PDA

View Full Version : General Chat F20c in an AE86

joeblo
05-17-2007, 11:13 AM
check out the new honda tuning magazine. there is a write up of them fabricating a s2000 motor into the famous toyota drift car. bad ass!!!

Dietcoke
05-17-2007, 12:25 PM
Famous toyota drift car?

Ugly corolla pos?

Eh, guess its the same to some people. I still dont get it.

cactusEG
05-17-2007, 07:46 PM
yea i think i've see that car in mag's.. and an sr20 in a AE86

1SOL2NV
05-20-2007, 01:11 PM
theres a f20c swapped into a AE86 in augusta running around

TIGERJC
05-20-2007, 05:37 PM
Famous toyota drift car?

Ugly corolla pos?

U own a saturn so dont talk about ugly until you get rid of your ugly pos

Dietcoke
05-20-2007, 06:06 PM
Yes. I own a saturn. People don't even look at my car. Hell, they dont stare. They GAWK at it. See a doctor. We're not talking about me, sorry if personal attacks are your thing.

Misplaced emphasis ftl. The original post title is worded to say a honda s2000 motor in a an old corolla. I guess it depends on what you consider famous. It's used to drift, solely because its a RWD platform. Don't understand how that makes it famous. WOWZERS it has an F20c in it. That's awesome. +1 for more go, but its still not a "famous drift car."

Caroll Shelby's original GT500 is a famous car.
Dale Earnhardt's(rip) wrecked car is a famous car.
Hitler's personal Volkswagen race car is a famous car.
A toyota corolla with an F20 series motor isnt.

TigerJC your post fails to deliver.

TIGERJC
05-20-2007, 06:18 PM
TigerJC your post fails to deliver.
:lmfao:

GangstaCoupe
05-20-2007, 06:23 PM
They GAWK at it.

Kinda like the gawk at the ugly ass corolla?

Dietcoke
05-20-2007, 06:49 PM
Kinda like the gawk at the ugly ass corolla?

I've never witnessed anyone gawk at a corolla. Not to say there's not a super sweet corolla out there that even I wouldn't gawk at. But, in its usage here, no. Not kinda like gawk at all. :thinking:

TIGERJC
05-20-2007, 07:13 PM
I've never witnessed anyone gawk at a corolla. Not to say there's not a super sweet corolla out there that even I wouldn't gawk at. But, in its usage here, no. Not kinda like gawk at all. :thinking:
No one gawks at Saturns

Dietcoke
05-20-2007, 07:28 PM
No one gawks at Saturns

Crawl out of your hole and go drive one. You might be surprised. :blah:

TIGERJC
05-20-2007, 07:55 PM
Crawl out of your hole and go drive one. You might be surprised. :blah:
I will never go to a saturn dealership. I bet you get all excited when you see shiny things, simple mind FTL

Dietcoke
05-20-2007, 08:14 PM
Correlate shiny with saturn for me. I'm not drawing the line between the two. Two posts that fail to deliver in one thread. Outstanding.

All this saturn bashing and not a single meaningful reply as to why the corolla is a "famous" drift car. I take back the posts comment. This thread fails to deliver.

AE86 Dorifto
05-20-2007, 08:32 PM
Dude. WTF. You have never driven a Corolla have you? And if you have it was probably stock except a fart-can and lowering springs. The AE86 is a good car. Maybe it's not the greatest car, but it sure handles VERY well and is right up there with the BMW E30. It's a very fun car to drive too. It also weights 2,100 lbs. Don't talk shit about things you don't know. BTW you and everyone else knows what it is so it must be famous.

Dietcoke
05-20-2007, 09:09 PM
All of which I can agree with. But I still dont see what makes it famous in the traditional sense.

1SOL2NV
05-21-2007, 12:16 AM
this "Thread fails to deliver " Lol .... FTMFW

afwfjustin
05-21-2007, 11:40 PM
I'd rather have a stock AE86 than any Saturn, including the sky or redline :)

speedminded
05-29-2007, 03:42 PM
Dude. WTF. You have never driven a Corolla have you? And if you have it was probably stock except a fart-can and lowering springs. The AE86 is a good car. Maybe it's not the greatest car, but it sure handles VERY well and is right up there with the BMW E30. It's a very fun car to drive too. It also weights 2,100 lbs. Don't talk shit about things you don't know. BTW you and everyone else knows what it is so it must be famous.lol, they're cheaper than a E30 yet in the 4+ years i've crewed SCCA and NASA I have not seen one out on road courses: from VIR to Charlotte, to Road Atlanta, Daytona, Homestead, Sebring, Barber, etc...

JDMrequired
06-10-2007, 10:48 AM
Misplaced emphasis ftl. The original post title is worded to say a honda s2000 motor in a an old corolla. I guess it depends on what you consider famous. It's used to drift, solely because its a RWD platform. Don't understand how that makes it famous. WOWZERS it has an F20c in it. That's awesome. +1 for more go, but its still not a "famous drift car."

:blah: :no:

It is a famous drift car if u know anything about the history of drifting. The AE86 Trueno.......(same as a corrola) is the car that "Drift King" Keichi Tsuchiya first drove while he was experimenting with the art of drifting in Japan. Anyone who knows anything about motorsports in general would recognize the AE86 as a famous drift car.

TTT :taun:

Dietcoke
06-12-2007, 01:08 PM
Ask any red white and blue bleeding southerner where drifting came from and they'll tell you a pickup truck on a rainy day. Which came first.... drifting or dirt track racing.

.::UNKNOWN::.
06-12-2007, 03:10 PM
Ask any red white and blue bleeding southerner where drifting came from and they'll tell you a pickup truck on a rainy day. Which came first.... drifting or dirt track racing. drifting and dirt track racing are 2 complete opposite styles of racing....... i have driven dirt track and i have tried to "drift" i can say it is 2 different things...what i am getting at i am good on a dirt track very bad at drifting.... and if you make a smart ass remark about me being a "red white and blue bleeding southerner" i grew up on a farm dipped since i was 10 and yes the first car i drove had metal repair tape holding the muffler on........ those where my sad days...... thank god i finally crawed out of the primorital (however you spell it) ooze

Brady
06-12-2007, 03:18 PM
jacob over at everything drift shot this car:
http://www.everythingdrift.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=146&Itemid=30
Eric O'sullivan is from Ireland and runs in competitions over there. The sr20 corolla is Darren Mcnamarra who also runs in Ireland and now in Formula D.

Dietcoke
06-12-2007, 03:20 PM
The southerner analogy wasnt a diss. I'm simply trying to state that no one "created" drift (drift king? lol get the fzck out of here) with a corolla. It's been around since rwd and horsepower were brought together.

JDMrequired
06-12-2007, 07:23 PM
Ask any red white and blue bleeding southerner where drifting came from and they'll tell you a pickup truck on a rainy day. Which came first.... drifting or dirt track racing.

.................so do these true americans you speak of know what a shift lock drift or even a feint drift? does this mean that a pickup truck on a rainy day is a famous drift car rather than an eight six?

Dietcoke
06-13-2007, 12:24 AM
.................so do these true americans you speak of know what a shift lock drift or even a feint drift? does this mean that a pickup truck on a rainy day is a famous drift car rather than an eight six?

The point I was trying oh so desperately to make was that the ae86 has no claim to being the first drift car or anything remotely close to it.

disrupt
06-13-2007, 03:29 AM

Caroll Shelby's original GT500 is a famous car.
Dale Earnhardt's(rip) wrecked car is a famous car.
Hitler's personal Volkswagen race car is a famous car.
A toyota corolla with an F20 series motor isnt.

ignorant post(and you're gonna try and call me a hypocrite for the nascar/trailertrash comment below, but don't bother, i dont care). what constitutes a 'famous car' varies greatly from culture to culture(or this case subculture). barely any people give two fucks about drifting outside the import scene, just like nobody gives two fucks about nascar outside the double-wide trailer scene.

yerrow
06-13-2007, 05:28 AM
the japanese didn'tcreate drifting. they were just the 1st to really organize it and the 86 was one of their cars of choice...simple as that

Dietcoke
06-13-2007, 05:37 AM
ignorant post(and you're gonna try and call me a hypocrite for the nascar/trailertrash comment below, but don't bother, i dont care). what constitutes a 'famous car' varies greatly from culture to culture(or this case subculture). barely any people give two fucks about drifting outside the import scene, just like nobody gives two fucks about nascar outside the double-wide trailer scene.

So we agree to disagree. I dont give two fucks about nascar, or drifting. I brought dale into it because he's everywhere. you see him on billboards, tv, in stores, on t shirts, etc. I consider that famous. I've never seen an ae86 on anything in the media, and maybe once or twice at import meets or a racetrack. Once again it comes down to how you quantify fame.

Your not a hypocrite, but your post fails to deliver. I dont see what your trying to get at outside of you having a different thought process then me.

Dietcoke
06-13-2007, 05:40 AM
the japanese didn'tcreate drifting. they were just the 1st to really organize it and the 86 was one of their cars of choice...simple as that

Agreed.

Reps for posting something intelligent in this thread. :goodjob:

Capt._Ron
06-13-2007, 06:17 AM
I will admit that yes at first I thought that the Duke boys power sliding the General Lee around Georgia back country roads was where drifting first started but thats not really drifting. And like the other guy in this thread yes i grew up on a 350 acre dairy farm where I started hauling hay at age 9 in a 4 speed f250 pick up. But just because you dont know shit about drifting or the AE86 corolla dont call it a piece of shit. I will admit that not to many people do anything with them over here. There isnt that good of an american aftermarket and a clean GTS is hard to come by but there has to be something good about the cars if they go for a lot more than a skyline in japan. The car is like 23 years old or so in its design and the little things still compete in professional drifting. Ask someone who has an AE86 and they will tell you that for the most part its a love affair with the little cars (I should say love/hate cause they break alot). If you want to get some good drifting info you can download a pretty good version of the drift bible on ares or whatever

boosted_nonv
06-13-2007, 11:42 AM
im not even getting in this shit too many ignorant comments about the AE86, you guys need to do research, Triniboy out

JDMrequired
06-13-2007, 02:21 PM
If you want to get some good drifting info you can download a pretty good version of the drift bible on ares or whatever

what he said. watch drift bible and u will see Keichi Tsuchiya. he was also in Tokyo Drift(he was sitting on the edge of the docks while the american guy practiced drifting & he did some of the drift stunts.) .......& yes he did "invent" drifting as a sport. Yes, Bo & luke did power overs in the dirt..........along with plenty of others all over the world before the AE86 was even a blueprint......but it wasn't drifting as we know it.

DoriDori
06-13-2007, 06:37 PM
Famous toyota drift car?

Ugly corolla pos?

:no:

disrupt
06-14-2007, 06:44 PM
So we agree to disagree. I dont give two fucks about nascar, or drifting. I brought dale into it because he's everywhere. you see him on billboards, tv, in stores, on t shirts, etc. I consider that famous. I've never seen an ae86 on anything in the media, and maybe once or twice at import meets or a racetrack. Once again it comes down to how you quantify fame.

Your not a hypocrite, but your post fails to deliver. I dont see what your trying to get at outside of you having a different thought process then me.
what i was getting at was that the ae86 is famous in it's own right, and you're ignorant for disregarding it.

it's not on billboards because drifting isn't completely mainstream in america, while nascar is. it's not about thought processes, it's about cultural(although maybe not that broad) differences.