PDA

View Full Version : 3 questions

passwordATL
05-09-2007, 04:32 PM
1. How did IA get started
2. How did V meet start
3. Who owns IA

I have been wondering since I heard about IA. Can some one help me out her?

s13sliderŽ
05-09-2007, 04:33 PM
pual/admin and julio own the site dont know about the other stuff

quickdodgeŽ
05-09-2007, 04:36 PM
1. How did IA get started
2. How did V meet start
3. Who owns IA

1. A few people(friends) brought about the idea for the site off of an old club site called East Coast Hondas, I believe. It was Brian Miller, Julio, and another dude. Not remembering his name.

2. The V meet has always been a meeting spot for clubs and such because it is a good, central location to everyone. Different clubs chose different days.

3. Julio is the actual owner of the site. Paul(admin) and Julio run the shit. I think Paul has some say in the ownership, too.

Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
05-09-2007, 04:36 PM
pual/admin and julio own the site dont know about the other stuff

IIRC, you're wrong on that. Check answer #3 in my post above yours. later, QD.

cactusEG
05-09-2007, 04:38 PM
i didnt know all that to.. and to add to passwordatl how do they make money off this besides sponsors ?

FDslider
05-09-2007, 04:42 PM
i didnt know all that to.. and to add to passwordatl how do they make money off this besides sponsors ?
Didn't you know? When you retire, you can cash in on your reps like a 401K. That's why it is so important to be loved by somebody.

quickdodgeŽ
05-09-2007, 04:42 PM

I won't get into that. That part's up to the higher ups to tell if they want. Later, QD.

cactusEG
05-09-2007, 04:53 PM
I won't get into that. That part's up to the higher ups to tell if they want. Later, QD.

ok.. maybe julio can help out?

Leadfoot_mf
05-09-2007, 04:55 PM
boards generally don't make a profit the money they make goes into site costs they do this because they love us.

quickdodgeŽ
05-09-2007, 05:00 PM
I will say this about money... Julio, from the beginning, has always stated, and stuck by this, that he would never charge anyone to be on this site. Asmuch money as it costs to run this site, he would never ask the members for monetary help. Not even donations. Later, QD.

cactusEG
05-09-2007, 05:03 PM
I will say this about money... Julio, from the beginning, has always stated, and stuck by this, that he would never charge anyone to be on this site. Asmuch money as it costs to run this site, he would never ask the members for monetary help. Not even donations. Later, QD.

i dont mean asking ppls for money to start an account on IA.. if thats wat u mean.. im just wandering how this site stays up i have to pay some kinda fees to some one to have this up.

Julio
05-09-2007, 05:07 PM
The spill..

Back in 99-00 I use to browse a site called SIATLANTA aka Importlounge now...

I went to a few meets where east coast honda and SIATLANTA used to meet.. I noticed the SIATLANTA crew were really into the SI at the time.. and had there own click.. If you didnt have an SI or were EMO you were not "cool" to them.. (lol) No, but really.. It look like there site was more geared towards the CIVIC SI at the time..I also used to browse Honda-acura.net and saw how they were succesful by opening to all models other then CIVICS..

So I decided to start something.. the 1st person I ever told about my idea was Chirs aka 4bangin on IA.. he said it could be cool..

Next problem was.. I didnt know shit about how to start a website or nothing.. At the time I was in a car club called Perfected Images and I spoke with Brian Miller who had a little knowledge about how to go about building a site etc..
At 1st he was 50/50 about the whole idea, until he finally said ok, Ill help you... this was around NOV 2000.. so we built a site, well brian did.. and on FEB of 2001 Importatlanta.com was launched.

Perfected Images car club was pretty known locally and with the help of team members we pushed the Site at all events we attended.
One of our biggest Marketing ideas was letting people say whatever the hell they wanted to say.. It worked..... No matter what.. People love reading bullshit.. is just the way our crazy minds worked. .. and here we are today..

Alot of bumpy roads in the last few years.. but we are here..

I had a few partners on the site..
Brian, pablo, Rushi, Chris (importsouth) and Now paul...

There you go.

quickdodgeŽ
05-09-2007, 05:08 PM
I was pretty much right, lolol. Later, QD.

cactusEG
05-09-2007, 05:12 PM
The spill..

Back in 99-00 I use to browse a site called SIATLANTA aka Importlounge now...

I went to a few meets where east coast honda and SIATLANTA used to meet.. I noticed the SIATLANTA crew were really into the SI at the time.. and had there own click.. If you didnt have an SI or were EMO you were not "cool" to them.. (lol) No, but really.. It look like there site was more geared towards the CIVIC SI at the time..I also used to browse Honda-acura.net and saw how they were succesful by opening to all models other then CIVICS..

So I decided to start something.. the 1st person I ever told about my idea was Chirs aka 4bangin on IA.. he said it could be cool..

Next problem was.. I didnt know shit about how to start a website or nothing.. At the time I was in a car club called Perfected Images and I spoke with Brian Miller who had a little knowledge about how to go about building a site etc..
At 1st he was 50/50 about the whole idea, until he finally said ok, Ill help you... this was around NOV 2000.. so we built a site, well brian did.. and on FEB of 2001 Importatlanta.com was launched.

Perfected Images car club was pretty known locally and with the help of team members we pushed the Site at all events we attended.
One of our biggest Marketing ideas was letting people say whatever the hell they wanted to say.. It worked..... No matter what.. People love reading bullshit.. is just the way our crazy minds worked. .. and here we are today..

Alot of bumpy roads in the last few years.. but we are here..

I had a few partners on the site..
Brian, pablo, Rushi, Chris (importsouth) and Now paul...

There you go.

thanks.. and i've heard of siatlatna,

Julio
05-09-2007, 05:14 PM
The site generates income through Advertisers and events......

We are running almost if not more then 1 terrabyte of traffic a month.. Not sure how much exactly, paul is the webman.. but last he told me we were there.

You can go an inquire with any hosting company and ask how much they will charge for that much traffic.
Good thing we have a GREAT hosting company and we know the guy and hes giving us a great deal.. but still, is not cheap.

The time we put into this site between me and paul is crazy. Is a fulltime job.
Honestly, we make less then minimun wage on the site.. after all is paid, set and done.

PhAtBoYMr2
05-09-2007, 05:17 PM
naw fuck that i own this bitch!

Julio
05-09-2007, 05:18 PM
The V meets been around for a looooooooooooonggggggggggggg time.

Car clubs been meeting there for yearssssssssssssssssss... I think someone of us were not even born.
I been in GA since 96 and I think I went to one in 97.. Bunch of Dubs and other cars.. so is a old spot.

Who started, I dont know.. rumors is the old beetle folks did.. but I dont know.

cactusEG
05-09-2007, 05:21 PM

Car clubs been meeting there for yearssssssssssssssssss... I think someone of us were not even born.
I been in GA since 96 and I think I went to one in 97.. Bunch of Dubs and other cars.. so is a old spot.

Who started, I dont know.. rumors is the old beetle folks did.. but I dont know.

i guess the import scene in ATL is getting bigger .. almost like LA cali almost not really tho but getting there

passwordATL
05-09-2007, 05:24 PM
my questions have been answered. Thanks guys

EM1toEVO
05-09-2007, 05:25 PM
I remember you on siatlanta, Julio. I was milanolightning at the time(red civic si). I live in Athens so i never go around to the meets in atlanta. I also remember when you told everyone over there(now importlounge) about the site. I never got around to posting much on IA until recently. Although, I have browsed this site since the beginning. I just want to say what a great job you(and your partners over the years) have done with the site.

B16a2 Civic
05-09-2007, 05:28 PM
First time I saw the name was on the yellow civic with the split hood

FDslider
05-09-2007, 05:39 PM
First time I saw the name was on the yellow civic with the split hood
From Ultimate Auto Boutique! I saw it at Nopi in '01-'02? Damn, thems the good ole days.

Slowboy
05-09-2007, 05:42 PM
I cant remember how i head bout the site. but all that info is pretty cool. Yeah IL i was on for bout a year i think. Someone told be bout IA. and since then i been on IA. IL is really slow and boring. and takes weeks for a reply. lol

EM1toEVO
05-09-2007, 05:43 PM
^^So true!!

FDslider
05-09-2007, 05:46 PM
Thank god for the Fast and the Furious. If that movie did not exist, we would not get the ricers in here for some classic flaming.

Crazy Asian
05-09-2007, 05:46 PM
LOL I just realized I never introduced myself. I just roamed around on IA like a cow muching on other ppl's thread. Then I start to come out to meet occasionally.

Mr_Mischif
05-09-2007, 05:54 PM
People love reading bullshit.

Understatement of the decade.

yerrow
05-09-2007, 09:24 PM
this is something julio wrote many years ago and brings a tear to my eye everytime i read it cuz i'm mentioned

About Us
Founded in November of 2000 By Brian Miller and Julio Morillo. The Idea was simple, Bring the scene together for one purpose, Our Love Of the Scene. The Site finally launched Feb 24th,2001, A date that I will never forget, it's like my 2nd Birthday, IA.COM is part of my life.It was a definate humble beggining, but with the support of major local shops, local Big boy tuners and Local Clubs, The name was known through the northern part of GA quickly. Shops Like Mahdavi Motorsports, Signguy, UAB and Clubs like Perfected Images, Xrated, people like Jeff Touswma,Greg Chup, Donnie Sukarome,Pablo Rodiguez, Josh Nixon are people that Backed and supported the new beggining for a change in the SCENE in GA today. I know these names and places sound very familiar. If not, you just started to be part of a Large Legacy.Some Of these names might no longer be associated with IA.com, But our respect and apreciation will never be forgoten.
We are so proud for what we have done, The change is noticible by miles. I have meet hundreds of people in the past couple of year, I wonder if that would have happened without IA.com? I know you have to, ask yourself that same question? IA.com has helped Shops,Tuners,Car clubs get bigger and more known through our Site and Forums. We have had alot of falls in the past, But we get up quick and managed to keep our heads up with pride.Now we are bigger and stronger,But without your support all this wouldve been a waste of your time and our time, It hasent and for that we thank you.

We will continue to strive and provide you with only the best we can with what we have and what we have is you the loyal supporter of IMPORTATLANTA.COM, what else can we ask for? Thats strong enough.

I would like to thanks each and everyone of you for your support over the past couple of year, it means alot to me personally and profesionally! Without you guys we are nothing! And for that you are considered friend for ever! LOVE YOU ALL

Love You All,
IA Staff

cactusEG
05-09-2007, 10:00 PM
this is something julio wrote many years ago and brings a tear to my eye everytime i read it cuz i'm mentioned

About Us
Founded in November of 2000 By Brian Miller and Julio Morillo. The Idea was simple, Bring the scene together for one purpose, Our Love Of the Scene. The Site finally launched Feb 24th,2001, A date that I will never forget, it's like my 2nd Birthday, IA.COM is part of my life.It was a definate humble beggining, but with the support of major local shops, local Big boy tuners and Local Clubs, The name was known through the northern part of GA quickly. Shops Like Mahdavi Motorsports, Signguy, UAB and Clubs like Perfected Images, Xrated, people like Jeff Touswma,Greg Chup, Donnie Sukarome,Pablo Rodiguez, Josh Nixon are people that Backed and supported the new beggining for a change in the SCENE in GA today. I know these names and places sound very familiar. If not, you just started to be part of a Large Legacy.Some Of these names might no longer be associated with IA.com, But our respect and apreciation will never be forgoten.
We are so proud for what we have done, The change is noticible by miles. I have meet hundreds of people in the past couple of year, I wonder if that would have happened without IA.com? I know you have to, ask yourself that same question? IA.com has helped Shops,Tuners,Car clubs get bigger and more known through our Site and Forums. We have had alot of falls in the past, But we get up quick and managed to keep our heads up with pride.Now we are bigger and stronger,But without your support all this wouldve been a waste of your time and our time, It hasent and for that we thank you.

We will continue to strive and provide you with only the best we can with what we have and what we have is you the loyal supporter of IMPORTATLANTA.COM, what else can we ask for? Thats strong enough.

I would like to thanks each and everyone of you for your support over the past couple of year, it means alot to me personally and profesionally! Without you guys we are nothing! And for that you are considered friend for ever! LOVE YOU ALL

Love You All,
IA Staff

+1 for finding this .. :goodjob:

yerrow
05-10-2007, 10:25 PM
i don't know if julio still remembers it

HvyArms
05-10-2007, 11:03 PM
i don't know if julio still remembers it

...whatever man, go get my decals.

yerrow
05-11-2007, 10:00 AM
get your car registered first

Killer
05-11-2007, 10:25 AM

yeah, from what i've been told is that it was a vdub meet from the get go.. then slowly turned into anyone that has looked at a car.