PDA

View Full Version : H22a Swap Problem

IndianStig
05-10-2007, 10:57 PM
So I had my swap done into my 1992 Honda Prelude Si h23 5spd.

The h22a is in. I have header (cheapo), 2.5 inch exhaust, and stock cat. Here is the thread from super-honda that I have started along with all of my posts.

NOTE: Car does not over heat, check engine light comes on periodically.

A 1992 Prelude with a JDM H22a running a JDM P13 ECU. Great! Woohooo! :clappy

NOT

My car is slower then with the H23 and the revlimit is 5500rpm, something is DEFINITELY WRONG!

Anyone know what the issue maybe?

Things you may need to know:

-Has cheapo, tsuedo exhaust system (piping is all I was looking for, I'll get a good muffler later on)
-Has a cheapo header that I had to buy in hurry to get the car to run
-Running 93 octane
-New Clutch
-Car was warm
-No check engine light, just my existing ABS that was on BEFORE the swap too. My dad said he got a check engine light, I see JACKSHIT. Am I looking in the right place? LOL

Please help me out guys, I really miss having a prelude thats peppy and fun to take on mtn runs!

The oil is fine, great color too. Lol, its got 67 miles on it.

Is it safe to drive in this condition guys? Cause I need my car.....

Also, how would I go about trouble shooting the problem?

Here's somethings I notice when driving:

-Less TQ then the H23 which was all stock. Could this be my exhaust? I have 2.5 inch piping and a stock cat with at tsuedo muffler (hey i got the whole system for 200+ my stock with header) and i am not sure but it looks like some pretty big beefy header piping, i'll take some pictures.
-I noticed oil spillage in the engine bay due to a dipstick not in the whole last last night (dope....that wasn't my fault) but it might not be coming from there, tomorrow before going to school I am going to clean the engine bay areas with oil on them, drive to school, take it to 5500rpm once to see if it is coming from the dipstick, I HOPE TO GOD IT WAS THAT and not some leaky seals.
-The car is SLOW AS BALLS, a mid 90's 850 volvo glt? turbo was pulling on me like a motherfucker.
-The car hesitates around 5000rpm. Isn't 4800rpm the vtec kick in? my tach might be off, but i def feel a hesitation. (My thoughts on this, this must be my vtec fluid..........NOT. no really, maybe i'm not reading my oil right and should do another change and put exactly 5 qt's in?)

What do you guys suggest doing? p13 ecu or what? run a p72 or 28 with an h22 flash or something? Get a professional to wire the car? How much whp should I be making with a good running h22a? Cause I feel like i'm making less then 140 (the stock h23)....

I am really debating putting a stop payment on my engine and ecu because if it is their fault, I have no legal rights because the company is in canada. Of course I will pay them when the situation is sorted out.

HOW MANY QT'S OF OIL DOES MY CAR NEED? THE H22A, 5qts? More? Less? if its more then I think we have found the problem, but the engine was semi-warm and the dot was the second dot.

http://www.superhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3549140#post3549140

IndianStig
05-10-2007, 11:40 PM
I know someone on here is a Honda Tech and wants to help me on this. I wouldn't mind paying a small fee to the person that helps me narrow down the problem, I just can't afford the cost of going to honda. Maybe I'll go to Mainstream or something, I hear they do real good work.

.blank cd
06-21-2007, 09:47 AM
Its that JDM P13 ECU, someone else had one on here swapped in their accord a/ that same ECU and he said the rev limit was like 5. USDM ECU FTW

william_jeff
06-21-2007, 09:56 AM
yea i was just about to say the ecu too. i don't know about the JDM and the USDM ecu, i was just going to say replace the ecu, that seems to be your porblem.

redciv1
06-21-2007, 11:31 AM
pardon me for the clarification, but are you saying you are not running the P13? You can always run your original Accord ECU however that ECU has no reading for VTEC so your car would drive like an F22 and no power.

Ludester
06-29-2007, 05:10 PM
Its that JDM P13 ECU, someone else had one on here swapped in their accord a/ that same ECU and he said the rev limit was like 5. USDM ECU FTW

it is not the ecu... There is something else wrong. I'd like to see a pic of his engine bay. some pressure sensor or something is not hooked up; or is hooked up incorrectly or not hooked up at all. P13 should rev all the way up to 7600rpms with no problem. Whether it's jdm or not.

sullen
06-30-2007, 01:12 AM
not ecu. sounds like vacuum maybe. check the tb lines, and everything else. look for leaks.

allmotoronly
06-30-2007, 03:47 PM
prolly not a vaccum leak... that wound not cause the rev limiter to hit so early. It has to be the ECU. Beind jdm or not is not the problem. It may have been dropped or something at one time, because if the actual rev limiter is hitting, then that can be the only problem.

.blank cd
06-30-2007, 10:23 PM
prolly not a vaccum leak... that wound not cause the rev limiter to hit so early. It has to be the ECU. Beind jdm or not is not the problem. It may have been dropped or something at one time, because if the actual rev limiter is hitting, then that can be the only problem.

somethin like that. I wasnt saying being JDM was the problem, but a couple of other guys i know have run into the same problem w/ JDM ECUs

Ludester
07-01-2007, 11:42 PM
do you have a knock sensor hooked up? Do you have a vtec pressure switch hooked up?

an0therh22
07-02-2007, 05:08 PM
its most likely a ecu problem. 5500 only gives you 300 of vtec fun.

IndianStig
07-11-2007, 03:13 PM
LOL, IT WAS AN ECU PROBLEM. THEY SENT ME A DAMN JDM P14 INSTEAD OF P13. GOT IT SWAPPED OUT NOW IM KILLIN OUT THERE. WOOHOOOO!

2.0civic
07-11-2007, 03:19 PM
lol

Sammich
07-11-2007, 03:29 PM
congrats

IndianStig
07-11-2007, 07:52 PM
thanks for all the help guys, i was pretty mad that they sent me the wrong one. my mechanic just told me there was an ecu problem, i woulda never thought it was just the wrong damn ecu, lol. they corrected it though, im happy.

ps. anyone got a p28 or p72 with an h22 basemap they wanna sell me? or a usdm p13 they wanna trade me+cash?

truthfully, i just wanna see how my car is above 120, lol. jdm=limited to 120ish.

an0therh22
07-11-2007, 08:08 PM
i got you a p72. pm me bro. glad your car is running. h22 FTW!!

redciv1
07-31-2007, 08:14 AM
Yes. Another H22 on the road. I am longing the day for my CBh22 is on the road. :goodjob: