PDA

View Full Version : Built Nitrous Camaro Vs crappy Auto Supra

RUSH
05-16-2007, 09:24 AM
This has been awhile back, but this section is slow so I will post this up. It was back in January of 2006 so it was pretty chilli out! Both of the videos are of the same race, one in car and one at the 1/8 mark. I was on 18" hard tires and he was on 15" full slicks with two burnouts. I gave him the jump...or pretty much I yelled GO, and he went 5 seconds later...lol... I told him before we raced that I would just go when he went so there was no "You jumped me" crap from him(I also gave him a half a car start to). I think at the time his car was a low to mid 7sec car in the 1/8 and pushing 543rwhp give or take a few. I was running 21psi on pump which is around 500-520ish'rwhp.

http://www.mountainboost.com/videos/rushgmincar.avi

At the first of this vid it looks like one car is sitting there, but its actually two.
http://www.mountainboost.com/videos/rushvsgm.mpg

Nothing crazy but just something to watch I guess!

TIGERJC
05-16-2007, 10:49 AM
I wish there was better view of the race, good kill on pump gas

RUSH
05-16-2007, 10:51 AM
Yeah I just had the camera mounted in the car, it was just me in there. One of my friends was at the 1/8 videoing

jtownaccord
05-16-2007, 10:51 AM
Nice kill

99WS6
05-17-2007, 03:06 PM
Good job on beating the driver not the car. The guy spun though 1st missed 2nd let out then got back in it again and you still only won buy 1/2 a car. Props to you for the win but I think with equal drivers you would lose that race. A built sprayed LS1 on slicks should run bottom 10's no problem. :2cents:

RUSH
05-17-2007, 03:23 PM
Good job on beating the driver not the car. The guy spun though 1st missed 2nd let out then got back in it again and you still only won buy 1/2 a car. Props to you for the win but I think with equal drivers you would lose that race. A built sprayed LS1 on slicks should run bottom 10's no problem. :2cents:

Dont think so man, did you not read up top, I gave him all I could. I didnt even have my car spooled where it needed to be because I didnt know when he was gonna hit it. I have a set of 50-75ft+ black marks where we raced, and I think he caught better traction then me, and dont the Supras suck from a dig?!?

The guy filming said I had 2 cars on him at the 1/8.

RUSH
05-17-2007, 03:33 PM
Also a 540hp+ Manual camaro is not gonna run low 10's!

99WS6
05-17-2007, 03:34 PM
Your car may be super fast I don't know but in that race the guy went no where in 1st, let out in 2nd hit it spun again and in your video you are just a little a head. All I'm saying is that a built, sprayed, slicked LS1 will run bottom 10's all day long not mid 7's in the eighth. So either the car is mis-represented, has a bad driver or you have a high 9 low 10 sec car. I mean you did give him a car lenght, the jump and where not spooled up.

99WS6
05-17-2007, 03:43 PM
Also a 540hp+ Manual camaro is not gonna run low 10's!

OK you just keep thinking that:goodjob: Thacker ran an 11.64 @ 117 with 376hp with nothing but a cam and bolt ons.

Do some research man get on LS1tech and see what they really run. I think that you will change your mind. I'm not bashing your car just stating some facts.

RUSH
05-17-2007, 03:54 PM
He is a bad driver, cant see at night and sort of on the strange side, , but he has ran mid 7's in the 1/8 before, and is faster now I believe or so Ive heard, but im still faster...ha. The times you think my car will run are pretty close!lol

RUSH
05-17-2007, 04:18 PM
OK you just keep thinking that:goodjob: Thacker ran an 11.64 @ 117 with 376hp with nothing but a cam and bolt ons.

Do some research man get on LS1tech and see what they really run. I think that you will change your mind. I'm not bashing your car just stating some facts.

Congrats to Thacker, but he's still a fag!

Im not bashing the camaro's/TA's either, cause the dudes car runs real good, but he has not seen 10's with it, an I dont think it coulda ran 10's at the time. Maybe he just added a few HP somewhere.... Its been done numrous times!