PDA

View Full Version : Misc they gonna get vick,lol

OneSlow5pt0
05-21-2007, 03:07 PM
Pol asks for strong action against Vick

By PAUL NEWBERRY, AP Sports Writer

document.write(getElapsed("20070520T153205Z"));Sun May 20, 11:32 AMUPDATED 1 DAY 4 HOURS 10 MINUTES AGO

http://www.comcast.net/data/br/2007/05/20/br-69960.jpg (http://www.comcast.net/data/news/photoshow/html/sports/668068.html)Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick stands on the sidelines ... (http://www.comcast.net/data/news/photoshow/html/sports/668068.html)

A California congressman has joined the cause against Michael Vick, firing off a letter Friday that urged NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to ``act swiftly and forcefully'' if the Atlanta Falcons quarterback was involved in dog fighting on his former property.

U.S. Rep. Tom Lantos (D-Calif.) pointed out that he's a senior member of the Oversight and Government Reform Committee, which two years ago held highly publicized hearings on the use of performance-enhancing drugs in professional sports.

Lantos raised the prospect of government intervention if the NFL fails to discipline Vick.

``I am outraged that one of the National Football League's superstars is affiliated with such a heinous enterprise,'' Lantos wrote.

Last month, police raided a Virginia home owned by Vick and allegedly found evidence of a major dog-fighting operation, including dozens off malnourished and injured dogs. The quarterback has denied any wrongdoing, and no criminal charges have been filed against him.

Vick has since sold the home.

``The level of cruelty involved in exploiting animals to the point that 60 malnourished and injured dogs were removed from Mr. Vick's property is mind boggling,'' Lantos said. ``I will view anything less than the strongest repudiation of Mr. Vick's involvement as tacit support for this atrocious activity.''

The NFL has said repeatedly it is investigating the case to determine if Vick violated the commissioner's tougher standards for players who run afoul of the law. Reached Friday, Falcons spokesman Reggie Roberts reiterated the team's policy of not commenting until the investigation is completed.

Calling himself a longtime advocate of animal welfare, Lantos joined two prominent animals rights groups that have called on Goodell to suspend or ban any players involved in dog fighting.

``As evidence of Mr. Vick's involvement mounts, I implore you to act swiftly and forcefully,'' the congressman wrote. ``Your strong rebuke of dog fighting - and those who promote it - will send the message that this all-too-prevalent practice has no place in a civilized society.''

In a not-so-subtle threat of possible congressional action, Lantos reminded the commissioner of his committee's efforts to weed out those who use performance-enhancing drugs.

``I also suggest you educate your players on the illegality and cruelty of dog fighting to prevent this from happening again,'' Lantos wrote. ``It is my hope that the issue of animal fighting will not require us to further investigate the behavior of your athletes.''

ShooterMcGavin
05-21-2007, 06:26 PM
lol at him having already sold the property

Hulud
05-21-2007, 07:41 PM
mike vick is a piece of shit like his brother

/thread

B18CDELSLO
05-21-2007, 07:57 PM
thats all bullshit, why can humans beat the hell out of each other for entertainment but you cant let dogs fight............

imbosile
05-21-2007, 08:00 PM
thats all bullshit, why can humans beat the hell out of each other for entertainment but you cant let dogs fight............

you dumbass, because no one is forcing humans to fight

B18CDELSLO
05-21-2007, 08:01 PM
im not condoning it, i wouldnt do it, but its not like dogs dont fight by themselves anyways

OneSlow5pt0
05-21-2007, 08:05 PM
Mike Vick would never play another down if i was Arthur Blank...but all he cares about is money and vick will keep selling out the dome,so he will stay

Da_unknown
05-21-2007, 08:20 PM
Mike Vick would never play another down if i was Arthur Blank...but all he cares about is money and vick will keep selling out the dome,so he will stay

ur right ina way but i think Arthur Blank is really getting tired of him now, its the freakin off season as his dumbass cant even stay out of the news...

TheSnail
05-21-2007, 08:24 PM
With money like that, why would you keep the 60 dogs at your own house. Just keep them at a friends house or something.

OneSlow5pt0
05-21-2007, 08:25 PM
^^lol

TeeJay
05-21-2007, 09:45 PM
dumbest. comment. ever.

BB6dohcvtec
05-21-2007, 11:17 PM
wow this is straight bs... i might hate on vick alot for his non-throwing skills....but getting all over his case over a dog fighting ring is stupid... i know of two rings in the middle ga. area alone.

TeeJay
05-21-2007, 11:21 PM
^^ban

Hulud
05-22-2007, 12:03 AM
wow this is straight bs... i might hate on vick alot for his non-throwing skills....but getting all over his case over a dog fighting ring is stupid... i know of two rings in the middle ga. area alone.
so your saying its ok for dog fighting rings?

OneSlow5pt0
05-22-2007, 12:11 AM
where exactly are these rings,i gotta make a few phone calls

Capt._Ron
05-22-2007, 12:37 AM
blah blah blah its cruel. Thats what these dogs were bred to do if they didnt want to fight they wouldn't try to kill each other in the ring. Im so sick and tired of people flippin their shit about some fucking animals that were bred to die when there are fucking human s all over this damned planet dying for no fucking reason

OneSlow5pt0
05-22-2007, 12:58 AM
^^^they have to fight...the people beat them and starve them,in to making them think that the only way they will live is to killl.....and thats wrong on so many levels

StocknSlow
05-22-2007, 01:55 AM
wow, i guess there aren't any doglovers amongst you. i'm a fan of the falcons, but forcing dogs to fight is just cruel. it's just wrong, period.

Mike Lowrey
05-22-2007, 06:15 AM
Mike Vick is a dumbass, along with half the people in this thread. If you think dog fighting is OK, we can throw your happy ass in the ring with one of those dogs and see what happens. :goodjob:

Spectic Tank
05-22-2007, 08:21 AM
Mike Vick is a dumbass, along with half the people in this thread. If you think dog fighting is OK, we can throw your happy ass in the ring with one of those dogs and see what happens. :goodjob:

+1

All you people saying dog fighting is no big deal are fucking morons. Not to mention it's people like you and the one's training these dogs that are getting these dogs banned in many areas. A dog's natural instinct is not to kill they are trained to kill.

Glides
05-22-2007, 10:00 AM
Goddam, if they lock Vick up, the Falcons area dead. Hell, he's the entire team.

OneSlow5pt0
05-22-2007, 11:45 AM
^^^no if they has Matt,they would be in the playoffs

Jaimecbr900
05-22-2007, 12:29 PM
My buddy Rich said it best.....we have a bunch of retards in our midst.... :rolleyes:

I'm a Falcons fan, but damn why do players have to be so damn stupid?

Although he's listed as a "breeder" of pitbulls, why in the hell would you EVER have malnourished and sick dogs ON your property???? Don't you know you have a big bullseye on your back already??? DUH!!!

Best he could do right now is come out and say that he had nothing to do with that, and whomever did he supports them getting prosecuted. If he doesn't say that, he had atleast knowledge of it which makes him stupid.

I've said it a million times. Give ME a damn million dollars. I'd be happier than a toad in an outhouse to sit my happy ass at home nice and quiet and NEVER get myself in a situation where someone could take away ANY of my money. Does money just make people dumber than they already are?

Bottomline, Vick's a fool for letting himself get caught up in some stupid scandal.

Extrememustang
05-22-2007, 12:34 PM

What a jackass. Yea and Im sure that the dogs loved to be forced to be tied to a treadmill all day to get in better shape.

HalfBaked
05-22-2007, 12:36 PM
Why are there so many fucking idiots on this forum.

People actually think dog fighting isn't bad?

But at the same time if it wasn't Michael Vick it wouldn't be such a big idea. Say the 3rd string tight end for the packers got caught dog fighting, it would just be a blurb in the news.

Extrememustang
05-22-2007, 12:37 PM
My buddy Rich said it best.....we have a bunch of retards in our midst.... :rolleyes:

Although he's listed as a "breeder" of pitbulls, why in the hell would you EVER have malnourished and sick dogs ON your property???? Don't you know you have a big bullseye on your back already??? DUH!!!

Best he could do right now is come out and say that he had nothing to do with that, and whomever did he supports them getting prosecuted. If he doesn't say that, he had atleast knowledge of it which makes him stupid.

I've said it a million times. Give ME a damn million dollars. I'd be happier than a toad in an outhouse to sit my happy ass at home nice and quiet and NEVER get myself in a situation where someone could take away ANY of my money. Does money just make people dumber than they already are?

Bottomline, Vick's a fool for letting himself get caught up in some stupid scandal.

Yea what a fucking idiot. I think ppl who do this shit needs to fucking goto jail. Im so fucking sick of this dog fighting shit. Im not going to throw a race card right this sec. Why cant ppl just enjoy animals. this is why pitts have a fucking bad name.

OneSlow5pt0
05-22-2007, 12:44 PM
did anyone see Cliton Portis,saying that dog fighting isnt bad,and they should stay out of vick's life.....................welll i just lost any respect i had for portis

thats y u got dumb ass kids,they look up the to these people,and see what they learn

HalfBaked
05-22-2007, 01:42 PM
Portis went to Miami...

That shows his character.

Extrememustang
05-22-2007, 01:45 PM
blah blah blah its cruel. Thats what these dogs were bred to do if they didnt want to fight they wouldn't try to kill each other in the ring. Im so sick and tired of people flippin their shit about some fucking animals that were bred to die when there are fucking human s all over this damned planet dying for no fucking reason
Its called MADE TO FIGHT JACKASS, I guess though your one of those ignorant ass people who do it as well. I would love to rub hot glue on my knuckles and dip it in glass shards and punch the fuck out of you.

OneSlow5pt0
05-22-2007, 01:54 PM
Portis went to Miami...

That shows his character.

^^very true

just like sean taylor beat his GF then wouldnt talk to Joe Gibbs the whole off season,and nobody cared:thinking:

DrivenMind
05-22-2007, 03:16 PM
I don't give a fuck how good at football the guy is.

He deserves to be locked up just like every other simple minded criminal.
End of story.

Get your shit straight, there are for more humans on this planet than there ever should be. Animals aren't "bred to die" any more than people are; and the stupid fucking people that actually believe, that all animals are for "dying", should just go ahead, and end themselves in an attempt at aiding in population control.

DrivenMind
05-22-2007, 03:19 PM
Goddam, if they lock Vick up, the Falcons area dead. Hell, he's the entire team.

Well then it really is a pitty he's that fucking stupid.

Mike Lowrey
05-22-2007, 03:30 PM

I believe that they are dumb to start with....Why? Don't know, some people have yet to grow up, learn lessons, etc. It is really sad how you can take a "grown" man (I use that term loosely) and see how little he has matured over the years. Frankly, I've seen some 10 year olds that are more mature than most "grown" men.

Extrememustang
05-22-2007, 06:51 PM
I don't give a fuck how good at football the guy is.

He deserves to be locked up just like every other simple minded criminal.
End of story.

Get your shit straight, there are for more humans on this planet than there ever should be. Animals aren't "bred to die" any more than people are; and the stupid fucking people that actually believe, that all animals are for "dying", should just go ahead, and end themselves in an attempt at aiding in population control.

I agree

jfman
05-22-2007, 07:36 PM
You can take a hood rat out of the hood and give him millions of dollars but he will remain a hood rat.

99WS6
05-23-2007, 02:52 PM
Mike Vick is piece of shit! The only reason he is anything is because he is a black quarterback and plays football in Atlanta which sells tickets. What has he done for the team besides cause problems? Has he carried the team to the SuperBowl? We had a 7-9 season yeah that's really great. OK so he can run the ball, that's great he runs the ball for 100 yds and throws for 100 while Tom Brady runs for 30 but throws for 300 which one would you want to have as a QUARTERBACK!

As a person he is just as stupid as any common gangsta wanna be on the street. Just because he has money doesn't change the fact that he is still a common thug. If not for football he would be picking up my trash for a living.

As for dog fighting anyone who wants to force two dogs to fight is an idiot who needs to fulfill there own insecurities of being a wuss by feeling like a big man because they have a tuff dog. If they like to fight so much why don't they train to fight and compete in an MMA event?

OneSlow5pt0
05-23-2007, 03:02 PM
^^agreed...i hate vick,he belongs in jail not on a football field..id rather go back to the days when we had the good uniforms and chris chandler for QB and have those 3-13 seasons,rather than go to the playoffs with vick