PDA

View Full Version : Miami named rudest city

Jaimecbr900
05-15-2007, 01:19 PM
For driving that is....

Came out today that Miami was named rudest driving city. Atlanta was 12th.

Probably because it's full of Hispanic people......way to represent my brothers and sistas....way to represent...... :D ;) We are pretty aggressive drivers, so I can totally see that.... :D

Miami Holds Top Spot on Rude Driver List
Published: 5/15/07, 9:25 AM EDT
By SARAH LARIMER
MIAMI (AP) - For the second straight year, rude Miami drivers have earned the city the title of worst road rage in a survey released Tuesday.

Miami motorists said they saw other drivers slam on their brakes, run red lights and talk on cell phones, according to AutoVantage, a Connecticut-based automobile membership club offering travel services and roadside assistance.

Other cities near the top of the rude drivers list were New York, Boston, Los Angeles and Washington, D.C.

South Miami resident Erik Pinto told The Associated Press he's probably seen every bad driving habit on Miami's roads.

"You don't want to know what I've seen," Pinto said. "I've seen everything. I'm from L.A., and we don't see the crazy drivers that you see here."

Portland, Ore., drivers were the least likely of the cities to see other motorists tailgating on the roadways, and St. Louis motorists were the least likely to swear at another driver, the survey found.

Minneapolis-St. Paul was rated the most courteous city in 2006 but slipped to the middle of the list this year.

The most frequent cause of road rage cited in the survey was impatient motorists. Drivers also cited poor driving in fast lanes and driving while stressed, frustrated or angry.

"The best piece of advice is to take a deep breath. Slow down, be aware and be careful," AutoVantage spokesman Todd Smith said, adding the aim of the survey is to increase driver safety across the nation.

More than 2,500 drivers who regularly commute in 25 major metropolitan areas were asked to rate road rage and rude driving in telephone surveys between January and March. The survey was conducted by Prince Market Research has a margin of error of plus or minus 2 percentage points.

The list, ranked from those reporting the most incidents of road rage to the fewest:

1. Miami

2. New York

3. Boston

4. Los Angeles

5. Washington, D.C.

6. Phoenix

7. Chicago

8. Sacramento, Calif.

9. Philadelphia

10. San Francisco

11. Houston

12. Atlanta

13. Detroit

14. Minneapolis-St. Paul

15. Baltimore

16. Tampa, Fla.

17. San Diego

18. Cincinnati

19. Cleveland

20. Denver

21. Dallas-Ft. Worth

22. St. Louis

23. Seattle-Tacoma

24. Pittsburgh

25. Portland, Ore.

Mr_Mischif
05-15-2007, 01:23 PM
Weren't we first like 3 years or so ago?

SampaGuy
05-15-2007, 01:24 PM
i love miami

Jaimecbr900
05-15-2007, 01:26 PM
i love miami

I'd like to go someday. :yes:

Leisa
05-15-2007, 01:28 PM

Me too!

Tracy
05-15-2007, 01:32 PM
It's pretty bad there now. We just got back from there like 2 weeks ago. We all actually mentioned how rude the drivers were there. It was prolly a little worse for us in our Chevy 4500 :)

Mike Lowrey
05-15-2007, 02:27 PM
Born and raised in New York. Then lived in Miami.....What does that mean about my driving...... :D

:burnout: :2up: :burnout:

Ran
05-15-2007, 02:31 PM
Probably because it's full of Hispanic people......way to represent my brothers and sistas....way to represent...... :D ;) We are pretty aggressive drivers, so I can totally see that.... :DReally? All the hispanic drivers up here seem pretty laid back, driving their lawncare vans at 35mph in the left lane while talking on their cell phones. :dunno:

ISAtlanta300
05-15-2007, 02:41 PM
Really? All the hispanic drivers up here seem pretty laid back, driving their lawncare vans at 35mph in the left lane while talking on their cell phones. :dunno:

Yea but they are not the 'crazy cubans' from Miami....

twanpd4
06-07-2007, 11:20 AM
lived in FL about 17 yrs of my life and miami is about the worst place ive driven myself ppl dont care. I have ridden in a car in NY and chicago and i would never drive in those cities.

but atl compared to mia theres hardley any accidents here sure 285 is rough if you drive slow but its nothing compared to turnpike or 95 in south miami.

JennB
06-07-2007, 11:29 AM
I've been to almost every one of those cities and I tend to agree. Miami was bad because I don't speak Spanish. Chicago is pretty crazy at times because the drivers are really, really aggressive. No one has ever been rude to me in NYC though :dunno:

Washington is awful.
Philly is great though... people have always been really nice to me there.
I hate L.A. Actually, I'd say they are the worst.

Atlanta_521
06-07-2007, 12:13 PM
I'd say the worst place to drive would be Santo Domingo.
If you don't end up getting killed you would surely kill someone else.

Greddypacked
06-07-2007, 12:25 PM

Me 2 w/ a group of hot girls in string bikini's w/ about 10g's and a Lamborghini Gallardo conv. We would stay in a huge condo on the beach and party all week long.

It takes work but maybe someday lol.

Tmoney770
06-07-2007, 12:36 PM
its really nice down there, i want to go to UM but its exspensive as hell

Tiff-O-Bitties
06-07-2007, 01:07 PM
Miami is awesome.... I would be rude too if I drove a Bentley, Rolls or even Ferrari like everyone else in Miami... I mean damn, who wants some idiot touching one of those cars?

civic95
06-07-2007, 01:30 PM
I guess when you're riding around with no insurance all the time it can make you "on the edge"