PDA

View Full Version : Who wants Mono?

koukis14
05-11-2007, 05:22 PM
Come on over I'll give ya a kiss. My doctor just called and told me I have Mono. So after not working for a week I will probably be out for another week...maybe two. So when I am not sleeping I will be on here or watching shitty television.....Direct TV blows. Atleast its not the big C or A.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Lucky DAWG
05-11-2007, 06:05 PM
dude i think i have it too
i have been taking like 3 hour naps in the middle of the day for the past week straight, and feel like devoid of energy all the time

what exactly constitutes having it or what are the symptoms, i haven't actually been diagnosed but am trying to figure it out

i even turned down fishing and free booze with a bunch of my guy friends in athens tonight and am going through my phone wondering what girls will drive to me... i feel so lazy and tired

Annihilation
05-11-2007, 06:16 PM
mono and diglycerides?

Ltdnismorace
05-11-2007, 07:08 PM
symptoms will include swollen nodes in your neck, lack of energy, paleness of skin, etc... shit sucks, I lost my scholarship to play college soccer b/c of that shit.

mxglory258
05-11-2007, 07:18 PM
symptoms will include swollen nodes in your neck, lack of energy, paleness of skin, etc... shit sucks, I lost my scholarship to play college soccer b/c of that shit.
DAMN! That sucks. I never lost n/ething of it. Other than time, lost to sleeping.

koukis14
05-11-2007, 08:28 PM
I'm losing a shit load of money. As far as symptoms go think of having the flu for a month. If you think you hav eit I would get checked out so you can have a doctors note. The only thing they can give you is Ibproferen(spelling?) and Tylenol to knock the fever down.

Ltdnismorace
05-11-2007, 08:38 PM
I'm losing a shit load of money. As far as symptoms go think of having the flu for a month. If you think you hav eit I would get checked out so you can have a doctors note. The only thing they can give you is Ibproferen(spelling?) and Tylenol to knock the fever down.

I would also suggest you get a ultrasound of your abdomen done. After about a week and a half of being down and out the doctors cleared me to start playing again and my mother insisted they do an ultrasound to check on my spleen/liver, whichever it is that gets swollen can't remember which. Anyways, whichever it is was swollen the size of a volleyball. If I had gone on the field and got tackled or something it could have rupture and I would have died before anyone could help.

candy2082002
05-11-2007, 09:30 PM
Ill take it to get out of work lol

Jecht
05-11-2007, 10:42 PM
Practically all the students at Campbell High School here in Smyrna have mono. lol

BTLFED
05-11-2007, 10:44 PM
Come on over I'll give ya a kiss. My doctor just called and told me I have Mono. So after not working for a week I will probably be out for another week...maybe two. So when I am not sleeping I will be on here or watching shitty television.....Direct TV blows. Atleast its not the big C or A.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Congratulations on that? Hmm....

SpecV_Scott
05-11-2007, 11:19 PM
I had it in '99. Sucked! At one point, I didn't eat for 5 days straight because I felt so crappy. So yeah, I hated that shit.

_Christian_
05-12-2007, 12:56 AM
i had it a couple years ago. i felt like complete shit. my nodes were really swollen and covered in puss. i couldnt even swallow. i lost 7lbs. my asshole doctor wouldnt give me any painkillers other than tylenol w/ codeine and some cough syrup w/ codeine. luckily i was able to get some real painkillers from a friend.:cheers: i think mono is like chicken pox in that someone usually wont get it more than once. get well soon.

TheGodfather
05-12-2007, 01:23 AM
never had it.

glad too.

but, i was tired alot and thought i had cancer.

not mono.

leukemia ftl.

not that ive had it.

koukis14
05-12-2007, 08:01 AM
i think mono is like chicken pox in that someone usually wont get it more than once. get well soon.

This would be my second time, I had it when I was 5 or 6. But I can't remember that.

Sol-Badguy
05-12-2007, 08:35 AM
Practically all the students at Campbell High School here in Smyrna have mono. lol
Tell me something that would be surprising.

Lizbiz101
05-12-2007, 08:42 AM
You need to watch where you put your drink. Make sure you don't drink after anyone and make sure they don't drink after you. It's hard to tell who has it and who doesn't until they start showing symptoms. It will all be over soon!!!!

Reverie
05-12-2007, 08:18 PM
ahhh that sucks. :no:
prepare to lose like 10lbs

Shawna
05-12-2007, 08:30 PM
its your spleen that gets swollen.....i had a friend in hs that got mono when we went over seas and her spleen ruptured when we got back...no fun