PDA

View Full Version : help changing MTF on 92 prelude!!

MJ_lude
05-20-2007, 12:40 PM
hey guys, just bought a 92 lude and im wanting to change the MTF. only problem is i cant find the filler bolt. i think i see the drain(its got a 3/8 square hole on it for ratchet) but where do i fill it at? someone said a 17mm bolt covers the hole but i cant fine it. any help out there!??!!??! if any one knows where to find it i would appreciate it. thanx

Evil Goat
05-20-2007, 01:05 PM
iirc the drain hole is the fill hole, you fill it until it starts to pour out of the hole, dont hold me to that though, google is your friend

koukis14
05-21-2007, 12:51 AM
hey guys, just bought a 92 lude and im wanting to change the MTF. only problem is i cant find the filler bolt. i think i see the drain(its got a 3/8 square hole on it for ratchet) but where do i fill it at? someone said a 17mm bolt covers the hole but i cant fine it. any help out there!??!!??! if any one knows where to find it i would appreciate it. thanx

Don't quote me I think the filler should look the same as the drain. Or you just fill it up in the dipstick tube.....if it has one. If it does have a filler plug(it should) it is going to be towards the top of the trans. I don't work on a lot of Hondas so buy a repair manual, they are your friend. Good Luck

SLow_POke
05-21-2007, 12:58 AM
Lik eMr org said .. you drain plug is the same as your filler plug .