PDA

View Full Version : I need a JOB!

BiH1320
05-10-2007, 02:44 PM
Like the title states. I need a job big time. RIGHT NOW. I need something that pays more than minimum wage. I will be turning 18 next month. But I need a job right now. I need something in the Lawrenceville area. Doesnt matter what kinda job it is. I will take it. I do have my GED. I am looking to work from 10AM -5 PM. Monday through Friday. Or 7AM - 3PM. Someone please help me. I go out and all they say is they are not hirring. I hate that crap. I need something that I will atleast make atleast around $200 or more a week..

PM me if you have a job for me.

:yes:

iloveboost
05-10-2007, 02:46 PM
Publix, UPS, FedEx, Grocery stores, restaurants...

QuikTrip is always hiring.

The BUCKY
05-10-2007, 02:47 PM
i can try to get you a job doing labor work for a grading company but alot of the time you will be gone all week out of town. prob start at $9. if your out of town you get an extra $20 day with at least 50 hrs

BiH1320
05-10-2007, 02:47 PM
I work at Ingles. It sucks! 6.50 an hour. I only get like $120 a week. Which is nothing. I need something harder. I've applied at QuickTrip several of times and I went to their main corp, and applied there too. But no luck.:no:

BiH1320
05-10-2007, 02:49 PM
i can try to get you a job doing labor work for a grading company but alot of the time you will be gone all week out of town. prob start at $9. if your out of town you get an extra $20 day with at least 50 hrs

Ill do it. Whatever it takes to make money and I dont want a easy job either. They are borring at tiring. So please try and get me a job! :yes:

BiH1320
05-10-2007, 07:55 PM
BUMP! Please read and help.

Nismo
05-10-2007, 09:18 PM
GED= Good Enough Degree. Go back to school kid and finish highschool.

phongt12
05-10-2007, 09:41 PM
Have you considered working at an office supply store like Staples? I'm making around $8.75/hr right now. It's not that great of pay, but I love working with my co-workers and I'm always guaranteed a job there when I come back for the summers. I started out in office supplies and moved my way into electronics selling routers, laptops, printers, etc. I've been with Staples since I was 18.

iloveboost
05-10-2007, 10:17 PM
GED= Good Enough Degree. Go back to school kid and finish highschool.
Uhhh... you do know a GED is the equivalent of a high school diploma, right? :rolleyes:

BiH1320
05-10-2007, 10:31 PM
Dammnit I need a job.

81911SC
05-11-2007, 12:28 AM
Uhhh... you do know a GED is the equivalent of a high school diploma, right? :rolleyes:
Technically it is, but everybody knows its different.

hydroshutter
05-11-2007, 12:40 AM
Technically it is, but everybody knows its different.

If you work in an office that matters, listen in whenever a big boss is interviewing or going over someone's application. You'll hear, "She/He has a BS in Business"

Notice where he said they got it from? He didn't. He doesn't care. He just cares that He/She has that piece of paper.

This doesn't apply to all jobs, but most. We're not talking about the medical field or anything like that...

81911SC
05-11-2007, 01:43 AM
If you work in an office that matters, listen in whenever a big boss is interviewing or going over someone's application. You'll hear, "She/He has a BS in Business"

GED does not =BS Degree. Which im guesing he is not in school, since he didnt make it through High School. Scenairo 1: Played out.

smokinbud247
05-11-2007, 08:56 AM
Like the title states. I need a job big time. RIGHT NOW. I need something that pays more than minimum wage. I will be turning 18 next month. But I need a job right now. I need something in the Lawrenceville area. Doesnt matter what kinda job it is. I will take it. I do have my GED. I am looking to work from 10AM -5 PM. Monday through Friday. Or 7AM - 3PM. Someone please help me. I go out and all they say is they are not hirring. I hate that crap. I need something that I will atleast make atleast around $200 or more a week..

PM me if you have a job for me.

:yes:way to set the bar high for yourself, gotta love americas youth and their strive to be the best;)

BiH1320
05-11-2007, 10:52 AM
way to set the bar high for yourself, gotta love americas youth and their strive to be the best;)

Fuckin idiot. Whoever said I was American? I am only 17 and I need a job.

SLow_POke
05-11-2007, 12:53 PM
i got a job for you . if you know now to drive a forklift or elec pallet jack . potentially able to make 13 hr

pm for more info

ep9716
05-11-2007, 04:30 PM
Dude Hit Up Qt. My Friend Works There Gets Paid 8.50 Or 9.50 Don't Remember. Still Good Money.

BiH1320
05-11-2007, 04:59 PM
i got a job for you . if you know now to drive a forklift or elec pallet jack . potentially able to make 13 hr

pm for more info

no experience with forklifters. but i am a quicklearner.
can i still get the job?

CRXchic19
05-11-2007, 05:02 PM
way to set the bar high for yourself, gotta love americas youth and their strive to be the best;)

fuck that, i'll retire before age 30. i think over 70% of jobs in the USA are service jobs.

btw if you are willing to travel a little, i know a lot of stores are hiring in mall of GA.

Blitanicle99
05-11-2007, 06:03 PM
Forklifts are easy to learn. So are electric pallet jacks. Screw with one for a one and youve got it down.
Also, hang out at home depots and ask contractors if they are looking for people. I get paid 12 an hour for my time. Im not exelent carpenter, but from workin six months with this company I can well manage myself amongst guys that have been doing it 10 years. Shit even today, I outsmarted two guys with a crazy piece of siding I had to do. It took me almost an hour to get all the cuts right (probably 10 different angles in a 23 inch piece). You might like it, I love workin with my hands outside. Whenever I get the money to get my own house, Ill tell you right now I wont be paying some company to do shit for me because Ill know how to do it.

T-Mo Goodie
05-11-2007, 08:04 PM
I am still fairly new at the "Store Manager" position but I can tell you that it is all about what you put on that application. I get ignorant ass (or so they seem on paper) people applying for positions.

i.e... a guy came in to apply (back when we had paper applications) and instead of him filling out the application, he just wants to attach his resume. So he asked to speak to a hiring manager. He handed me the app and said he was truly interested. I looked at the BLANK app and told him to fill it out. This dumb fucker said "I attached my resume." I told him that he still had to fill out the app. He got mad and said that 'I' was waisting 'his' time and that all that info is on his resume. I told him to "keep it moving" LOL what an idiot.

Then you get the people that think that they can SLIDE through the background process. I tell them that we do background checks and they still apply knowing they have a HELLAFIDE list of felonies and shit.

I can go on for days with some of my adventures in hiring.. The best advice I can give (and also something I am trying to instill in my 16yr old neice) is keep it professional. Sell yourself (don't over do it) because sometimes the only thing you are in front of someone is a black and white piece of paper.

T-Mo Goodie
05-11-2007, 08:08 PM
Just venting a little more:

I had this one applicant apply and when they listed current/previous jobs they averaged making $6-7 an hour, but in the 'looking to get' (or whatever it says) they were asking for $20/hr. No experience, knowledge, or skills in the automotive field, let alone management. That one got tossed to the side...........

SLow_POke
05-12-2007, 12:10 AM
no experience with forklifters. but i am a quicklearner.
can i still get the job?

yeah . if you want more info just leave me a PM.

superfox1
05-13-2007, 08:31 AM
When I was a hiring manager, I wouldn't hire anyone that didn't have an HS diploma.....if they couldn't do high school, they couldn't do what I wanted them too either.

I had a girl tell me she didn't finish HS but got her GED...when I asked what her future plans were, she said she wanted to "be a doctor or lawyer...or something" What a joke!

OUTLAW
05-14-2007, 08:17 AM
tht is a very stupid thing to say. wht u think just cause she has a ged she can never become sucessful in life. u never know wht made a person drop put of high school to get there ged. i had to drop out my senior year of highschool. cause my mom had a heartattack n i had to move home to take care of her. so think before u make dumb ass comments
When I was a hiring manager, I wouldn't hire anyone that didn't have an HS diploma.....if they couldn't do high school, they couldn't do what I wanted them too either.

I had a girl tell me she didn't finish HS but got her GED...when I asked what her future plans were, she said she wanted to "be a doctor or lawyer...or something" What a joke!

hydroshutter
05-14-2007, 11:41 AM
GED does not =BS Degree. Which im guesing he is not in school, since he didnt make it through High School. Scenairo 1: Played out.

I know, dude. I was just making a quick reference of how it is in the office I work in, and have heard from a lot of the VP's, Supervisors, and some mentors I've had along the way.

superfox1
05-14-2007, 05:44 PM
tht is a very stupid thing to say. wht u think just cause she has a ged she can never become sucessful in life. u never know wht made a person drop put of high school to get there ged. i had to drop out my senior year of highschool. cause my mom had a heartattack n i had to move home to take care of her. so think before u make dumb ass comments

Dumb ass comments come from people who say they want to be a Doctor or lawyer "or something" after telling me she dropped out of school to get her GED...it really doesnt matter the reason...a GED is a GED. My best friend had to bury both his mother and father in highschool...he quit, but went back. Excuses are just that, excuses.

I am sure some people can become great with a GED, but did the company I worked for hire them...nope! Most jobs I have worked for would not hire you if you have a GED.

Yup, I thought about that comment too:goodjob:

SleeperWRX
05-14-2007, 06:42 PM
If you're willing to work hard you will make a life if not you're just a sucker.... I got a job @ Mizuno with TRC after 2 1/2 months of my hard work I get hired and guess what, They decide to pay for my school since I'm the youngest worker I guess.. I was told to take "Bussiness Managment".. I'm a groupe leader now, to those that worked there more then 5 years...and they're madd becuase I am actually doing something..