PDA

View Full Version : Cingular or I guess AT&T Users

koukis14
05-22-2007, 12:35 AM
I just looked down and my phone no longer says Cingular on the screen, it now says AT&T. Yet my girlfriends phone still says Cingular. Anyone else?

Hulud
05-22-2007, 12:37 AM
cingular

gtikid
05-22-2007, 12:42 AM
I just looked down and my phone no longer says Cingular on the screen, it now says AT&T. Yet my girlfriends phone still says Cingular. Anyone else?

We're slowly in the process of changing over all the phones to say AT&T instead of Cingular. Some will do it before others do. Cingular officially took the name AT&T yesterday/today. We had to re-brand the store last night to make everything say AT&T and the jack is officially gone. Cingular is officially no more :goodjob:

koukis14
05-22-2007, 12:52 AM
We're slowly in the process of changing over all the phones to say AT&T instead of Cingular. Some will do it before others do. Cingular officially took the name AT&T yesterday/today. We had to re-brand the store last night to make everything say AT&T and the jack is officially gone. Cingular is officially no more :goodjob:

Oh well that would explain it. My girlfriends phone is a hunk of shit. Whats a good phone in your opinion. Oh she has a Razor. I have one of the sony ericcson walkman phones and I love it but she doesn't like it.

VooDooXII
05-22-2007, 12:58 AM
It was AT&T for me two or three years ago when I got my first phone, and then it became Cingular...that's still there, but I guess it'll become AT&T again.

gtikid
05-22-2007, 01:06 AM
Oh well that would explain it. My girlfriends phone is a hunk of shit. Whats a good phone in your opinion. Oh she has a Razor. I have one of the sony ericcson walkman phones and I love it but she doesn't like it.

Haha....well the new razrs are pretty good. They have a 1.3 megapixel camera and an mp3 also. It pretty much has all the features your phone has and blows the old razr away. It also has the fastest internet out of all our phones. The pearl is pretty good too and pretty cheap now too, so is the blackjack :goodjob:

gtikid
05-22-2007, 01:07 AM
It was AT&T for me two or three years ago when I got my first phone, and then it became Cingular...that's still there, but I guess it'll become AT&T again.

Eh Cingular was also AT&T in a way, just disguised as another name....

koukis14
05-22-2007, 01:07 AM
Haha....well the new razrs are pretty good. They have a 1.3 megapixel camera and an mp3 also. It pretty much has all the features your phone has and blows the old razr away. It also has the fastest internet out of all our phones. The pearl is pretty good too and pretty cheap now too, so is the blackjack :goodjob: I will let her know, thanks.

BuBBa DRiFT
05-22-2007, 01:14 AM
My friend is AT&T while her mom and I are still Cingular.

Evil Goat
05-22-2007, 01:25 AM
mine still says verizon....wtf?

VooDooXII
05-22-2007, 01:46 AM
Eh Cingular was also AT&T in a way, just disguised as another name....I don't understand it at all...:thinking:

AT&T Wireless -> Cingular -> AT&T again?

HyPer50
05-22-2007, 06:36 AM
Mine still says Cingular.

The Yousef
05-22-2007, 07:07 AM
mine still says verizon....wtf?

:lmfao:

Rican219
05-22-2007, 07:38 AM
I'm about to buy a Cingular phone.

SPOOLIN
05-22-2007, 09:17 AM
oh yeah!! well the out side of my razr on the case will ALWAYS SAY CINGULAR! cingular FOREVAR!@!!!

Tiff-O-Bitties
05-22-2007, 09:18 AM
nextel?

2.0civic
05-22-2007, 09:38 AM
I don't understand it at all...:thinking:

AT&T Wireless -> Cingular -> AT&T again?

LOL not quite. Cingular and AT&T were two ENTIRELY different systems still. Look at Any old Cell chart ratings and you will see the AT&T system actually still had its own towers. AT&T users will have better coverage now that both systems are actually merged.

The thing with the screen started happening ATLEAST 2 weekends ago. I was in gainesville visiting my old store and my old coworkers 8525 came up at&t :goodjob:

xaznstylegrlx
05-22-2007, 12:17 PM
my phone saids either.... depending on the area that I am in

2.0civic
05-22-2007, 12:21 PM
my phone saids either.... depending on the area that I am in

As bad as i hate to say it, im thinking about going back to work for them...Once EVERYTHING IS done, its going to kill some others or tmobile and sprint will have to do some drastic measures

xaznstylegrlx
05-22-2007, 12:44 PM
well at&t needs to raise some more bars because I don't get reception in my own apartment.

NAIZBST
05-22-2007, 12:53 PM
mine still says cingular

gtikid
05-22-2007, 03:08 PM
As bad as i hate to say it, im thinking about going back to work for them...Once EVERYTHING IS done, its going to kill some others or tmobile and sprint will have to do some drastic measures

Man you need to come back NOW!! With the release of the Iphone AND Video calling at the same time, it's going to kill the competition. There are going to be so many people doing port-ins just because they want the Iphone....which means more commission for me :D

Besides, what you mean once everything is done? All this was, was just a huge name change man. There isn't going to be any change in service at all, it's still good old Cingular service under the "New" AT&T name :goodjob:

2.0civic
05-22-2007, 03:12 PM
Man you need to come back NOW!! With the release of the Iphone AND Video calling at the same time, it's going to kill the competition. There are going to be so many people doing port-ins just because they want the Iphone....which means more commission for me :D

Besides, what you mean once everything is done? All this was, was just a huge name change man. There isn't going to be any change in service at all, it's still good old Cingular service under the "New" AT&T name :goodjob:

LOL the entire AT&T system doesnt run cingular right now...Theres some outdated ones they are still working on and once that gets done, holy shit...

I wouldnt even CONSIDER an Iphone til they get them with 3g:goodjob:

gtikid
05-22-2007, 03:17 PM

Come see me homie. I'll hook you up big time: phone, service, accesories, etc... :goodjob:

Member31410
05-22-2007, 03:18 PM

LOL @ the new vid in sig. :lmfao:

gtikid
05-22-2007, 03:25 PM
LOL the entire AT&T system doesnt run cingular right now...Theres some outdated ones they are still working on and once that gets done, holy shit...

I wouldnt even CONSIDER an Iphone til they get them with 3g:goodjob:

Hah there is no "old" AT&T anymore. As of 2008, TDMA is out the door. As of March, all the TDMA pre-paid phones were terminated. Verizon is having that problem as well, you know how they pride themselves on having "the largest" network and :blah: :blah: :blah: , they're able to say that b/c they bought out all the old TDMA towers that other smaller carriers couldn't afford to support anymore and went out of business. For example, if something happened to Metro PCS and they had build some towers, and went out of business, Verizon would come in and buy those towers. Well guess what's happening now, the new Verizon phones aren't supporting TDMA anymore, it's pointless. So the "largest all-over network :blah: is slowly going downhill :D

It's pretty shitty the Iphone isn't coming with 3G :( But to the average consumer/customer, they could care-less about that and have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what 3g is anyways

TeeJay
05-22-2007, 03:31 PM
AT&Tingular FTW

koukis14
05-22-2007, 03:32 PM
It's pretty shitty the Iphone isn't coming with 3G :( But to the average consumer/customer, they could care-less about that and have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what 3g is anyways
Yeah fucking morons........what is 3g again?

gtikid
05-22-2007, 03:40 PM
Yeah fucking morons........what is 3g again?

It's pretty much internet speed on a phone. It allows for streaming video/music/video calling, etc....

koukis14
05-22-2007, 03:46 PM

It's pretty much internet speed on a phone. It allows for streaming video/music/video calling, etc....

Oh ok. Yeah I fuck off enough at work as it is, I don't need that.

2.0civic
05-22-2007, 03:49 PM
Oh ok. Yeah I fuck off enough at work as it is, I don't need that.

To me, There is no iphone WITHOUT 3g. Why the hell would you want a basically PC in a phone and not be able to use its capabilitys?

jullian, as far as the TDMA thing, i heard that they are trying to convert those over to GSM. I may be wrong but eh, when you hear shit from corporate techs, you never know:goodjob:

Evil Goat
05-22-2007, 04:07 PM
can anyone tell me how useable the cingular gps is? im currently using the verizon stuff and its very easy to use, ultra reliable, and right on the money about 90% of the time (as far as taking me directly to a numerical address )

gtikid
05-22-2007, 04:10 PM
To me, There is no iphone WITHOUT 3g. Why the hell would you want a basically PC in a phone and not be able to use its capabilitys?

jullian, as far as the TDMA thing, i heard that they are trying to convert those over to GSM. I may be wrong but eh, when you hear shit from corporate techs, you never know:goodjob:

Yea the way they were trying to do that was by sending out all the customers who still use TDMA a letter saying "you can upgrade to the "new" AT&T gsm service and receive a new phone and :blah: :blah: :blah:" , and if you didn't switch your phone over, it would get cancelled :lmfao: If you had a TDMA pre-paid, it's already cancelled. And if you have a TDMA post paid, you have until 2008. Also, those customers who have TDMA were also getting charged $5 extra a month for having TDMA :lmao: :yes: :tongue1:

And I agree, not having 3g really sucks. That's why I think i'm just gonna stick with the 8525 :D

2.0civic
05-22-2007, 04:14 PM
Yea the way they were trying to do that was by sending out all the customers who still use TDMA a letter saying "you can upgrade to the "new" AT&T gsm service and receive a new phone and :blah: :blah: :blah:" , and if you didn't switch your phone over, it would get cancelled :lmfao: If you had a TDMA pre-paid, it's already cancelled. And if you have a TDMA post paid, you have until 2008. Also, those customers who have TDMA were also getting charged $5 extra a month for having TDMA :lmao: :yes: :tongue1:

And I agree, not having 3g really sucks. That's why I think i'm just gonna stick with the 8525 :D

first paragraph is 100% on the dot. it was that way last june i had customers coming in with notices lol

8525 is probably the best phone they make right now...Is the new LG phone going to be 3g? I heard it was and if so, it will compete with the iphone better than most people think

gtikid
05-22-2007, 04:31 PM
first paragraph is 100% on the dot. it was that way last june i had customers coming in with notices lol

8525 is probably the best phone they make right now...Is the new LG phone going to be 3g? I heard it was and if so, it will compete with the iphone better than most people think

The Prada? I have no idea if it's 3g or not, but it'll definitely hold it's own against the Iphone. More than likely it'll be cheaper so it will definitely draw a lot of attention.

Hell yea the 8525 is the best phone out there!! I don't sell it too much though b/c I dont even bother to demo it to people. Most of them are too dumb to operate the phone and more than likely it'll get returned b/c of user error, but the customer comes in saying "the phone doesnt do this how i want it to, the phone bugs out, the phone :blah: :blah: :blah: "....stupid people :lmfao:

2.0civic
05-22-2007, 04:38 PM
The Prada? I have no idea if it's 3g or not, but it'll definitely hold it's own against the Iphone. More than likely it'll be cheaper so it will definitely draw a lot of attention.

Hell yea the 8525 is the best phone out there!! I don't sell it too much though b/c I dont even bother to demo it to people. Most of them are too dumb to operate the phone and more than likely it'll get returned b/c of user error, but the customer comes in saying "the phone doesnt do this how i want it to, the phone bugs out, the phone :blah: :blah: :blah: "....stupid people :lmfao:

yeah the prada. LOL, i knew it was PR something. Fucking crackers not knowing how to operate their shit. I have people come in here with crackberrys all the time that they bought off Ebay then get pissed when i tell them they need a $40 a month because they were too ignorant to see us first

gtikid
05-22-2007, 04:43 PM
yeah the prada. LOL, i knew it was PR something. Fucking crackers not knowing how to operate their shit. I have people come in here with crackberrys all the time that they bought off Ebay then get pissed when i tell them they need a $40 a month because they were too ignorant to see us first

People try to cheat the system, but don't know how to do it correctly :lmfao:

2.0civic
05-22-2007, 04:46 PM
People try to cheat the system, but don't know how to do it correctly :lmfao:

LIRLOLOLOL Ive NEVER had a data package....:D

My phone now is paid for 100% but with the way ive used 411 lately...damn i probably had a $50 411 bill last month LOL im glad i dont ever see it

gtikid
05-22-2007, 05:02 PM
LIRLOLOLOL Ive NEVER had a data package....:D

My phone now is paid for 100% but with the way ive used 411 lately...damn i probably had a $50 411 bill last month LOL im glad i dont ever see it

I've never had a bill at all :D Working for the company FTW :lmfao: :D

BUUUUUT, there is a secret for media packages for pda's, instead of paying $39.99, you should know it by now ;)

TeeJay
05-22-2007, 06:53 PM
phone geeks, stfu

Halfwit
05-22-2007, 06:56 PM
my spone says both!!! looks like their having a battle royal on muh screen!!!

gtikid
05-22-2007, 07:18 PM
phone geeks, stfu

:rant:

:D

2.0civic
05-24-2007, 10:22 AM
I've never had a bill at all :D Working for the company FTW :lmfao: :D

BUUUUUT, there is a secret for media packages for pda's, instead of paying $39.99, you should know it by now ;)

8525 FTW LOLOL

gotta love smartphones

hydroshutter
05-24-2007, 10:25 AM
What secret? I have a Treo 750 I'd LOVE to not pay a bill for, lol.

I'm paying 45/month for unlimited everything. (data, messaging, etc)

2.0civic
05-24-2007, 10:30 AM
What secret? I have a Treo 750 I'd LOVE to not pay a bill for, lol.

I'm paying 45/month for unlimited everything. (data, messaging, etc)

go 8525 and that data package will be almost half. *cough cough*;)

hydroshutter
05-24-2007, 12:12 PM
No shit? Damn. I'm going to return this Treo today because it's a dissapointment.

2.0civic
05-24-2007, 02:27 PM
No shit? Damn. I'm going to return this Treo today because it's a dissapointment.

blackjacks are still half off:goodjob:

Nittanys1
05-24-2007, 08:03 PM
yeah im not too happy with my treo either...it works for what I got it for but the internet browser SUXs