PDA

View Full Version : I NEED A COP (very serious)

KAKid240
05-13-2007, 11:35 AM
What is the charge for minor in possession of alcohol? Not driving, just drinking and drunk? On privite property... Is there any chance I can get off since the cop did not sign the ticket?

81911SC
05-13-2007, 11:37 AM
If you need a cop, I think there is one down at your local police station. I maybe wrong though.:dunno:

Lucky DAWG
05-13-2007, 11:38 AM
If you need a cop, I think there is one down at your local police station. I maybe wrong though.:dunno:

thats a stretch dude
don't go out on a whim like that

gijoe0720
my friend got arrested for that and he lost his license for it

KAKid240
Yeah thanks, I need information. I can't really go down there right now. As you can imagine deep sh!t is what I'm in.

KAKid240
05-13-2007, 11:39 AM
I didn't get arrested...I just need the answer ASAP no BS...

quickdodge®
05-13-2007, 11:41 AM
911. Later, QD.

Wurm
im guessing your not 21

81911SC
LOL @ QD

Greddypacked
05-13-2007, 11:42 AM
It probably was his mistake. If you call the officer, or if it has the badge# on the ticket call the station where he works at and ask for the cop. Just be like sir you didnt sign the ticket you issued me, does that mean that it was a warning or what. Just be nice he might let you off.

KAKid240
05-13-2007, 11:43 AM
yeah, not 21...I really need the answers yall... I am looking it up with no luck.

Ltdnismorace
05-13-2007, 11:44 AM
I don't know about georgia state law but here in west virginia that is a misdemeanor offense and you pay a fine on your first offense. Subsequent offenses carry stiffer penalties with some going as high as probation and jail time.

KAKid240
05-13-2007, 11:44 AM
Greedy!! Thank you so much!! That is the kind of information I need...The one that issued the ticket was the one that didn't want to give it out...maybe I will be lucky

05Tib
05-13-2007, 11:45 AM
prom night?

PhAtBoYMr2
05-13-2007, 11:46 AM
It really depends what county you got it in and alot of other variables

Most of the time you can pay it off but some people i know have been on probation for like 6-12 months or had to do some type of community service and i actually have heard of people getting there license taken away for it.....

Good luck

_Christian_
05-13-2007, 11:48 AM
i dont think his lack of a sig will get you off the hook.

quickdodge®
05-13-2007, 11:49 AM
I really don't know why you don't just call the police yourself. Are you scared of something else that you're not saying or are you more worried about your dress not fitting right? Later, QD.

Whiteboy™
05-13-2007, 11:50 AM
if the officer does not sign the ticket is not valid.... i belive

KAKid240
05-13-2007, 11:51 AM
Yeah it was prom night. It sucked...Yeah I don't think it will either, but that is atleast a start. I can't call right now, the mom is mad enough as it is... Happy mothers day...and there is nothing else that I am scared of.

Ltdnismorace
05-13-2007, 11:51 AM
you OBVIOUSLY didn't stay at a holiday inn express last night

quickdodge®
05-13-2007, 11:52 AM
if the officer does not sign the ticket is not valid.... i belive

Wow. You are a goddamn idiot. Later, QD.

quickdodge®
...and there is nothing else that I am scared of.

Then why not call and ask yourself? Later, QD.

KAKid240
Nope, it was a friend's house...good plan gone bad...she failed to mention that the cops come ther about every other day for her brothers, which one of them stole about $200 from my wallet... YAY

KAKid240
05-13-2007, 11:54 AM
Because of the mom, I will call when she cools down, and what really sucks is that my dad is in Italy and is coming back tomorrow. The odd thing was that I was the only one not talking and staying calm while they were there...maybe the siggy thing is a good thing.

cactusEG
05-13-2007, 11:58 AM
ur ganna go to jail for life!!!!

KAKid240
05-13-2007, 11:59 AM
Thanks alot cactus...that makes me feel so much better about life right now...

cactusEG
05-13-2007, 12:00 PM
Thanks alot cactus...that makes me feel so much better about life right now...

any time buddy :goodjob:

KAKid240
05-13-2007, 12:03 PM
So is there no real cops on this board, or only guesses...I just read it was $390 first offense...I hope

81911SC
05-13-2007, 12:06 PM
I'm a cop.

KAKid240
05-13-2007, 12:10 PM
Really? So I'm I totally done for? Please tell me I will be alright. Does the siggy count as anything?

PhAtBoYMr2
05-13-2007, 12:11 PM
lol man it's just a M.I.P, it's really not that serious

KAKid240
05-13-2007, 12:12 PM
Yeah I know, but it still is bad...All I really wanted to do was start working on a 240, but now that is done.

81911SC
05-13-2007, 12:15 PM
Really? So I'm I totally done for? Please tell me I will be alright. Does the siggy count as anything?
It's not as bad as your making it out to be. The siggy does not matter. It's still a ticket. It will be a few hundred bucks thats about it.

PhAtBoYMr2
05-13-2007, 12:17 PM
You must have some strict parents, On my 21st bday i got a public intoxication ticket and my parents laughed at me and called me a dumb fuck

nevertheless i paid my $180 ticket and went on my way.......

there are a couple cops on the board but i forgot there usernames

KAKid240
05-13-2007, 12:20 PM
Thanksalot yall...now I have to go do mother's day crap with my grandmother with a hang over... yay

ksinao
05-13-2007, 12:22 PM
1st time will be a ticket and a class.

phongt12
05-13-2007, 12:25 PM
All you're going to get is a fine and a mark on your record. At least they didn't take you to jail. Maybe you can learn a lesson from this.

LilMonty
05-13-2007, 12:31 PM
If you are lucky enough the cop will realized he fucked up by not signing the ticket and then file an obstruction of justice charge. They will pick your ass up for real. The shit happened to my brother, it was pretty fucked up. We were at his apartment and talking about if he could get out of the fine because the cop didn't sign, and the knock on the door, the warrant, the cuffs......He ended up losing his license for some reason involving this so idk.

quickdodge®
05-13-2007, 12:46 PM
So is there no real cops on this board, or only guesses...I just read it was $390 first offense...I hope

You're not gonna find the "real" answer until you let your sack drop, take your dress off and call the police yourself and ask. Later, QD.

keevo54
05-13-2007, 12:46 PM
Normally 6 months probation and a hefty fine. Don't get caught for the next 6 months and you will have a clean record. In Athens they call it pretrial intervention. Good luck but it depends a lot on your location.

JDMmuscle
05-13-2007, 03:41 PM
quickdodge why you have to be a dick? He needs help...

and this goes for everyone on the fourms...

If people would stop having this Big bad cool attitude... this place would be much better... Everyone is here for the same common cause...

Atlanta + the love for Cars

No one is better then the other...

some have civics, some have supras... Each person likes there car for what it is, and because they are proud of it...

So insted of flaming people for things such as putting a wing on there car or some one asking for help on a place they thought might give some answers, Why not be supportive?! Give good answers, Give support, congratulate on things, even if its small as a new badge on the car or somthing as big as a turbo upgrade...

Everything is a big improvment to the owner...

Dont hate, appriciate :goodjob:

KAKid240
05-13-2007, 03:54 PM
Thanks guys, and thanks JDM...I'm about to call the station right now...Yeah so got no answer...have to try back later or maybe during the week. :???:

auxiliary
05-13-2007, 03:58 PM
here's what happen when I got a MIP.

The cop said he should ahve taken me to jail--that is the normal protocol that they do. I was 20 when I was given the MIP just two months before turning 21. I went to court and was given I think 40 hours of community service and had to attend a DUI course.

Do that and you will be fine.

If you are 17/18 then you may need to take your parents to court with you. I went to court when I was already 21. The judge asked if my parents had already known that I received the MIP I said they knew and she was fine with it. She meerly told me I was at the wrong place at the wrong time. There where younger highschoolers there that also got MIP (Different party I guess) she was a little more "scare the shit out of them" type attitude.

Take your mom or dad to court with you. Start doing community service. Go ahead and sign up for a DUI class. By doing this the judge will be really impressed. And you also get 6 months of probation.

Good luck

phongt12
05-13-2007, 04:04 PM

and this goes for everyone on the forums...

If people would stop having this Big bad cool attitude... this place would be much better... Everyone is here for the same common cause...

Atlanta + the love for Cars

No one is better than the other...

some have civics, some have supras... Each person likes their car for what it is, and because they are proud of it...

So instead of flaming people for things such as putting a wing on their car or some one asking for help on a place they thought might give some answers, Why not be supportive?! Give good answers, Give support, congratulate on things, even if its small as a new badge on the car or something as big as a turbo upgrade...

Everything is a big improvment to the owner...

Dont hate, appreciate :goodjob:

If you're going to come preach, at least type with correct grammar. I don't think 90% of the people on this forum are going to listen to you anyways.

KAKid240
05-13-2007, 04:19 PM
auxiliary, thanks alot. I really hope this all goes well. My dad still doesn't know and that will be the real bummer.

PhAtBoYMr2
05-13-2007, 04:34 PM
maybe this will teach you that if your at a party and cops show up get the fuck out that mofo!

JDMmuscle
05-13-2007, 04:35 PM
Not here to preach, just think its a little idiotic that people can be so cold...

just dont understand why people would blatantly be so cruel or flat out make themselves look like assholes

when i joined this website i was pretty excited about being in a community that shares the same interests as me... THEN when i started getting spammed with negative rep for making a post about my car....yeah....

only takes a few people to be supportive...

make importatlanta a great community :goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

PhAtBoYMr2
05-13-2007, 04:46 PM
Not here to preach, just think its a little idiotic that people can be so cold...

just dont understand why people would blatantly be so cruel or flat out make themselves look like assholes

when i joined this website i was pretty excited about being in a community that shares the same interests as me... THEN when i started getting spammed with negative rep for making a post about my car....yeah....

only takes a few people to be supportive...

make importatlanta a great community :goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

HAHAHA

Dog how about this, It's the INTERNET and it's always been like that

It's a dirty game and a dirty world. Trust me most of the people on importatlanta aren't assholes in real life and really just do it to add entertainment and a fun factor which is why i post on this board. Importatlanta is a great place to meet people because i have meet some great people through this site....but just ignore what you don't want to hear and if you can't beat em, join em :goodjob:

JDMmuscle
05-13-2007, 04:59 PM
Im sorry i have no idea what you said...

i was way to occupied watch the muuuur 2 slide!

must... turn way... from signiture... cant... muur2 drift...:bump:

PhAtBoYMr2
05-13-2007, 05:05 PM
Im sorry i have no idea what you said...

i was way to occupied watch the muuuur 2 slide!

must... turn way... from signiture... cant... muur2 drift...:bump:
http://www.orlyowl.com/owilly.gif

B16a2 Civic
05-13-2007, 05:11 PM
HAHAHA

It's a dirty game and a dirty world. Trust me most of the people on importatlanta aren't assholes in real life and really just do it to add entertainment and a fun factor which is why i post on this board. Importatlanta is a great place to meet people because i have meet some great people through this site....but just ignore what you don't want to hear and if you can't beat em, join em :goodjob:
I'm an asshole off the site, and I met ya way before I came on here lol

mxglory258
05-13-2007, 06:04 PM
I think all these under 21 kid's need to fuckin learn how to be smart about partying. I partied my ass off from about 14 on. NEVER got busted. I've even partied NEXT door to a police officer.

Fuckin morons

Psycho
05-13-2007, 06:32 PM
Im a cop, and I know that under age drinking is a felony. The fact that he didn't sign the ticket means that you are automatically guilty. Because of this, you won't have a trial when you got to court. Instead, the judge (along with the rest of the court) will point and laugh at you for about 30 min. At that point you will then be taken to federal prison, where you will be raped very hard in your corn hole (it will be so painful). You should see the light of day after about 10 years. 5 if you have good behavior.

KAKid240
05-13-2007, 07:04 PM
Psycho, was that really needed? I mean I fell like sh!t already and that made me so much worse. All I really needed was some real help, because I am in big trouble. Thanks to the guys that actually helped and told me good information

khan351
05-13-2007, 07:04 PM
As far as I know, thats pretty close to a M.U.I./C.U.A. (Minor Under Influence/Consumption Under Age). Usually, what you get is probation for a month, fine (close to $150), Community Service (about 16 hours), and Alcohol awareness class.
Might differ depending on area but I hope that helped. Best of luck man and be careful next time.

Psycho
05-13-2007, 07:17 PM
Psycho, was that really needed? I mean I fell like sh!t already and that made me so much worse. All I really needed was some real help, because I am in big trouble. Thanks to the guys that actually helped and told me good information
If you're really stressing that bad about something so small, your retarded. I would violently kill a family with a shovel (again), for that to be my only problem. The thing you have to realize, is that yeah, you did fuck up. But there is a beginning to your problem, and an end. A couple months down the road (when things are all honky-dory) this will be just another story you look back and laugh about.

Now think about a dude that just got into his car after drinking, and accidently kills a family after he loses control of his car. There is no end to his problems.

You're just going to get a slap on the wrist.
Soon this will all be just another drop in the bucket.

KAKid240
05-13-2007, 07:23 PM
Thank you psycho...that actually made me feel better. The end is in June, too far away to stress now. No take that back, dad will be pissed, but he will live, and i hope i will.

quickdodge®
05-13-2007, 07:43 PM
HAHAHA

Mark. You know how it is. Some people run on I-time. This message board is just as real life should be so people take it that way. Half my sackswingers wouldn't think twice about this shit if they knew me. Lolol. Later, QD>

quickdodge®
05-13-2007, 07:43 PM

Shut the fuck up. Later, QD.

Shawna
05-13-2007, 07:45 PM
it doesnt matter if he didnt sign the ticket just an fyi and I had a friend that got a ticket for the same thing and he got off light with probation and a really large fine

Psycho
05-13-2007, 07:49 PM
Thank you psycho...that actually made me feel better. The end is in June, too far away to stress now. No take that back, dad will be pissed, but he will live, and i hope i will.
I gotta go to court at the end of this month, and then again at the end of next month. If I see you there, I'll keep the bench warm for ya :crazy:

mxglory258
05-13-2007, 08:35 PM
:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::b lah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

Quit bitchin!! Go to court. Deal with your penalties, and get the hell over it.

FYI No sympathy here :)

Rsxguy
05-13-2007, 10:03 PM
go here and ask them lol

http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34945

KAKid240
05-14-2007, 07:39 AM
mxglory, why in the hell would you post that? I don't care if you have sympathy or not. I don't need it, I just needed a question answered. I will check that rsx. Thanks

wantboost
05-14-2007, 12:12 PM
ROFL at the original poster.

Jaimecbr900
05-14-2007, 01:01 PM
#1. If you are smart enough to figure out how to drink before you are legal, you should be smart enough to use GOOGLE.

#2. Try: http://www.georgia-duidefense.com/ or http://www.criminalattorney.com/pages/firm_articles_minor_possession.htm

or

I'll just go ahead and quote you some of the pertinent stuff from other sources that quickly came up using Google:

This is the code:

§ 3-3-23. Furnishing to, purchase of, or possession by persons under 21 years of age of alcoholic beverages; use of false identification; proper identification; dispensing, serving, selling, or handling by persons under 21 years of age in the course of employment; seller's actions upon receiving false identification

(a) Except as otherwise authorized by law:

(1) No person knowingly, directly or through another person, shall furnish, cause to be furnished, or permit any person in such person's employ to furnish any alcoholic beverage to any person under 21 years of age;

(2) No person under 21 years of age shall purchase, attempt to purchase, or knowingly possess any alcoholic beverage;

(3) No person under 21 years of age shall misrepresent such person's age in any manner whatever for the purpose of obtaining illegally any alcoholic beverage;

(4) No person knowingly or intentionally shall act as an agent to purchase or acquire any alcoholic beverage for or on behalf of a person under 21 years of age; or

(5) No person under 21 years of age shall misrepresent his or her identity or use any false identification for the purpose of purchasing or obtaining any alcoholic beverage.

(b) The prohibitions contained in paragraphs (1), (2), and (4) of subsection (a) of this Code section shall not apply with respect to the sale, purchase, or possession of alcoholic beverages for consumption:

(1) For medical purposes pursuant to a prescription of a physician duly authorized to practice medicine in this state; or

(2) At a religious ceremony.

(c) The prohibitions contained in paragraphs (1), (2), and (4) of subsection (a) of this Code section shall not apply with respect to the possession of alcoholic beverages for consumption by a person under 21 years of age when the parent or guardian of the person under 21 years of age gives the alcoholic beverage to the person and when possession is in the home of the parent or guardian and such parent or guardian is present.

(d) The prohibition contained in paragraph (1) of subsection (a) of this Code section shall not apply with respect to sale of alcoholic beverages by a person when such person has been furnished with proper identification showing that the person to whom the alcoholic beverage is sold is 21 years of age or older. For purposes of this subsection, the term "proper identification" means any document issued by a governmental agency containing a description of the person, such person's photograph, or both, and giving such person's date of birth and includes, without being limited to, a passport, military identification card, driver's license, or an identification card authorized under Code Sections 40-5-100 through 40-5-104. "Proper identification" shall not include a birth certificate and shall not include any traffic citation and complaint form.

(e) If such conduct is not otherwise prohibited pursuant to Code Section 3-3-24, nothing contained in this Code section shall be construed to prohibit any person under 21 years of age from:

(1) Dispensing, serving, selling, or handling alcoholic beverages as a part of employment in any licensed establishment;

(2) Being employed in any establishment in which alcoholic beverages are distilled or manufactured; or

(3) Taking orders for and having possession of alcoholic beverages as a part of employment in a licensed establishment.

(f) Testimony by any person under 21 years of age, when given in an administrative or judicial proceeding against another person for violation of any provision of this Code section, shall not be used in any administrative or judicial proceedings brought against such testifying person under 21 years of age.

(g) Nothing in this Code section shall be construed to modify, amend, or supersede Chapter 11 of Title 15.

(h) In any case where a reasonable or prudent person could reasonably be in doubt as to whether or not the person to whom an alcoholic beverage is to be sold or otherwise furnished is actually 21 years of age or older, it shall be the duty of the person selling or otherwise furnishing such alcoholic beverage to request to see and to be furnished with proper identification as provided for in subsection (d) of this Code section in order to verify the age of such person; and the failure to make such request and verification in any case where the person to whom the alcoholic beverage is sold or otherwise furnished is less than 21 years of age may be considered by the trier of fact in determining whether the person selling or otherwise furnishing such alcoholic beverage did so knowingly.

(i) Any retailer or retail consumption dealer, or any person acting on behalf of such retailer or retail consumption dealer, who upon requesting proper identification from a person attempting to purchase alcoholic beverages from such retailer or retail consumption dealer pursuant to subsection (h) of this Code section is tendered a driver's license which indicates that such driver's license is falsified, is not the driver's license of the person presenting it, or that such person is under the age of 21 years, the person to whom said license is tendered shall be authorized to either write down the name, address, and license number or to seize and retain such driver's license and in either event shall immediately thereafter summon a law enforcement officer who shall be authorized to seize the license either at the scene or at such time as the license can be located. The procedures and rules connected with the retention of such license by the officer shall be the same as those provided for the acceptance of a driver's license as bail on arrest for traffic offenses pursuant to Code Section 17-6-11.

__________________________________________________ _______

This is what happens when you break that code:

§ 3-3-23.1. Procedure and penalties upon violation of Code Section 3-3-23

(a) It is unlawful for any person knowingly to violate any prohibition contained in Code Section 3-3-23, relating to furnishing alcoholic beverages to, and purchasing, attempting to purchase, and possession of alcoholic beverages by, a person under 21 years of age.

(b) (1) Any person convicted of violating any prohibition contained in subsection (a) of Code Section 3-3-23 shall, upon the first conviction, be guilty of a misdemeanor, except that any person convicted of violating paragraph (2) of subsection (a) of Code Section 3-3-23 shall, upon the first conviction, be guilty of a misdemeanor and shall be punished by not more than six months' imprisonment or a fine of not more than $300.00, or both and except that any person convicted of violating paragraph (4) of subsection (a) of Code Section 3-3-23 shall, upon the first conviction, be guilty of a misdemeanor of a high and aggravated nature.

(2) Any person convicted of violating any prohibition contained in subsection (a) of Code Section 3-3-23 shall, upon the second or subsequent conviction, be guilty of a misdemeanor of a high and aggravated nature, except that any person convicted of violating paragraph (2) of subsection (a) of Code Section 3-3-23 shall, upon the second or subsequent conviction, be guilty of a misdemeanor.

(3) In addition to any other penalty provided for in paragraphs (1) and (2) of this subsection, the driver's license of any person convicted of attempting to purchase an alcoholic beverage in violation of paragraph (2) of subsection (a) of Code Section 3-3-23 upon the first conviction shall be suspended for six months and upon the second or subsequent conviction shall be suspended for one year.

(c) Whenever any person who has not been previously convicted of any offense under this Code section or under any other law of the United States or this or any other state relating to alcoholic beverages pleads guilty to or is found guilty of a violation of paragraph (2) or (3) of subsection (a) of Code Section 3-3-23, the court, without entering a judgment of guilt and with the consent of such person, may defer further proceedings and place such person on probation upon such reasonable terms and conditions as the court may require. The terms of probation shall preferably be such as require the person to undergo a comprehensive rehabilitation program (including, if necessary, medical treatment), not to exceed three years, designed to acquaint such person with the ill effects of alcohol abuse and with knowledge of the gains and benefits which can be achieved by being a good member of society. Upon violation of a term or condition of probation, the court may enter an adjudication of guilt and proceed accordingly. Upon fulfillment of the terms and conditions of probation, the court shall discharge such person and dismiss the proceedings against him or her. Discharge and dismissal under this subsection shall be without court adjudication of guilt and shall not be deemed a conviction for purposes of this subsection or for purposes of disqualifications or disabilities imposed by law upon conviction of a crime. Discharge and dismissal under this subsection may occur only once with respect to any person.

(d) Unless the officer has reasonable cause to believe such person is intoxicated, a law enforcement officer may arrest by issuance of a citation, summons, or accusation a person accused of violating any provision of Code Section 3-3-23. The citation, summons, or accusation shall enumerate the specific charges against the person and either the date upon which the person is to appear and answer the charges or a notation that the person will be later notified of the date upon which the person is to appear and answer the charges. If the person charged shall fail to appear as required, the judge having jurisdiction of the offense may issue a warrant or other order directing the apprehension of such person and commanding that such person be brought before the court to answer the charges contained within the citation, summons, or accusation and the charge of his or her failure to appear as required. Nothing in this subsection shall be construed to invalidate an otherwise valid arrest by citation, summons, or accusation of a person who is intoxicated.

(e) A law enforcement officer arresting a person by the issuance of a citation, summons, or accusation under subsection (d) of this Code section may require any such person having a driver's license or instruction permit to deposit such license or permit with the arresting officer in order to ensure the appearance of such person to answer the charges against him or her. The procedures and rules connected with the acceptance of such license or permit and subsequent disposition of the case shall be the same as provided for the acceptance of a driver's license as bail on arrest for traffic offenses pursuant to Code Section 17-6-11.

(f) In addition to any other punishment or sentence, the court may order all persons convicted under subsection (b) of this Code section or sentenced under subsection (c) of this Code section to complete a DUI Alcohol or Drug Use Risk Reduction Program prescribed by the Department of Driver Services within 120 days of such conviction or sentence. Failure to complete such program within 120 days shall be contempt of court and shall be punished by a fine of not more than $300.00 or 20 days imprisonment, or both. If the conviction or sentence results from a charge of unlawful possession of alcoholic beverages while operating a motor vehicle, the court shall report such conviction or sentence to the Department of Driver Services within ten days after conviction or sentencing.

__________________________________________________ _

This is the only thing I found relating to license forfeiture, although other sources seem to be hinting around to the fact that you may lose your driver's license for some time even if it's only your first offense:

(e) The driver's license of any person under 21 years of age who is convicted of unlawful possession of alcoholic beverages in violation of Code Section 3-3-23 while operating a motor vehicle may be suspended for a period of not less than 120 days. At the end of 120 days, the person may apply to the department for reinstatement of said driver's license. Such license shall be reinstated only if the person submits proof of completion of an approved DUI Alcohol or Drug Use Risk Reduction Program and pays a restoration fee of $35.00 or $25.00 when processed by mail. For purposes of this subsection, a sentence under subsection (c) of Code Section 3-3-23.1 shall not be considered a conviction, and the driver's license of such person shall not be suspended, provided that such person completes a DUI Alcohol or Drug Use Risk Reduction Program within 120 days after sentencing.

(f) The driver's license of any person who is convicted of attempting to purchase an alcoholic beverage in violation of paragraph (2) of subsection (a) of Code Section 3-3-23 upon the first conviction shall be suspended for a period of six months and upon the second or subsequent conviction shall be suspended for a period of one year. At the end of the period of suspension, the person may apply to the department for reinstatement of his or her driver's license. Such license shall be reinstated upon payment of a restoration fee of $35.00 or $25.00 when processed by mail. For purposes of this subsection, a sentence under subsection (c) of Code Section 3-3-23.1 shall not be considered a conviction, and the driver's license of such person shall not be suspended.
__________________________________________________ ________

#3. Need more advice? See a lawyer or don't do the crime.

Thank you, come again. :goodjob:

quickdodge®
05-14-2007, 01:04 PM
Jaime. I'll bet you that the Google search probably took about .283 seconds. Hmmm. Math. Later, QD.

Jaimecbr900
05-14-2007, 01:09 PM
Jaime. I'll bet you that the Goggle search probably took about .283 seconds. Hmmm. Math. Later, QD.

;) :D

Minor in possession is a little more involved now than it was when you or I were minors. I remember getting driven home by a policeman instead of getting locked up. Now-a-days it's different. Ironically enough, I tend to agree with the more stringent approach though. I took a LOT of unecessary risks when I was growing up. I cheated death multiple multiple times. Some of my friends weren't so lucky. Had we had an intervention earlier, maybe some of those friends would be around now. ;)

Ruiner
05-14-2007, 01:22 PM
;) :D

Minor in possession is a little more involved now than it was when you or I were minors. I remember getting driven home by a policeman instead of getting locked up. Now-a-days it's different. Ironically enough, I tend to agree with the more stringent approach though. I took a LOT of unecessary risks when I was growing up. I cheated death multiple multiple times. Some of my friends weren't so lucky. Had we had an intervention earlier, maybe some of those friends would be around now. ;)

Well, you beat me into the thread, but posted the same stuff that I was going to post. ;)

Yes, you can and might just lose your license for this offense. It will really depend on your lawyer and how the court is feeling that day. The penalties are MUCH more harsh than when we were kids, that's for sure.

99SI
05-14-2007, 01:31 PM
I got one when I was 18 in Milledgeville which is a college town so that probably helped. We went in and saw the solicitor and she said, plead guilty, pay $120 fine, don't get in trouble for a year and it will be thrown out. They do that quite a bit in Milledgeville for many offenses. Pay your fine stay out of trouble and be done. Of course that was a few years ago. :D

99SI
05-14-2007, 01:33 PM
I would set up an appointment to go in and talk to the solicitor for the county. Don't cry and whine, but tell them what happened and ask for some sort of leniancy (sp?) and cross your heart and swear on your mothers life that you will be a good boy from now on. Maybe they will have mercy on you.

Max_nino
05-14-2007, 02:11 PM
stop crying i got arrested for DUI on may 5. i was DUI and following to close and you dont see me crying about it over the net so suck up and be a man about it

MulattoBoi
05-14-2007, 02:19 PM
You're fucked I got an underage before, 12months probation and lost of liscence for 3months. Sucks to have to pay your insurance haha alcohol ftw!

MulattoBoi
05-14-2007, 02:20 PM
Mind you this was almost 2 and a half years ago, but I dont think things have changed!

Ruiner
05-14-2007, 03:29 PM
Mind you this was almost 2 and a half years ago, but I dont think things have changed!

I believe that they (the penalties) might have gotten worse if anything.

superfox1
05-14-2007, 03:30 PM
Waaaaayyyyyyy back when I was 19, I got an underage drinking ticket....but since I was a cop in the Air Force, the cop changed the ticket to open container (non vehicle related). I went to court, pled guilty, paid $116 including court costs.

Hope everything works out for you.

KAKid240
05-14-2007, 05:16 PM
Yeah I have a lawyer now. She set everything up and I'm screwed but whatever. And how was I whining? I asked some simple questions that I did look up on Google, but I wanted to make sure with a real life person, not just words on a page. I am a smart kid, that is how I have all my cars and keep out of trouble, but even smart kids are stupid at times.

wantboost
05-14-2007, 07:43 PM
Yeah I have a lawyer now. She set everything up and I'm screwed but whatever. And how was I whining? I am a smart kid, that is how I have all my cars and keep out of trouble, but even smart kids are stupid at times. I'm glad your a smart kid ROFL. How were you whining? For the love of god just read some of your posts, you should be able to comprehend them since you are a "smart kid."

mxglory258
05-14-2007, 08:00 PM
mxglory, why in the hell would you post that? I don't care if you have sympathy or not. I don't need it, I just needed a question answered. I will check that rsx. Thanks
No, not really you don't. Your going to find out all you need to know in due time :). Maybe if ya'll were smarter, you'd have not gotten caught. :)

KAKid240
05-14-2007, 09:39 PM
Maybe if I was smarter i wouldn't have posted this. I just needed some answers before people in the group when insane when saying what the charges would be. I have information so this thread can die.

ct9a gsr
05-14-2007, 10:16 PM
I know that in Alpharetta, due to the average age of people being older and avg income being much higher than most places, the laws against minors, especially ones that have to do with alcohol or substance abuse, carry a very strict no-tolerance act. Everyone I've known that's gotten caught with consumption over there have lost their license for a year, 2yrs probation, 50hrs ~ 100hrs community service, hefty fines, alcohol awareness classes, and had to do public speeches at their local schools talking about what they did wrong.

As long as you're not anywhere near Alpharetta, you're ok.

KAKid240
05-14-2007, 10:23 PM
Yeah I live in Alpharetta, but the judge is roswell, so its better, alot better.

ct9a gsr
05-14-2007, 10:25 PM
Oh... I definitely meant Roswell then. I dunno what I was thinking.

KAKid240
05-14-2007, 10:50 PM
ahh..tryin to be a dick or you really mean that? becuase there is a total difference in charges brought in alpharetta and roswell.

deathrex
05-15-2007, 02:42 AM
yeah ur gunna get raped. i think georgia now has a law that it is a mandatory 6 month or more liscence suspension. (police officer i know told me). probation for 6-12 months, 40-100hours community service, and a hefty fine.

RandomGuy
05-15-2007, 02:59 AM
ahh..tryin to be a dick or you really mean that? becuase there is a total difference in charges brought in alpharetta and roswell.no joke practically the same thing happened to my friend in the roswell area near holcomb bridge

Basically the same thing as that ct9a_gsr fellow posted but he got off with only 80 hours of community service because it was his first offense and he had a really good lawyer and he brought in his grades which showed his 4.0 GPA. But otherwise it is the same, he had to give some speeches to the appointed schools and all of the kids were laughing at him, it was terrible. The fines were crazy though

I think its too serious IMO... i mean its just alcohol... but the city of roswell thinks otherwise

RandomGuy
05-15-2007, 03:02 AM
yeah ur gunna get raped. i think georgia now has a law that it is a mandatory 6 month or more liscence suspension. (police officer i know told me). probation for 6-12 months, 40-100hours community service, and a hefty fine.its minimum of 1 year now, but they only give 1 years to worthy causes, like A students, my friend got off with 1 year, but that was because he had such a badass lawyer and so much proof that he was a good kid. If you have any thing on your record theres basically no way of getting out of a 2 year suspension... And if you get caught driving while suspended on an alcohol related charge you're instantly 60 days in jail (if you're older than 18)