PDA

View Full Version : pics of newly painted wheels *i suck*

JDM onlyy
05-15-2007, 09:55 PM
Well this is my friends car and we decided to paint his wheels. My first time ever painting wheels. Check it out.

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t115/jdmonlyy/11.jpg

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t115/jdmonlyy/1.jpg

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t115/jdmonlyy/6.jpg

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t115/jdmonlyy/2.jpg

Kamikaze
05-15-2007, 09:58 PM
I see this is starting to be a trend.

JDM onlyy
05-15-2007, 10:08 PM
well ive been wanting to do this to my LS meshes for a LONG TIME. but i havent got my damn wheels cause my friend wont go them like he said and I don't have any money for paint. so my friend decided to do it first.

WhiteAccord
05-15-2007, 10:47 PM
Not bad.. just needs a drop

phongt12
05-15-2007, 11:06 PM
I'm just being completely honest here, but that is a terrible paint job. The red lip doesn't look even, and it doesn't look like the rims were powder coated beforehand. It is a step in the right direction though.

JDM onlyy
05-15-2007, 11:18 PM
I'm just being completely honest here, but that is a terrible paint job. The red lip doesn't look even, and it doesn't look like the rims were powder coated beforehand. It is a step in the right direction though.

Lol, doesn't hurt my feelings. I already know this sucks and the lip really isn't even. It's my first time and I didn't know how to make the lip even seeing as how the tape is straight and the wheel has curves...Lol. Plus the wheel doesnt even have a lip, so it made it a lot harder. I'm a noob at painting wheels so I don't really care.

Doppelgänger
05-16-2007, 08:11 AM
black/red bandwagon FTL

DieselNuts
05-16-2007, 08:20 AM
black/red bandwagon FTL
for real. get original people...

JennB
05-16-2007, 08:24 AM
black/red bandwagon FTL

And you wonder why I'm thinking of selling mine.

I had mine custom painted over a year and a half ago and until then, I had only seen wheels like that on a couple of Evo's.... and Evo wheels won't fit my car.

I wish people would things that match with the rest of their car. Like the other car with a red lip wheel.... the car is silver... is there red anywhere on the car? Don't do something cause someone else had it and it looked good.... do it because it fits with the car, change it up and make it more original.

william_jeff
05-16-2007, 08:25 AM

the paint job is horrible

good job on trying to accomplish the red lip is a large feat for a person who has just starting painting, good job on TRYING to accomplish the lip. but IMO, leave it off and just give it a nice black paint, or whatever color you go for

gtikid
05-16-2007, 09:40 AM
Good job on your first try. People seem to have forgotten that this is your first time painting wheels. For your first try, they don't look too bad. Yea you could use a little bit heavier coats of paint on the insides, but that is something that'll come with time, trust me ;)

As far as the red lip goes, it's decent, far from terrible. It's hard making a lip, you just gotta learn how to work the tape, and again that'll come with time ;) Besides, i'm pretty sure they'll look good while rolling, no one should be looking at your car up close anyways ;)

O and next time, you use some sand paper :goodjob:

JDM onlyy
05-16-2007, 09:06 PM
And you wonder why I'm thinking of selling mine.

I had mine custom painted over a year and a half ago and until then, I had only seen wheels like that on a couple of Evo's.... and Evo wheels won't fit my car.

I wish people would things that match with the rest of their car. Like the other car with a red lip wheel.... the car is silver... is there red anywhere on the car? Don't do something cause someone else had it and it looked good.... do it because it fits with the car, change it up and make it more original.

Lol, so the red and black doesn't match with the car? It's not made to match the outside of the car. It matches the inside...but whatever. Everyone's opinion and i don't care. Like i said, first time...so what do you expect? You can say what you will and whatever but I think its alright, could be better but oh well.

burke420
05-17-2007, 12:32 AM
soo.. you say red/blk is not a good combo.. i mean.. with a new combo.. ill choose in the future.. gold coulkd be.. blue..maybe.. well.. the color wheel is at your fingertips! and so will my next set of new rims... but itll be a lil while.. the red rotas work fine on my EM2

Krappy
05-17-2007, 05:53 PM
wasnt this car at vinhbodyshop?

Doppelgänger
05-17-2007, 06:45 PM
be different, do a bright orange lip.

BTLFED
05-17-2007, 06:48 PM
Why are people doing this? THOSE AREN'T MUGEN RNRS! This "trend" needs to move on. :rolleyes:

Doppelgänger
05-17-2007, 06:54 PM
Lol, so the red and black doesn't match with the car? It's not made to match the outside of the car. It matches the inside...but whatever. Everyone's opinion and i don't care. Like i said, first time...so what do you expect? You can say what you will and whatever but I think its alright, could be better but oh well.
LOL.....

Its in the details, You should have painted the inside of the barrel black too... looks like shit with just th eface being black. Also, the centercaps look out of place.. paint them black and sand off the H emblem.

So what else is done to the car?

kpc2593
05-20-2007, 02:47 AM
Naw...that sh** is straight...looks just like if the manufacturer was painting them rims....

preferredduck
05-20-2007, 12:01 PM
black/red bandwagon FTL

must be a dawgs fan!! :lmfao: :lmfao:

mxglory258
05-20-2007, 01:44 PM
I'm proud to say, that ALL of my cars have been red and black lol. It will not change either :)

That paint..wow dude. To much in some area's, then u stayed light in others. The red line..way out of proportion. Sand em down and do it again. Atleast the red. The black can be salvaged with a little wet sanding and an even coat. Or wet sand and get some paint polish and bring em back to a shine.

gtikid
05-20-2007, 02:19 PM
I'm proud to say, that ALL of my cars have been red and black lol. It will not change either :)

That paint..wow dude. To much in some area's, then u stayed light in others. The red line..way out of proportion. Sand em down and do it again. Atleast the red. The black can be salvaged with a little wet sanding and an even coat. Or wet sand and get some paint polish and bring em back to a shine.

Good advice :goodjob:

He'll slowly learn that with time, hopefully :yes:

i4_garage
05-20-2007, 02:40 PM
ok ...i ma step in an get my friend's back...they have mess it up a little bit and he has brought the wheels to me, I have finish one of the wheel. I will do the rest when he have time to leave the car. I assure u they are not wat they are now :)

mxglory258
05-20-2007, 02:57 PM
ok ...i ma step in an get my friend's back...they have mess it up a little bit and he has brought the wheels to me, I have finish one of the wheel. I will do the rest when he have time to leave the car. I assure u they are not wat they are now :)
No need for getting his back. It was all constructive criticism. Hopefully he'll read up, realize where he made some mistakes, then he'll be able to correct them next time. No biggie.

preferredduck
05-20-2007, 03:02 PM
dude, way better job than i can do on my 8th try, i suck at painting for some reason!!! even my model cars came out like shit when i was younger!!!

i4_garage
05-20-2007, 03:04 PM
^^hahhaha everyone have to learn some way or another...but for sure everyway will yield mistakes :) ... hopefully he will post the one that i just finish painting for him :)

imbosile
05-20-2007, 03:22 PM
id like to see the newly painted one

Shawna
05-20-2007, 04:14 PM
Why are people doing this? THOSE AREN'T MUGEN RNRS! This "trend" needs to move on. :rolleyes:

:umno:
Thank You I was thinking that same thing Chris...I really dont get it/or like it BUT props for trying something you've never done before :goodjob: