PDA

View Full Version : Little Tally trackday

David88vert
05-06-2007, 09:02 PM
Just got back in from the NESBA trackday. Everyone had fun, with only a couple of problems. Burnt a clutch on the RS250, a friend wrecked his 954RR (very lightly), wore out some tires, etc. Ok day all in all.

MIght sell my track bike though in the next few days. Looking at another one, and can't afford two. If I do sell it though, I will probably miss the Road Atlanta date coming up. Hard decisions....

Anyone else hit NESBA or STT?

The BUCKY
05-06-2007, 09:29 PM
i wish i didnt have so much goin on that i could afford to do track days.

CSquared
05-06-2007, 09:37 PM
That's a cool ass little track. A ran a couple of laps 2-3 years ago but i hear they re-did everything recently.

David88vert
05-07-2007, 06:22 AM
It's definately easier in the sectons they changed. Can only run CCW now though. I really prefer CW on that track. It showed in my riding also.

Don't do the track on your R6. You don't want to risk the bike going down. Used a cheap bike.

The BUCKY
05-07-2007, 03:09 PM
yea i didnt want to run the 6. i know i wouldnt ride hard on it

Ericp
05-07-2007, 05:14 PM
bucky's just scared :yes:

The BUCKY
05-07-2007, 05:46 PM
yea scared to hurt my girl. i want to go to the track bad!!!

Ericp
05-07-2007, 10:06 PM
yeah I don't blame you, I would have to cry for you if you messed up that bike

lightspeed
05-08-2007, 07:33 PM
Just got back in from the NESBA trackday. Everyone had fun, with only a couple of problems. Burnt a clutch on the RS250, a friend wrecked his 954RR (very lightly), wore out some tires, etc. Ok day all in all.
You have an aprilla rs250? :thinking: PM me some details on condition, etc and how much you want for it.

David88vert
05-08-2007, 09:48 PM
The Aprilla is a buddy's bike. He just got it, but wants a Honda RS250 really badly. He just put a paint job on it, and has ridden it this past weekend for the 1st time. Here's a pic of it. He hasn't decided if he will sell it yet, but I figure he will if I find him the Honda. He also has a ZX7RR track bike that was built for the Canadian Superbike series - everything full superbike, including big bore.

David88vert
05-08-2007, 09:49 PM
My bike is the FZR400 in the background. I just put it up for sale in the Flea Market section because I am getting another trackbike that I can't pass up.

lightspeed
05-11-2007, 05:18 PM
My bike is the FZR400 in the background. I just put it up for sale in the Flea Market section because I am getting another trackbike that I can't pass up.
Cool on the rs250... Id like to get one, but I dont get to the track enough and Id have to be able to ride it on the street. Ive seen one running around here with a headlight and a tag, but Im sure its not really legal LOL I think that would be awesome up in N Georgia...
Wow...an FZR400. I havent seen one of those in a long time. I remember reading that those were fantastic handling bikes, but they didnt catch on too well here due to relative lack of power compared to the 600s. Id keep that thing...its a classic old-school repli-racer. It looks to be in great shape.

David88vert
05-12-2007, 06:39 AM
Cool on the rs250... Id like to get one, but I dont get to the track enough and Id have to be able to ride it on the street. Ive seen one running around here with a headlight and a tag, but Im sure its not really legal LOL I think that would be awesome up in N Georgia...
Wow...an FZR400. I havent seen one of those in a long time. I remember reading that those were fantastic handling bikes, but they didnt catch on too well here due to relative lack of power compared to the 600s. Id keep that thing...its a classic old-school repli-racer. It looks to be in great shape.
The RS will never be a good street bike. It's a 2 stroke, and has to be rebuilt every 1K miles or so. It makes NO power until you get high in the powerband.

This thing isn't even close to stock. I'm used to riding a 1liter (never have had a 600), and this thing is a handful at the track. It accellerates close to the 600s, just doesn't have quite the top end. But that doesn't matter on tracks like Tally.
I can't keep it and get the other bike that I want, so this one has to go. It needs nothing but a new throttle cable (old one is just old, but works well), and that goes on this week. What sucks is that I just replaced all of the little stuff (spark plugs, brake pads, etc) over the last 3 weeks - so I've spent a good bit on it lately. Everything is new.

lightspeed
05-12-2007, 12:34 PM
I agree, its not an optimal streetbike. But it would be fun as hell to trailer up there and blast around 60/180/75 on it.