22-2007, 01:09 PM
Let me just say this.

You can't do anything about it. Why beat the subject to death?

chrisdavis
05-22-2007, 01:10 PM
1. Well build more refineries they are only the most profitable companies in the world.

They cant due to EPA restrictions, environmental activist, and political pandering

2. Winter Blend motherfuckers!!!!

Summer blend is regulated by the state govt. oil companies have no control over it

3. Thats all bullshit, a suicide bomber in Israel or Baghdad has no effect on the security of oil fields in southern Iraq or anywhere in the middle east. In-fact, suicide bombers, terrorists and insurgents aren't targeting the oil fields and US Mil will simply vaporize them if they try.

4. The supply was not reduced dramatically over a period of a day or a month. It is a gradual process of reduction. If the supply in the middle east had dropped that much it'd be WWIII.

OPEC has reduced production to keep the price of oil up. not for the lack of oil. OPEC does not want oil to fall below $50 a barrell

5. China has been industrializing since before most of us were born and has gradually increased their production over the years. They started using more and more automobiles in the late 90's but gas prices NEVER hit $2.00 back then.

China and India are both consuming more oil now than ever before.

[/QUOTE]

Sport1.3
05-22-2007, 01:13 PM
i agree with the BS. $3.38 for premium is retarded!

nightracer
05-22-2007, 01:52 PM
They cant due to EPA restrictions, environmental activist, and political pandering
I already know. I mean the EPA is being a jew and should allow it for the sake of our wallets.

Summer blend is regulated by the state govt. oil companies have no control over it
I also know this as well. The state govts. should ease up on the laws so that our wallets won't suffer as much.

OPEC has reduced production to keep the price of oil up. not for the lack of oil. OPEC does not want oil to fall below $50 a barrell
Canada and Russia are not members of OPEC. Fuck those bastards we need cheaper oil to pay for more travel and commuting habbits. I don't care about another country's economy when I pay $50 to fill up my car.

China and India are both consuming more oil now than ever before.China and India were both consuming large amounts of petroleum in the 1995 and petroleum prices per barrel never hid $75/ barrel.

Doppelgänger
05-22-2007, 01:59 PM
Fucking Republicans are trying to destroy this country before they get kicked out of office, thats all there is too it. Bushfag has nothing to loose by doing so. I'll tell you that if we kicks all the fucking illegal ass motherfuckers out of this country we would have less demand here.

Doppelgänger
05-22-2007, 02:01 PM
Besides, the politicians dont give 2 fucks, the higher gas prices go, the more money that they get, not just the people that work for the oil companies.

EssAreTwenTee
05-22-2007, 02:05 PM
Fucking Republicans are trying to destroy this country before they get kicked out of office, thats all there is too it. Bushfag has nothing to loose by doing so. I'll tell you that if we kicks all the fucking illegal ass motherfuckers out of this country we would have less demand here.

you do realize the democrats control congress now right? And gas prices are still going up.

nightracer
05-22-2007, 02:26 PM
We are getting DP'd by Democrats on one end and Republicans on the other.

nightracer
05-22-2007, 03:13 PM
you do realize the democrats control congress now right? And gas prices are still going up.
That is why I hate both sides of the govt. equally. They are both crooked ass criminals.

koukis14
05-22-2007, 03:40 PM
Oh Jesus Democrats and Republican are all evil and don't give a shit about anything but thier fucking bank accounts. The sooner we all just accept that the sooner the revolution can begin. There is only one thing that will put a stop to evil big business and the government stealing from us and that is to revolt and overthrow them. Jesus Christ the elections are even fucked up. How can you lose the popular vote and win the election? The electoral college is bullshit. Why do you think people give these asshole hundreds of millions of dollars to run for president. It is called an investment, they don't just give it as a gift. I am so tired of this Democrat Republican bullshit. they are all the same assholes.

EM1toEVO
05-22-2007, 03:45 PM
Oh Jesus Democrats and Republican are all evil and don't give a shit about anything but thier fucking bank accounts. The sooner we all just accept that the sooner the revolution can begin. There is only one thing that will put a stop to evil big business and the government stealing from us and that is to revolt and overthrow them. Jesus Christ the elections are even fucked up. How can you lose the popular vote and win the election? The electoral college is bullshit. Why do you think people give these asshole hundreds of millions of dollars to run for president. It is called an investment, they don't just give it as a gift. I am so tired of this Democrat Republican bullshit. they are all the same assholes.

Well said!

afwfjustin
05-22-2007, 03:47 PM

Liberal douche alert

EM1toEVO
05-22-2007, 03:48 PM
I drive like a granny just to prolong filling up more than once a week. That's terrible coming from someone that intentionally bought a gas guzzling Evo. That's the price I pay to play though I guess.

Blitanicle99
05-22-2007, 04:18 PM
Lets not turn this into a Republican Democrat fight. Both parties want the same thing, fair gas prices. I am sick and tired of filling up and it costs me damn near 70 bucks to fill up a toyota pick up truck! Im trying to find a way to swap my truck for a Diesel powered one someone has just for the gas millage. And diesel is finally cheaper than gas these days. Shit ill park my truck and take the insurence off and ride my bike with this shit. Atleast that thing gets like 70 mpg.

SPOOLIN
05-22-2007, 04:36 PM
i go 325 miles on a 1 gallon tank. 29$

EM1toEVO
05-22-2007, 04:38 PM
I miss the mpg from my '00 Si (even though I always use premuim).

Julio
05-22-2007, 09:50 PM
Stop driving or buy a scooter.

tony
05-22-2007, 10:23 PM
Chris Davis - One of the best posts ever

I've just accepted that maybe gas prices need to go up so people get educated on the process and put pressure on politicians to look into alternative fuels. Want prices to come down? Lower demand.. MF'ers around here should be all for Ethanol since the Octane rating is around 107.

Producing ethanol here in the states lowers dependency on other countries who cannot stand our government (See Venezuela) puts money back into the U.S economy and will lower the price of gasoline here.. but until then prices will rise. In the grand scheme of things we really do not pay a LOT for gas compared to other countries.

JoeCoolinATL
05-22-2007, 10:52 PM
98% of this thread has uneducated posts. i really hate people who hear something and immediately it becomes "the truth"

JoeCoolinATL
05-22-2007, 10:58 PM
and profits DO NOT EQUAL PROFIT MARGINS!
quit getting your news from myspace or mtv.
pharm. companies make more than the oil companies.
only 30% of oil goes towards fuel. Where do you think all those cheap pieces of plastic worldwide come from?
and refineries? blame hippies, liberals, etc. same reason we dont have any more nuclear plants (which would take us more and more off gas/coal so the hippies are shooting themselves in the foot on this one.)
i can go on and on.
seriously tho. stop posting.
god i hate kids.

chrisdavis
05-23-2007, 12:13 AM

I've just accepted that maybe gas prices need to go up so people get educated on the process and put pressure on politicians to look into alternative fuels. Want prices to come down? Lower demand.. MF'ers around here should be all for Ethanol since the Octane rating is around 107.

Producing ethanol here in the states lowers dependency on other countries who cannot stand our government (See Venezuela) puts money back into the U.S economy and will lower the price of gasoline here.. but until then prices will rise. In the grand scheme of things we really do not pay a LOT for gas compared to other countries.

My only reservation towards ethanol right now, is what effect it will have on the price of groceries.

koukis14
05-23-2007, 01:11 AM
and profits DO NOT EQUAL PROFIT MARGINS!
quit getting your news from myspace or mtv.
pharm. companies make more than the oil companies.
only 30% of oil goes towards fuel. Where do you think all those cheap pieces of plastic worldwide come from?
and refineries? blame hippies, liberals, etc. same reason we dont have any more nuclear plants (which would take us more and more off gas/coal so the hippies are shooting themselves in the foot on this one.)
i can go on and on.
seriously tho. stop posting.
god i hate kids.

If your don't like, dont fucking read it. The door is that way----------->

tony
05-23-2007, 11:05 AM
My only reservation towards ethanol right now, is what effect it will have on the price of groceries.

Agreed but what is the lesser of the two vices? I'll pay more for groceries to have a choice at the pump and abandon dependency on foreign oil. Tree huggers need to let the issue go and allow more refineries to be built. And ANWR.. (Arctic National Wildlife Refuge) Its a band aid answer and wouldn't have an effect on the economy for at least a decade, it doesn't matter to me either way... I grew up in Alaska and I'm pretty familiar with the area they would drill, it wouldn't have a huge effect on the environment.

JITB
05-23-2007, 11:15 AM
whats the deal with ethanaol? can it be used in older cars? or just newer ones that are made for it?

SPOOLIN
05-23-2007, 11:52 AM

price of groceries? Did you know that in the next 2-3 years Georgia is slated to become one of the largest producers of ethanol FROM PINE TREES!

This would mean that ethanol would be fairly cheap here because theres not much transport costs involved and its OUR state.

chrisdavis
05-23-2007, 12:40 PM
price of groceries? Did you know that in the next 2-3 years Georgia is slated to become one of the largest producers of ethanol FROM PINE TREES!

No I didnt know that. I only knew about corn and sugarcane versions of ethanol. Is it going to be a byproduct from lumber mills or is it going to consume the entire tree to make it?

whats the deal with ethanaol? can it be used in older cars? or just newer ones that are made for it?

Newer cars that are made to run on both gas and ethanol. Although Im sure that someone will create a retrofit kit for older cars once the idea takes off and becomes mainstream.

Crazy Asian
05-23-2007, 12:42 PM
TAKE MARTA OR BIKES IF YOU CANT LIVE WTIH THE GAS PRICE!!!!

SPOOLIN
05-23-2007, 12:56 PM
they will the by products from mills yes. some trees though, just like paper mills, but people replenish trees when they remove them for this kind of things.

JITB
05-23-2007, 01:34 PM
No I didnt know that. I only knew about corn and sugarcane versions of ethanol. Is it going to be a byproduct from lumber mills or is it going to consume the entire tree to make it?

Newer cars that are made to run on both gas and ethanol. Although Im sure that someone will create a retrofit kit for older cars once the idea takes off and becomes mainstream.

so those flex fuel suburbans and tahoes take ethanol right?

AtifSajid
05-23-2007, 01:40 PM
I say dont complain about them..invest in there stock and you will AIIGGGHHHTTT..

Fast Shadow
05-23-2007, 04:45 PM

They're not allowed to, politicians constantly stop them. I don't think a new oil refinery has been built in the USA in at least 20 years now.

chrisdavis
05-24-2007, 01:21 AM
so those flex fuel suburbans and tahoes take ethanol right?

yes

JoeCoolinATL
05-24-2007, 03:07 AM
They're not allowed to, politicians constantly stop them. I don't think a new oil refinery has been built in the USA in at least 20 years now.

its not pols, its libs/hippies, same reason no new nuke plants have come online, or refineries in the last nearly 30 years, i believe its been 27 years since the last refinery was built, and our needs have vastly improved since then, however with the libs/hippies and lawsuits from them, no new ones have been built.

koukis14
05-24-2007, 06:54 PM
its not pols, its libs/hippies, same reason no new nuke plants have come online, or refineries in the last nearly 30 years, i believe its been 27 years since the last refinery was built, and our needs have vastly improved since then, however with the libs/hippies and lawsuits from them, no new ones have been built.

You have one of those W the President stickers on your car don't you?

JoeCoolinATL
08-11-2009, 09:19 PM
You have one of those W the President stickers on your car don't you?

If your don't like, dont fucking read it. The door is that way----------->

lol ive been gone from here for years but just saw the replies to this thread :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:
this kid has no response but this
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:
comedy gold

and for the record i'm not a republican genius :idb:

HeLLo iM iZzY
08-11-2009, 09:39 PM
Sweet thread.

Will read again.

BanginJimmy
08-12-2009, 10:07 AM
After reading through this whole thread I have come to the conclusion that most of ypoi are idiots and know nothing about this subject. wole

preferredduck
08-12-2009, 10:11 PM
its gonna be a lot longer than that before depletion of oil occurs IF in fact it does occur due to other natural phenomenons. There is now an ASS ton of oil from shale being produced from canada, and i do mean a shit ton from new technology that has been perfected in the past couple of years. The gas prices are due to refineries that are doing expensive long maintanaince and cant run at capacity, i agree, build atleast another to ease some load but oh well. There are also strong theories of oil not really developing from fossils and that there is a chemical reaction with the magma and other stuff in the earth that produces it which in fact is more believeable then fossils rotting into oil...which yes, there is always traces of fossils in crude but no shit, the fossils from millions of years ago are all up in the earth's crust.

DONT FORGET, oil prices have come down in the past few weeks.

not to mention untapped oil that people whine about tapping in the alaskan wildlife reserve.

to your point of how oil is made there is a volcanic vent off california that is underwater and it makes oil on the spot from the organic material. just add some heat.

there is more oil under the north slope of alaska than in the middle east. also the rocky mountains has billions of gallons of oil shale too. there is more oil on this planet then we are told of.

BanginJimmy
08-12-2009, 10:29 PM
There are trillions of barrels of oil that we simply dont have the technology to find, remove, and refine yet. That technology will come in time and oil quantities will not be an issue.

To the points about getting off of foreign oil, none of the ideas presented in this thread will do anything to do that. The best way to get off of foreign oil is to become dependant on ourselves. That requires more drilling, more refining, AND alternatives.

preferredduck
08-12-2009, 11:16 PM

producing ethanol in the states from corn actually makes more pollution to make than the damage gas makes from cars. if we use ethanol it has to be sugar cane ethanol. it is super clean to make and burns clean too(see brazil). corn ethanol is BS and it hurts gas mileage in cars now that it is madatory.

preferredduck
08-12-2009, 11:20 PM
There are trillions of barrels of oil that we simply dont have the technology to find, remove, and refine yet. That technology will come in time and oil quantities will not be an issue.

To the points about getting off of foreign oil, none of the ideas presented in this thread will do anything to do that. The best way to get off of foreign oil is to become dependant on ourselves. That requires more drilling, more refining, AND alternatives.

i agree with alternatives, but the technology has exisited for a long time to get 100mpg out of a car. hydrogen is a good way to go and honda actually has a setup where the sun makes your fuel for your car and house and water comes out of the tailpipe. there are not many companies in the US that do oil shale because it is dirty and hard to get to oil, but it can be done.

wind, solar, hydrogen, and sugar cane ethanol would be a good start to power atleast half the nation. hell they can use the CARS program to give a bigger rebate for buying a hydrogen car.

Dr.G35
08-12-2009, 11:23 PM
I'll tell you that if we kicks all the fucking illegal ass motherfuckers out of this country we would have less demand here.
good luck :screwy:

BanginJimmy
08-13-2009, 05:13 AM
I haven't looked much into hydrogen but I am sure there is a massive downside to it. Too expensive to produce or like the first generations of hybrids, they only come is v ery small, very limited capability vehicles.

David88vert
08-13-2009, 08:37 AM
Honda Clarity - http://automobiles.honda.com/fcx-clarity/

preferredduck
08-13-2009, 07:34 PM
I haven't looked much into hydrogen but I am sure there is a massive downside to it. Too expensive to produce or like the first generations of hybrids, they only come is v ery small, very limited capability vehicles.

honda actually has several on the US roads as we speak and have been here for months. i think hydrogen can sometimes be unstable, but si can gasoline. you can also take an existing car and use a hydrogen kit to improve gas mileage. but some motors if you use more than a say 50% mix it will rust and screw up the motor over time. all compnents that the hydrogen touches needs to be made of stainless steel or something like it for corrosion. basically if you have the money you can have the motor in your car setup to run off nothing but hydrogen and it would save you tons of money in the long term.

the honda kit uses solar panels to create the hydrogen that you would fuel up ypur car with and also the panels could power your hom.e complete eco friendly there.

zspeed24
08-13-2009, 07:43 PM
They also have air cars in inda they are crap for long distance travel but perfect in town commuter cars. they have air motors like a DA sander. they say it is too noisy for the us though. I also believ they are experimenting with carbon fiber hydrogen tanks so in the event of a crash the tanks would split instead of exploding.

preferredduck
08-13-2009, 08:05 PM
They also have air cars in inda they are crap for long distance travel but perfect in town commuter cars. they have air motors like a DA sander. they say it is too noisy for the us though. I also believ they are experimenting with carbon fiber hydrogen tanks so in the event of a crash the tanks would split instead of exploding.

i have seen the air car(there is one in france too i think) and the motorcycle. i have not read of the carbon fiber tanks but it does make sense considering how they are used in indy cars.