PDA

View Full Version : I Have Some ?'s About Formula D This Weekend...

Superhatch
05-09-2007, 10:19 PM
Never been to Road Atlanta before....is there stadium seating or do we need to bring chairs?

Can you bring coolers in?

Is it worth going to on Friday?

I think thats about it as of now.

KAKid240
05-09-2007, 10:21 PM
I would like to add to these, can we get tix at the gate? I have gone there for years, but it could have changed for this event. Also how much will it be?

Elbow
05-09-2007, 10:26 PM
you can get em at the gate...i hope, bring chairs or stadium on other side of track, coolers are ok.

The Yousef
05-09-2007, 10:27 PM
bring the following:

-chairs
-sunblock
-hat
-drinks
-sunblock

SniperJoe
05-09-2007, 10:58 PM
I would also bring some caffeine if you are Josh. NO SLEEPING AT DRIFT ATLANTA!

Superhatch
05-09-2007, 11:00 PM
Sweet. I figure that drinks will be like $13 a piece like they usually are at events like this, so a cooler will be awesome. Its all hot so people will pay out the ass for a can of Coke. lol

So, it sounds like if you want to sit in the stadium seating you will be further away from the action, is this right? If so, I'll have to go pick up some folding chairs or something.

S II K
05-09-2007, 11:09 PM
can you bring beer in a cooler? :drink:

S II K
05-09-2007, 11:11 PM
oh i also heard that if you print out a flyer itll be 2 dollars cheaper...is that true?

Leadfoot_mf
05-09-2007, 11:11 PM
can you bring beer in a cooler? :drink:
should be able to if over 21 u can for the other car races.

ubers2k
05-09-2007, 11:14 PM
Sweet. I figure that drinks will be like $13 a piece like they usually are at events like this, so a cooler will be awesome. Its all hot so people will pay out the ass for a can of Coke. lol

So, it sounds like if you want to sit in the stadium seating you will be further away from the action, is this right? If so, I'll have to go pick up some folding chairs or something.

Damn bro, what the hell do you drink? I know they aren't that much. I went last year and only spent maybe $60 on food, drinks, and a few shirts...

Standing against the fence is your best bet, and it's better than sitting down IMO...

Oh, just an FYI: The HKS Altezza (Genki's new drift car) will be appearing. I posted a vid on it... go look!

One more thing: Friday is all qualifying rounds. It's fun to go see who will be there, but the main event is the best. If you do go to both, make sure you buy tickets and then pick them up via will-call. Type in NEWSLETTER for a $2 discount, and you'll only spend like $25.xx on tix. I'll be there... 21st birthday!

ubers2k
05-09-2007, 11:15 PM
you CAN pick up tickets at the gate, but they may be more. Best thing is this: www.formulad.com (http://www.formulad.com/)

Elbow
05-09-2007, 11:27 PM
Stadium seating is not far from track, usually it is all just crowded along the fence you just do whatever to get in on it. It is an awesome event and very well ran. Have fun!

Superhatch
05-09-2007, 11:57 PM
Damn bro, what the hell do you drink? I know they aren't that much.

I was being sarcastic. I know they arent really 13 bux a pop! durr. lol Drinks are expensive though.

ubers2k
05-10-2007, 07:46 AM
I was being sarcastic. I know they arent really 13 bux a pop! durr. lol Drinks are expensive though.

yeah, I kinda figured... you're looking at about $4.50 or so I guess... not that bad but still kinda high

Nemesis
05-10-2007, 07:53 AM
Ive gone the past two years to many Formula D events as a photographer. Atlanta has held the only two day event. The first day isnt as exciting as the second day since no driver wants to ruin their chances of competing on saturday. However, they still do put on a good show. Youll be walking a lot so be prepared. Coolers are okay.

The Yousef
05-10-2007, 07:59 AM
Youll be walking a lot so be prepared..

....indeed

bkou
05-10-2007, 09:54 AM
I would also bring some caffeine if you are Josh. NO SLEEPING AT DRIFT ATLANTA!

they should supply every one with ROCKSTAR energy Drink. because last year i brought like 2 case of them home.