PDA

View Full Version : SC owners or others with coilovers, please help

JDMmuscle
05-11-2007, 12:08 AM
Hey, Have an SC400, slammed with with a set of tein's.

ok here is where the fun begains....

front was so low it rubbed a hole thru' the plasic fender liner... thru' the plastic cover, and shreaded the mass of wires that ran under my driverside front fender...

ok so this was a nightmare...

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m291/Acolyte119/P5100026.jpg
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m291/Acolyte119/P5100028.jpg

HORAY!!!!!

ok so heres the problem...

After the wires are now all spliced and everything is back where it should be... Engine now idols at 3000rpms, windsheild wipers wont turn off, takes about 10 sec to crank over, AND to top it all off it is running so rich that it is literaly driping strait up gas out of my tail pipe...

Has anyone esel experianced somthing like this?

i mean honestly im kicking my self in the ass because iv seen this wear on my buddys 240... but yet didnt think of it.

Help :cry:

Psycho
05-11-2007, 12:58 AM
Go back and check the Mexican-ass job of wiring that u did. Check that you spliced the correct wires together, pay careful attention to the wire's secondary color (usually a dash, line, or dot on the wire's sheath). Make sure that you didn't connect a black wire with green dots, to a black wire with green dashes (for example).

I'm almost positive that you twisted the wires back together. Even if the wires are connected together, they may not be able to carry the full current that travels through them. Find a friend with a soldering iron, and comondeer it with a friendly home invasion.

You need to slap yourself for using electrical tape, and buy some wire shrink wrap from Wal-mart. It's in the automotive section.

/thread

JDMmuscle
05-11-2007, 01:03 AM
Everything is sodered (spelling) and wrapped electrical tape over the soder joints, ill double check everything, im pretty sure i didnt fuck up,

But thank you for the intrest and the time to post =) i really appriciate it

RandomGuy
05-11-2007, 03:58 AM
damn sounds like a nightmare

might even be easier just to get another harness from toyota/lexus dealership or even ebay, i'm sure someone's parting the car out somewhere

i wouldnt deal with the hassle IMO...

Ran
05-11-2007, 06:46 AM
Oh my God, that looks awful man. You couldn't hear it rubbing before it ate through everything?!

koukis14
05-11-2007, 07:45 AM
Go back and check the Mexican-ass job of wiring that u did. Check that you spliced the correct wires together, pay careful attention to the wire's secondary color (usually a dash, line, or dot on the wire's sheath). Make sure that you didn't connect a black wire with green dots, to a black wire with green dashes (for example).

I'm almost positive that you twisted the wires back together. Even if the wires are connected together, they may not be able to carry the full current that travels through them. Find a friend with a soldering iron, and comondeer it with a friendly home invasion.

You need to slap yourself for using electrical tape, and buy some wire shrink wrap from Wal-mart. It's in the automotive section.

/thread

HAHAHAHAHAHAH and +1 that is good advise.

And guy with the Lexus. Buy a repair manual A GOOD ONE if you are planning on repairing your own car.

Sol-Badguy
05-11-2007, 01:10 PM
OH MY GOOD GOD!!

You couldn't hear it rubbing before it ate through everything?!
That's what I'd like to know!!

JDMmuscle
05-11-2007, 01:32 PM
it didnt rub at all untill just latly after the springs set, i was driving to work and it was rubbing... so i had to wait till i got home... well on the way home, shit hit the fan :no:

Nyteryder
05-26-2007, 07:48 PM
Hey, Have an SC400, slammed with with a set of tein's.

ok here is where the fun begains....

front was so low it rubbed a hole thru' the plasic fender liner... thru' the plastic cover, and shreaded the mass of wires that ran under my driverside front fender...

ok so this was a nightmare...

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m291/Acolyte119/P5100026.jpg
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m291/Acolyte119/P5100028.jpg

HORAY!!!!!

ok so heres the problem...

After the wires are now all spliced and everything is back where it should be... Engine now idols at 3000rpms, windsheild wipers wont turn off, takes about 10 sec to crank over, AND to top it all off it is running so rich that it is literaly driping strait up gas out of my tail pipe...

Has anyone esel experianced somthing like this?

i mean honestly im kicking my self in the ass because iv seen this wear on my buddys 240... but yet didnt think of it.

Help :cry:

Was this posted on CL awhile ago, and did this car ever have 20's on them