PDA

View Full Version : Newer Volvo Qs

GTScoob
05-10-2007, 03:11 AM
My parents just bought a brand new 07 Volvo C70 a couple weeks back. My mom wants some better speakers, do any of you know what it takes and how hard it would be to integrate into the stock radio?

How's the reliability on the turbocharged I-5? I imagine the engine is based off the same architecture of the S60R engine but detuned. Are there any cheap/free HP mods for it? Its my mom's daily driver but my dad cant wait for her to break it in so he can give it hell (me too :D ). I told him to at least get a K&N filter for it if nothing else.

VooDooXII
05-30-2007, 01:30 AM
The C70 is BEAUTIFUL...hah, the folding top is a work of art in itself.

I don't know much about sound...and I think the K&N filter is about as far as you can go for "cheap" upgrades. Whenever I think Volvo, I always think ECU upgrades for some reason.

Here's what I can tell you about the engine though. Being that it's a five cylinder, you may notice that it's a little rougher. It's hard to balance an odd amount of cylinders, you know? There may be some issues with cold starts, but the weather down here rarely will get cold enough for that problem. Really, I think you'd only have to worry about the electricals...but much later on, being that it's a brand new car. Volvo builds solid engines...it's the other little annoyances you'd have to worry about, as with most European cars.

Hah, I was looking at owner reviews for the S60 with the same engine, and I come across this.

Unexpectedly high fuel consuption above 200 km/h (125 mph).

I LIRLed.

_Christian_
06-01-2007, 07:12 PM
ecu+exhaust(dont know if your mom would mind an exhaust) t5's are easy to get extra power out of. try going to volvospeed.com

2turbo4u
06-02-2007, 06:54 PM
IPDUSA.com

superboost
06-13-2007, 06:05 PM
ECU, exhaust and reverse intercooler mod if its applicable to your car. If you want to go a bit deeper, see about an S60r manifold and turbo. Its very easy to get 300whp out of that car. By that time, your tranny will begin to complain.

GTScoob
06-24-2007, 12:47 AM
Yeah her car is the sex, I'm jealous other than the lack of headroom in the car. She calls it the transformer car because of how the top folds down. I think she's up to 600 miles now on it, I'll write up a good summary when I can put it through its paces. I'm trying to convince my parents to follow me up to the Dragon in it some weekend.

I think Car and Driver summed it up best in their most recent review that if you're wanting a sporting car look elsewhere but for a very comfy cruiser convertable with great looks and a great motor the C70 is where its at. She keeps raving about how great Volvo customer service is also; they let my parents drive the car home for a night without even signing the finance papers since the bank was closed by the time they finished working the deal.

VooDooXII
06-24-2007, 11:44 AM
Ahh, the top on the C70 is a work of art (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vG_xOZxtjQ). Hah, I'd definitely call it the Transformer.

R_Rated
07-04-2007, 06:17 AM
ECU, exhaust and reverse intercooler mod if its applicable to your car. If you want to go a bit deeper, see about an S60r manifold and turbo. Its very easy to get 300whp out of that car. By that time, your tranny will begin to complain.

this is good thought for an 850... newer volvos are not easy to add turbos on. I have the only running P2 chasis volvo in the US with a bigger/aftermarket turbo. Mikey will have one up and running soon. Also, a reverse intercooler pipe is not an option on the newer volvos.

superboost
07-16-2007, 09:59 AM
this is good thought for an 850... newer volvos are not easy to add turbos on. I have the only running P2 chasis volvo in the US with a bigger/aftermarket turbo. Mikey will have one up and running soon. Also, a reverse intercooler pipe is not an option on the newer volvos.

ohhh. p2. Right, i was thinking Gen 1 c70 (850 chasis). I'm still running an older rwd car, so its all "new" to me. I'm gonna stick with those lol. Easy turbo swaps ftw, but the newer cars are PIMP.