PDA

View Full Version : Misc For Cigar smokers

AnthonyF
05-21-2007, 08:07 AM
I found a great website.

http://cubancrafters.com/

if u like u like if not u not. just another site i found that has some ok shit. :):goodjob:

Spectic Tank
05-21-2007, 08:41 AM
I ususally spend about >$1 for my cigars. Can't pay more for the cigar than what goes in it.

Sayajin
05-21-2007, 03:03 PM
Are you sure they are true Cubans and not Nicaraguan or Dominican?

-Sayajin

Kyle
05-21-2007, 09:54 PM
Update us on the quality. I wouldnt be comfortable buying cigars like that.

ShooterMcGavin
05-21-2007, 09:57 PM
ummmmm yeah i don't know about that...

AnthonyF
05-21-2007, 09:58 PM
so far have been pretty good. i've had some great cigars at a friends house that is ginormous collector and they hold up to his

Sayajin
05-22-2007, 11:55 AM
so far have been pretty good. i've had some great cigars at a friends house that is ginormous collector and they hold up to his

Humm... I would personally bet that they are Dominican or Nicaraguan then....

I have had a number of Cubans, and they are DAMN close... people dont really buy Cubans because they are so much better, more so they can SAY that they are smoking a Cuban.

I bet if I hand you a good Cuban and a good Dominican of the same brand, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Not a bash on you, just how it is.

-Sayajin

Kyle
05-22-2007, 11:00 PM
Yeah basically Cubans are as popular as they are simply because they are hard to get. They are by no means the best cigars out there, but a lot of people seem to think that.

240sxautox
05-22-2007, 11:11 PM
I had a CAO MX2 the other day, it was nice but it didn't even compare to this little cigar that was hand rolled in st. petersburg, and another from miami that I smoked while down on spring break- they were $7 and just so incredible. I love cigars though, just nice to sit down in a cigar lounge and have a good conversation over a cigar and a drink. But you are definitely correct- cubans are only super popular because they are hard to get, they used to be popular because they were very potent and very well crafted- but that epic had it's time, now it's just turned into nearly a fad.

koukis14
05-22-2007, 11:59 PM
I never liked cigars till I had a real Cuban. I was amazed, it didn't taste like I just chewed on burned cow shit.

Kyle
05-23-2007, 12:02 AM
I never liked cigars till I had a real Cuban. I was amazed, it didn't taste like I just chewed on burned cow shit.
Umm :thinking: what cigar did you have that tasted like "burned cow shit"? Also are you familiar with that taste?

koukis14
05-23-2007, 12:32 AM
Umm :thinking: what cigar did you have that tasted like "burned cow shit"? Also are you familiar with that taste?

Philly blunts, white owl, you know gas station cigars. As far as how I know what that tastes lie....im from the country.

Kyle
05-23-2007, 12:39 AM
Philly blunts, white owl, you know gas station cigars. As far as how I know what that tastes lie....im from the country.
Ohh....yeah phillys are gross as hell. :upchuck:

koukis14
05-23-2007, 12:47 AM
Ohh....yeah phillys are gross as hell. :upchuck:

I had my first Cohiba when I went to Belize with me parents in high school, it was so good. Also the fact that I could sit at the bar with my dad at 17 was cool too. They had them down there for about $25, like I said I was wowed it tasted so good. Ever since then my parents bring a few back every year when the go down, but I quit smoking so no more for me.

Sayajin
05-23-2007, 06:33 AM
Kouki,

The reason you liked the Cuban so much is because it is the first REAL cigar you had. Those gas station ones arent good for anything other than rolling a blunt. I didint even KNOW people actually tried to smoke them alone.

Also, keep in mind Cohiba makes more than just Cubans. As I stated above, I bet if I gave someone both, they couldnt tell the difference.

Now dont get my wrong, a Cuban is a great cigar, matter of fact I have a few left in my humidor, however they are not the holy grail of cigars that they used to be.

-Sayajin

ShooterMcGavin
05-23-2007, 09:32 AM
also keep in mind there's more than 1 cohiba brand....the yellow band cuban and the red dot dominican.

joesblk_teg
05-23-2007, 10:27 AM
i love cigars and i agree about cuba not exactly what its made out to be. i have had a cohiba from cuba and one from the dominican republic and both were really good. but how do yall like yalls cigars? do yall like a more mild taste or a stronger cigar?

ShooterMcGavin
05-23-2007, 10:32 AM
depends, sometimes i like a nice smooth mild one, other times i go for a full flavored maduro.

Sayajin
05-23-2007, 03:54 PM
Im a full bodied murado man,

I really like the Partagas Black, probably one of my favorites.

I will smoke a light one if I have to, but only if there is no other choice. To me a light cigar just tastes like smoke.

-Sayajin

Kyle
05-23-2007, 10:10 PM
Another question; how much do yall typically spend on a cigar?

Sayajin
05-23-2007, 10:20 PM
I normally dont buy individual cigars, I almost always buy boxes.

The unit price would probably be about $3-4 each. Keeping in mind thats technically buying in bulk tho.

-Sayajin

240sxautox
05-23-2007, 10:37 PM
i like a nice full bodied cigar normally. I'll spend up to $15ish on a good cigar, if i plan on purely smoking a cigar with friends and maybe playing some poker or getting a few drinks in us. But if I'm out socializing I'll stick to something mid-range on price, in the $8ish dollar range. I don't mind splurging on a good cigar, back at the highschool graduation I had to buy myself an Arturo Fuente forbidden opus X. It was a bit pricey... as in over $100 lol but I was graduating, so I said fuck it why not waste my money and splurge before I have to watch that account balance. It was good, but I can't deny a cheaper cigar was almost as good.

Sayajin
05-23-2007, 10:55 PM
i like a nice full bodied cigar normally. I'll spend up to $15ish on a good cigar, if i plan on purely smoking a cigar with friends and maybe playing some poker or getting a few drinks in us. But if I'm out socializing I'll stick to something mid-range on price, in the $8ish dollar range. I don't mind splurging on a good cigar, back at the highschool graduation I had to buy myself an Arturo Fuente forbidden opus X. It was a bit pricey... as in over $100 lol but I was graduating, so I said fuck it why not waste my money and splurge before I have to watch that account balance. It was good, but I can't deny a cheaper cigar was almost as good.

Im assuming that at the prices you are talking about, the top ones, not the OPUS X, that you normally buy individual cigars as opposed to boxes?

-Sayajin

240sxautox
05-24-2007, 08:52 AM
haha yeah individuals- i don't smoke them enough lately to justify buying boxes. Plus my humidor broke- sucks.. But if I bought a box for like 8 bucks, I think that's about philly's blunt prices lol

Sayajin
05-24-2007, 02:25 PM
haha yeah individuals- i don't smoke them enough lately to justify buying boxes. Plus my humidor broke- sucks.. But if I bought a box for like 8 bucks, I think that's about philly's blunt prices lol

LOL! I didint mean paying $8 for the actual box, I meant the unit price was $8. So lets say you bought a box of 20. You paid $160 for the box. lol.

Yea, I bought a new humidor with an external hydrometer a few months back. Cheery wood with glass cover. 2 Row. I love the humidor, but the internal humidifiers suck. I currently have the 2 bar type, im thinking about either getting new bars, or switching types.

-Sayajin

ShooterMcGavin
05-24-2007, 03:04 PM
the oasis or paradigm humidifiers is where it's at, i just don't have a big enough of a humidor and enough money now to justify getting one. as far as cheap cigars tasting like an expensive one? no way, huge difference. in fact i taste a huge difference sometimes btw the midrange to top end cigars, not to mention u can tell very obviously how well they're rolled and how well and evenly they burn.

Sayajin
05-24-2007, 05:34 PM
the oasis or paradigm humidifiers is where it's at, i just don't have a big enough of a humidor and enough money now to justify getting one. as far as cheap cigars tasting like an expensive one? no way, huge difference. in fact i taste a huge difference sometimes btw the midrange to top end cigars, not to mention u can tell very obviously how well they're rolled and how well and evenly they burn.

Shag, we were not discussing the quality of cigars being the same, more the ORIGIN of the cigars.

We are saying that you wont be able to tell the difference smoking a top grade cuban or a top grade Dominican/Nicaraguan.

Obviously there is a clear difference in quality between grades.

-Sayajin

Kyle
05-24-2007, 07:20 PM
I think I may get a humidor. I dont like buying them and having to smoke them quickly. Buying individual cigars gets expensive too. Any reccomendations? Something small and not too pricey. Reps for help.

ShooterMcGavin
05-24-2007, 08:18 PM
Shag, we were not discussing the quality of cigars being the same, more the ORIGIN of the cigars.

We are saying that you wont be able to tell the difference smoking a top grade cuban or a top grade Dominican/Nicaraguan.

Obviously there is a clear difference in quality between grades.

-Sayajin

um, not according to the 240 guy, go back and read his post about what he usually smokes and about how he splurged on a $100 cigar but can't deny a cheaper cigar tastes just as good...