PDA

View Full Version : What a fucking day!!!

mxglory258
05-11-2007, 01:47 AM
Well, i got up at 6 for work. Stopped and picked up the welder the boss just bought. AKA the Blessing the boss just bought. Nice little lincoln 140 120v mig. Just using flux cored wire.

Went to work, welded up the hitch on the work truck, welded up the bumper, and I welded the brackets on the excavator to put the hood back on it. Thing works amazing. All this time running it off a generator.

Got off at 5, tired as well. 5:30 comes, and we're on our way out of the city, comming down Spring street, when the clutch line blew on the truck. Couldn't get ahold of anyone to get the parts to fix it. Finally, around 9 or so, they came with the parts...I put the line on, bled it out and was ready to roll. Hit the clutch and then the master cylinder blows out. So its either worn out, or the clutch is fucked up on the truck. Either way, its almost 10 now and i'm ready to get the hell out of there.

We use military hitches on the trailer so We could just put the ball on the other truck and go. This truck:
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j214/mxglory258/100_3304.jpg

So, while waiting for the tow truck we get a little creative. And they ask me if I think I can weld this hook off the end of the chain to the top of a ball, we'll set the trailer on the bumper then bolt the ball on. Resulting in this:
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j214/mxglory258/100_3305.jpg

I'm tired, I didn't really feel like doing this but had to. The welds look like shit to me lol. But they held. (i'm actually a very good welder lol)

While waiting for a roll back for the 1 ton dually, this girl drives straight out of the drive through at Checkers, over the curb, down a 3ft hill and into the sidewalk in a nissan lol. So the roll back got there, we sent him over to help her. Of course we assisted too. I felt bad. She had all these crack heads runnin around her and all she wanted to do was get home.

And finally, at 2:30 we get back. I spent 9 damned hour's STUCk in the city. Fuck this day!!

Thank god though, we got the welder b/c it was going to be way to much money to get the truck towed, then them come back for the trailer. The welder deffinetely already paid for itself today.

The wiring, is because we didnt have the right trailer plug, I had to run all the lights from a 4 prong flat plug to a 7 prong round to get our lights. We didnt have good enough ground, so I wrapped a peice around that hook, and around a couple of bolts in the trailer so it'd ground lol

81911SC
05-11-2007, 01:51 AM
Sounds like a good day +1 For creative enginering.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to mxglory258 again.

mxglory258
05-11-2007, 01:56 AM
Sounds like a good day +1 For creative enginering.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to mxglory258 again.
Man it was so horrible. I'm wrecked. I just wanna go lay in bed and die. But I tried, I can't sleep.

But, now i'm gonna go try again lol. Later ya'll

Killer
05-11-2007, 08:39 AM
dang...