PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods different turbos different sizes

ninabl
05-17-2007, 06:53 PM
just looking for a cheap turbo or somthing to play with
going to play with a sbc 305 if i blow it up i dont care i am building another motor
what stock turbo (what kind of car) would be somthing i should be looking for?
a guy at work has twin turbos (stock from a dodge stealth) and a stock turbo off a 02 wrx
i dont know much about turbos so just looking for somthing to play with
i dont have alot of money right know so thats why i am playing with stock used shit
any oke know what it takes to get them to spool up and what psi they will push?
thanks
nick

CHADbee
05-17-2007, 10:46 PM
if its gonna be on a small block chevy, i'd go with a holset hx35 off a desiel truck.

google holset and read.

Big J
05-18-2007, 08:52 AM
Unless you go with a pretty big single turbo you'll need a dual setup. Your biggest concern on a v-8 the exhaust housing for starters. You'll need to size a single for 5 liters, or if you go dual it's more like sizing for 2 2.5 liter 4 cylinders. If you're looking for cheap, you can get some chinese turbos off of ebay to play with for under $200 each. It's a lot better to buy some cheap chinese turbos than buying somthing from a friend that's just sized totally wrong. But any way you go about it it's not going to be cheap...........

for duals get these (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/T3-T4-T04E-Turbocharger-63-A-R-Turbo-CIVIC-EX-B16-New_W0QQitemZ250113044581QQihZ015QQcategoryZ33742Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

for a single get this one (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/T3-T4-T04B-Turbocharger-Turbo-SUPRA-ARISTO-2JZGTE_W0QQitemZ290114473722QQihZ019QQcategoryZ337 42QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

If you're serious I've allways wanted to twin turbo a v-8

Ch0ng!
05-18-2007, 02:00 PM
just looking for a cheap turbo or somthing to play with
going to play with a sbc 305 if i blow it up i dont care i am building another motor
what stock turbo (what kind of car) would be somthing i should be looking for?
a guy at work has twin turbos (stock from a dodge stealth) and a stock turbo off a 02 wrx
i dont know much about turbos so just looking for somthing to play with
i dont have alot of money right know so thats why i am playing with stock used shit
any oke know what it takes to get them to spool up and what psi they will push?
thanks
nick

twin 4g63 (evo 8 motor) 16g's. cheap.

stock turbos off of wrx's are not only complicated due to their IHI hot side, but too small.