PDA

View Full Version : body work

TheGrillMan
05-19-2007, 11:19 PM
ok a few questions it has some rust not a shit ton but enough what steps would i take to sand down the entire body and primer it it doesnt have to be perfect just enough to get by with primer

also cause i do it like fender at a time?

any tools that i should have to acomplish this?

reps given for anwsers

pm me if neccary

mxglory258
05-19-2007, 11:24 PM
Cut the rust out, weld patches in. Take a grinder with a flexible pad on it and grind it mostly smooth. Then use bondo to get most of the smoothness back into it. (you can't get around using bondo for it).

sand the whole car down then. then primer.

I would have like 400, 320, 240, and 80 grit paper.

GSRtegŪ
05-20-2007, 12:45 AM
Sounds good man

Cut the rust out, weld patches in. Take a grinder with a flexible pad on it and grind it mostly smooth. Then use bondo to get most of the smoothness back into it. (you can't get around using bondo for it).

sand the whole car down then. then primer.

I would have like 400, 320, 240, and 80 grit paper.

David88vert
05-20-2007, 06:26 AM
Even easier. Buy New Old Stock for anything you can (like fenders). They are usually aftermarket fenders /hoods/door skins/etc. made for the car. Usually, you can get them pretty cheap. Check with Fenders and More (local). This route costs a little more initially, but will save you a ton in the long run. If you don't use a rust killer in places where rust once lived, it will come back, and spread to new spots. Replacing simple items like fenders with remove it completely.

mxglory258
05-20-2007, 08:12 AM
Sounds good man
Thanks. Eventually, i'll be doing my CRX. Probably in the very near future. Or it'll still be rollin in a rattle can paint job! lol

TheGrillMan
05-20-2007, 12:25 PM
Even easier. Buy New Old Stock for anything you can (like fenders). They are usually aftermarket fenders /hoods/door skins/etc. made for the car. Usually, you can get them pretty cheap. Check with Fenders and More (local). This route costs a little more initially, but will save you a ton in the long run. If you don't use a rust killer in places where rust once lived, it will come back, and spread to new spots. Replacing simple items like fenders with remove it completely.

i think im going to look into that cbeacuse right now i allready ahev 2 fenders and 2 doors