PDA

View Full Version : s-13 problems

stillaneon
05-13-2007, 11:40 AM
I am having a few problems with my '93 hatch. The lug nuts will not stay on, and it constantly runs hot. Have a new thermostat that will hopefully fix the problem. already put a new radiator in it so if anyone knows where I can get a cheap dohc ka water pump let me know. thanx

Wurm
05-13-2007, 11:42 AM
replace your wheel studs and you probally have a air bubble in your cooling system

stillaneon
05-13-2007, 11:44 AM
I replaced all 16 studs, someone told me it could be the wheels but the guy that had the car before me said that he never had any issues. how do I fix the air bubble problem? drain it and refill?

EmotorsportsE
05-14-2007, 11:25 PM
Get some lock washers for you r e lugs. :) The air bubbles are harder, gotta catcht them when they expand, get some rug doctor foam eliminator, that generally does it.

E

SpecV_Scott
05-15-2007, 04:43 AM
Are the wheel studs actually firmly seated in the hubs? Make sure they're not loose. If they are, replace the worn part (either the studs or the hub itself may be screwed up). Also, make sure you're torquing down the lug nuts enough. Might want to invest in a torque wrench if you haven't already.

As far as the air bubbles....there is a bleeder screw....I think on the KA it's on the passenger side of the head, near the thermostat housing (someone correct me if I'm wrong...haven't lloked hard at a KA in a while). You will need to open that screw when the engine is cold, and run it for a little bit. You will need to repeat the process a few times (always waiting until the shit has cooled down before opening that screw again!).

Also, make sure your thermostat is actually opening (sometimes a new one can be bad).

stillaneon
05-15-2007, 09:29 PM
ok so open the screw, let it warm up, tighten the screw and let it cool, open it again and do it all over.....? How do I know when its good..

Benefit
05-15-2007, 10:03 PM
turn the engine on but dont let it warm up because you will need to take that screw off , and wait till coolant starts shooting out...then you will have to cap it back on real fast.....

so follow these steps i guess

1) turn car on
2) take screw off
3) wait till coolant shoots out
4) put screw back on

stud problem i cant help you with...my stud broke inside my hub the other day with the lug still on it...what a day that was

stillaneon
05-15-2007, 10:06 PM
Well I used to break them every day
Got really good at replacing them in under 10 minutes. Should've joined a pit crew. Thanx for everything

SpecV_Scott
05-16-2007, 08:34 AM
How do I know when its good..

When it stops overheating! LOL! Sorry, that's about the only way to tell for sure.

stillaneon
05-16-2007, 03:30 PM
ha, no, its cool, what a dumb question.....