PDA

View Full Version : rx8 question

boostedb16
05-11-2007, 03:51 PM
my friend has a rx8 and if he dont use 93 octain gas and put octain booster on top of that his car will flood it's self out. why does it do that and what would anyone recommend.

OneSlow5pt0
05-11-2007, 04:13 PM
Rotarys flood,that what they do..when u crank the car it release gas,turn it off to quickly and it floods,then u have to blow it out,and probbly buy new set of $25 spark plugs..i belive thats what happens,my RX-7 flooded couple times..

if im wrong someone correct me

boostedb16
05-11-2007, 06:01 PM
ok but he can pull up to a red light and it will die and he has to wait forever to get it going again. so he will always have this problem or is there something he can do to fix it.

OneSlow5pt0
05-11-2007, 07:06 PM
ok but he can pull up to a red light and it will die and he has to wait forever to get it going again. so he will always have this problem or is there something he can do to fix it.

mine never did that,only time my car died like that was when i would stop with the A/C on,so i learn to live without A/C....also after i wuld flood it,it would run like shit for little while

boostedb16
05-11-2007, 08:49 PM
yea his runs like shit for a few miles, it will puff a little black smoke a couple of times and then it will clear up. but it seems like when he puts octain booster in it, it dont do it.

blackshine007
05-11-2007, 09:00 PM
Has anyone done the reflash? And is this only happening on the '04 models? If you haven't had it reflashed, you need to do that. It sounds like it's staying stuck partially in open loop mode. Has any of ya'll had the MIL light come on for a P0420 or anything related to the catalyst effeciency?

OneSlow5pt0
05-11-2007, 09:00 PM
does it call for 93?

i ran 87 perfect with no problems with my 7

blackshine007
05-11-2007, 09:03 PM
does it call for 93?

i ran 87 perfect with no problems with my 7

They run only on 91 or better. High compression. IIRC, it's 11.5:1

OneSlow5pt0
05-11-2007, 09:09 PM
They run only on 91 or better. High compression. IIRC, it's 11.5:1

all rotaries are High Compression

boostedb16
05-11-2007, 10:23 PM
Has anyone done the reflash? And is this only happening on the '04 models? If you haven't had it reflashed, you need to do that. It sounds like it's staying stuck partially in open loop mode. Has any of ya'll had the MIL light come on for a P0420 or anything related to the catalyst effeciency?where can he have it reflashed?

blackshine007
05-11-2007, 10:33 PM
where can he have it reflashed?

Unless you know anyone who has a reprogrammer, you'll have to go to the dealer

BTLFED
05-11-2007, 10:35 PM
my friend has a rx8 and if he dont use 93 octain gas and put octain booster on top of that his car will flood it's self out. why does it do that and what would anyone recommend.

Tell your friend to buy a new car because he obviously doesn't know WTF is going on when it comes to cars.

mxglory258
05-11-2007, 10:37 PM
Or take the god damn thing to a dealership and ahve them check it.

BTLFED
05-11-2007, 10:38 PM
Has anyone done the reflash? And is this only happening on the '04 models? If you haven't had it reflashed, you need to do that. It sounds like it's staying stuck partially in open loop mode. Has any of ya'll had the MIL light come on for a P0420 or anything related to the catalyst effeciency?

You are wrong, you have no clue what you are talking about, and that is from the 2 certified Mazda techs getting drunk with me right now. The internet is not the gospel. :slap:

blackshine007
05-11-2007, 11:06 PM
You are wrong, you have no clue what you are talking about, and that is from the 2 certified Mazda techs getting drunk with me right now. The internet is not the gospel. :slap:

Ok then, I'm a former Mazda tech as well. But I was there when the first RX8's were coming to the dealer, and I was the one looking at them. So instead of rediculing me, let's come up with some solutions. Hell, why don't you sober up those Mazda techs and get some answers out of them.

Siverprobegt
05-11-2007, 11:32 PM

Take it back to the Mazda dealer!!!!!!

OneSlow5pt0
05-11-2007, 11:40 PM
fuck that RX-8,ill get me RX-7,and run 87

boostedb16
05-12-2007, 07:22 AM
Tell your friend to buy a new car because he obviously doesn't know WTF is going on when it comes to cars.so you want him to buy a new car because he doesn't know wtf is going on when it come's to cars:thinking: :thinking: . but anyway he has taken it to the dealership and they dont know whats up. but i will tell him to take it and try to get it reflashed.

BTLFED
05-12-2007, 08:38 AM
so you want him to buy a new car because he doesn't know wtf is going on when it come's to cars:thinking: :thinking: . but anyway he has taken it to the dealership and they dont know whats up. but i will tell him to take it and try to get it reflashed.

FYI from one of the now sober Mazda Techs (you idiots)-The recall that is run on all of the RX8s includes an engine vacuum test, PCM reflash and/or TCM reflash if included, new leading plugs, test and replace the battery and starter if needed. If all else fails, new long block. Between the two techs that are here, they have seen roughly 100 long blocks replaced in the last 6 months, some of them done multiple times on the same car. One of them has replaced 4 of them himself. I could post the 28 page actual recall from Mazda, but it won't fit in one post, and I don't think you deserve to see it.

So there is your fucking answer you douchemagoos. Buy a new fucking car.

blackshine007
05-12-2007, 08:46 AM
FYI from one of the now sober Mazda Techs (you idiots)-The recall that is run on all of the RX8s includes an engine vacuum test, PCM reflash and/or TCM reflash if included, new leading plugs, test and replace the battery and starter if needed. If all else fails, new long block. Between the two techs that are here, they have seen roughly 100 long blocks replaced in the last 6 months, some of them done multiple times on the same car. One of them has replaced 4 of them himself. I could post the 28 page actual recall from Mazda, but it won't fit in one post, and I don't think you deserve to see it.

So there is your fucking answer you douchemagoos. Buy a new fucking car.

I knew that in some shape, form or fashion that could almost be useful here. Nice info.

boostedb16
05-12-2007, 09:16 AM

So there is your fucking answer you douchemagoos. Buy a new fucking car.i will tell him all of that and thanks for the FRIENDLY help, a simple reply would have been fine but thanks again.

BTLFED
05-12-2007, 09:17 AM
I knew that in some shape, form or fashion that could almost be useful here. Nice info.

Almost be useful? Last time I checked, that was all the info he needed. Sounds really useful to me.

BTLFED
05-12-2007, 09:18 AM
i will tell him all of that and thanks for the FRIENDLY help, a simple reply would have been fine but thanks again.

I don't make things simple just because you people are idiots. I'm not dumbing down my posts to satisfy you.

mxglory258
05-12-2007, 09:34 AM
I don't make things simple just because you people are idiots. I'm not dumbing down my posts to satisfy you.
All things considered, he asked for TECHNICAL help. Therefore, dumbin down your post would be like saying. "Uhh turn dat screw...den dat one..and maybe it might work someday"

boostedb16
05-12-2007, 10:36 AM
I don't make things simple just because you people are idiots. I'm not dumbing down my posts to satisfy you.i was not telling you to dumb anything down, but the all the calling people dumb ass's or idiots because they ask a question is dumb. if i knew why his car was doing that i would not have asked.

blackshine007
05-12-2007, 10:46 AM
i was not telling you to dumb anything down, but the all the calling people dumb ass's or idiots because they ask a question is dumb. if i knew why his car was doing that i would not have asked.

That's just the slipping of finger. He actually meant good by it, it's just when he either blinked or sneezed, his fingers went on a wild typing spree. By the time he realized that, he had hit enter, thus getting the posts(tses) that lies before us. His fingers has a mind of their own.....

mxglory258
05-12-2007, 03:23 PM
That's just the slipping of finger. He actually meant good by it, it's just when he either blinked or sneezed, his fingers went on a wild typing spree. By the time he realized that, he had hit enter, thus getting the posts(tses) that lies before us. His fingers has a mind of their own.....
LOL Idle hands. Btlfed you shoulda been doubling fisting last night to keep from this catastrophe lol.

David88vert
05-12-2007, 04:50 PM
all rotaries are High Compression

Not true. The only mass-produced facotry rotarys that can be considered high-compression are the Renesis motors.

Mazda rotarys ranged from 8.5-9.7:1
FDs were only 9.0:1

OneSlow5pt0
05-12-2007, 05:03 PM
Not true. The only mass-produced facotry rotarys that can be considered high-compression are the Renesis motors.

Mazda rotarys ranged from 8.5-9.7:1
FDs were only 9.0:1

i thought thats y u couldnt turbo a 13B N/A was because of the compression,and also blowing the apex seals to hell

BTLFED
05-14-2007, 06:27 PM
LOL Idle hands. Btlfed you shoulda been doubling fisting last night to keep from this catastrophe lol.

I really should have drank more so the tits I saw at the hotel that night would have been more attractive.

David88vert
05-14-2007, 07:31 PM
i thought thats y u couldnt turbo a 13B N/A was because of the compression,and also blowing the apex seals to hell

You can turbo any car with any compression. You just need to run a higher octane fuel, and tune accordingly. You can't run as much psi and have less room for error.

BTLFED
05-14-2007, 08:27 PM
You can turbo any car with any compression. You just need to run a higher octane fuel, and tune accordingly. You can't run as much psi and have less room for error.

Translation: Idiots can't use homemadeturbo.com to add forced induction using junkyard garbage parts including a turbo off an SVO Mustang. You gotta pay to play.