PDA

View Full Version : That's a lot of dang cookies....

Jaimecbr900
05-15-2007, 01:25 PM
What's this world coming to when even Girl Scout Cookies are getting a bad rap???? :screwy:

This lady has some nerve....check out the highlighted parts.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Ex-Girl Scout Leader Sentenced for Theft
Published: 5/15/07, 1:47 PM EDT

DELAWARE, Ohio (AP) - With her troop members watching, a former Girl Scout leader was sentenced to 60 days in jail for stealing nearly $5,000 they had raised through cookie sales and other fundraisers.

The judge told Teresa Wickline at her sentencing Monday that she could serve her jail time on weekends. Wickline, 42, also must repay the troop $4,900 within six months and perform 150 hours of community service.

One girl wiped away tears as Wickline faced the young victims - wearing their green vests and sashes - in the first row of the gallery.

"I'd like to apologize to the girls and to the parents for not keeping better records," she told them.

Delaware County Common Pleas Court Judge W. Duncan Whitney told Wickline that she wasn't in court just because of bookkeeping problems. "It has been very hard for you to acknowledge that this was not just a bad decision," he said. "This was a criminal act."

Wickline, of Lewis Center, pleaded guilty to a theft charge in March.

Authorities said Wickline used the money to pay for personal expenses, including her cell phone bill. "Five thousand dollars is a lot of Thin Mints," Delaware County Prosecutor Dave Yost said last year after she was charged.

The troop's bookkeeping came under scrutiny after a review found just $8 in its checking account, though more than $5,000 had been raised since 2001. The scouts' regional council discovered bounced checks from the account and alerted authorities.

collins
05-15-2007, 01:30 PM
damn dude, now THATS just messed up! lol dude said "now THATS alot of thin mints!" :lmfao:

Leisa
05-15-2007, 01:32 PM
oh my :eek:

Mike Lowrey
05-15-2007, 02:23 PM
damn dude, now THATS just messed up! lol dude said "now THATS alot of thin mints!" :lmfao:

Mmmm, thin mints......

KAKid240
05-15-2007, 03:23 PM
I had to find a way to make more money...thanks jamie!!

mocha latte cupcake
05-15-2007, 03:26 PM
SHIT.... F the money, the would have had a hella hard time findin all those cookies! lol samoa's (sp?) tag alongs.... man those little girls would be like oh noes, we done run outta cookies

KAKid240
05-15-2007, 03:32 PM
SHIT.... F the money, the would have had a hella hard time findin all those cookies! lol samoa's (sp?) tag alongs.... man those little girls would be like oh noes, we done run outta cookies

you have a point there...i love me some cookies

Ran
05-15-2007, 03:32 PM
lol, I still remember the creepy old dude outside of Wal-Mart during the Talledega Track Day last year.

"There's only one thing I like better than girl scouts, and that's when they graduate." - Creepy Old Redneck

Sol-Badguy
05-15-2007, 03:33 PM
LIRL @ JM

That's still fucking low.