PDA

View Full Version : General Chat cops have nothing better to do!!

MrEG62U
07-01-2005, 03:14 PM
Anybody I live in smyrna and the cops dont have shit else to do but bother imports. I know 6 people that have gotten tickets for aftermarket exhaust What the fuck happened I just heard it for the first time a week ago Anybody else got one? :jerkit:

quickdodgeŽ
07-01-2005, 03:20 PM
YAY!!!! Another, "I hate the cops for doing their jobs" thread. Later, QD.

Tracy
07-01-2005, 03:20 PM
I have a shop in Smyrna. I got a ticket for suspended tag, never heard of that before. The cop just tookthe tag off my car. It took me 6 weeks to get it back. No one knew where it was and the tag office wouldn't let me get a new one because they said "Police don't take tags from cars". I was like WTF! Are you kidding me. Since I'm from Fulton Co., they proceeded to bash Fulton county and myself for living there....WTF!!!! When I was in court, there were 16 people there who had gotten tickets for tint the day they changed the law back. The solicitor told one lady "Ignorance of the law is no excuse" when she stated that she got the ticket the day the law was passed and she didn't know it had changed!!! ASSHOLES!!!!

Danny
07-01-2005, 03:27 PM
YAY!!!! Another, "I hate the cops for doing their jobs" thread. Later, QD.

yup, let em hate. They will probably need a cops help one day. tards.

Tracy
07-01-2005, 03:33 PM
I'm not hating. I'm stating the facts.
1.The cops took my tag.
2.Didn't know what they had done with it after 6 weeks
3.called me names for living in Fulton co. to my face
4.They also told me that taking your tag has been a law for years for a suspended tag but they just started carrying out the law in Goergia to collect more revenue. They told me this after they made me run around fro 6 weeks looking for my tag that wasn't suspended to begin with.

quickdodgeŽ
07-01-2005, 03:37 PM

Definitely agreed. And if they do need one, hopefully the cops will all be out doing something they shouldn't be doing. Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
07-01-2005, 03:38 PM
I'm not hating. I'm stating the facts.
The cops took my tag.
Didn't know what they had done with it after 6 weeks
called me names for living in Fulton co. to my face

Yea, but you aren't making a post about cops and how stupid they are. Later, QD.

Tracer
07-01-2005, 03:38 PM
Tracy is a Hater!!!!!

quickdodgeŽ
07-01-2005, 03:39 PM
LOLOL!! At least you spelled hater right. Most of the time I see it spelled on here, it has 2 T's. Later, QD.

Tracy
07-01-2005, 03:42 PM
Yea, but you aren't making a post about cops and how stupid they are. Later, QD.

OK maybe I'm not, but sometimes they are. I guess they are human.....But what about this?...

So, if you weren't on the internet all day and didn't know that the law had changed today and you went out in yor car with tint that was too dark and you got a ticket, you wouldn't be like WTF?

The last time I needed a cop we were robbed at gunpoint. They came to my house and took pictures of my cars outside that had nothing to do with the robbery. Never took any fingerprints, even though there were bloody finger prints all over the walls of my house (in every room). Then when I found evidence of the person who robbed us which consisted of a watch and a hat (with hairs in it), they never came back to pick it up. They told me that there were only 2 people in their department and they didn't have time to come pick it up. I'm assuming that if Dan had died after being beaten in the head with a gun from bleeding to death, they would have wanted that evidence. IDK though. Just a thought.

Needless to say..they never caught the person. I guess they were too busy :)

quickdodgeŽ
07-01-2005, 03:45 PM
You're completely right. Cops are human and make mistakes. I do agree, it seems that some(I said some) cops are assholes. In cases like the one you just posted, that shit is fucked up. I can understand your feelings towards those officers and shit. But to come on here, knowing you broke the law, and say cops suck is just stupid as hell. Later, QD.

Tracy
07-01-2005, 04:48 PM
. But to come on here, knowing you broke the law, and say cops suck is just stupid as hell. Later, QD.

True!

4spauto
07-01-2005, 06:56 PM
I'm bone stock (for now) so I don't get hassled for stuff...now atleast. I still think its funny how everynow and then a cop will ride my bumper for 5mi. then randomly brake off in the opp. direction :rolleyes:

SLOWR/T
07-01-2005, 07:25 PM
Quote "YAY!!!! Another, "I hate the cops for doing their jobs" thread. Later, QD."

a cop giving you a ticket for aftermarket exhaust is not doing his job he harassing you. i was sitting at a light next to a mustang and when the light changed the mustang took off pretty hard. i got up to speed and cause he heard my exhaust and saw the mustang hauling ass he assumed i was racing and i got pulled over for racing and i wasnt even racing. i even had a friend behind me and he asked why i got pulled over. the cop was thinking that i wasnt going to say anything and it would be an easy arrest and more money for the county. theres only a few cops that really do there job and not be assholes. i personally hate cops with a passion!!

quickdodgeŽ
07-01-2005, 07:27 PM
a cop giving you a ticket for aftermarket exhaust is not doing his job he harassing you.

Sorry, but you are mistaken. If you don't know....modifying your exhaust system away from OEM is NOT legal. So, yes, he is doing his job. And, as for your hating cops, hopefully, you too will need one and one won't be around. Later, QD.

Shawna
07-01-2005, 10:22 PM
In cobb county they can pull you over and give you a ticket if your exhaust is over a certain decibal...they started enforcing that late last yr. Most counties have this law but only a few certain ones enforce it. It's not that they have nothing to do. It's that it's noise pollution and people complain about it. I mean my car wasn't overly loud or anything but I avoided certain areas in cobb b/c of that law. It's just like you car stereo.

SLOWR/T
07-02-2005, 01:36 AM
Quote "Sorry, but you are mistaken. If you don't know....modifying your exhaust system away from OEM is NOT legal."

wait just a sec. if im not mistaken it says. "if the OEM is worn out and to the point of replacement the you can install an aftermarket exhaust." not in those exact words but ill have to look it up to make sure. now on my RX7 the factory exhaust was toast but on my old truck it was ok. i have "modified" both exhaust systems so since i have an modified exhaust on my truck its illegal?? funny i have never been pulled over in my truck for exhaust (or in my car for that matter). and im willing to bet $100 that i would get pulled over in my car before my truck. just cause its an import. i see old cars riding around all the time and never see them pulled over and they have modified exhaust (3 inch exhaust with 1,2 or 3 chamber flowmasters arent stock) so why are there exhaust shops if its illegal. shouldnt you have to go to dealership and get new exhaust? also if its illegal why can shops sell it??

Quote "So, yes, he is doing his job. And, as for your hating cops, hopefully, you too will need one and one won't be around. Later, QD."

as for this comment. i wont go down to your level to respone to that. i may hurt your feelings :)

quickdodgeŽ
07-02-2005, 05:34 AM
also if its illegal why can shops sell it??

Just like everything else that is "illegal for the street." It says that it is FOR OFF-ROAD USE ONLY. Don't get me wrong. Half the stuff sold that is deemed illegal, I don't understand. I don't know why AM exhaust is not legal. I think it is stupid.

as for this comment. i wont go down to your level to respone to that. i may hurt your feelings :)

I doubt it. Unless you speak of my family. Hopefully you aren't that stupid, seeing as how I would never resort to yours. What are you, 15 years younger, I've got 15 years more of shit than you couldn't think of seeing, probably. So I don't know that you could hurt my feelings. Later, QD.

s four t5
07-02-2005, 09:57 AM
Actually aftermarket exhausts aren't illegal. Like someone said if the OEM is in need of replacement then by all means it can replaced...I believe the only law governing aftermarket exhausts is the decible readings...otherwise how would major company's aka greddy, skunk2, etc etc obtain CARB numbers so they can legally be installed. Hrm....

quickdodgeŽ
07-02-2005, 02:09 PM
Whatever you say...............NOOB. If you want to get technical about it. They aren't illegal. But they are on the street...unless they meet OEM specs. That's why(once again, since some people can't read, I'll repost it) they have "FOR OFF-ROAD USE ONLY" on them. Later, QD.

SLOWR/T
07-02-2005, 03:17 PM
Quote "I doubt it. Unless you speak of my family. Hopefully you aren't that stupid, seeing as how I would never resort to yours. What are you, 15 years younger, I've got 15 years more of shit than you couldn't think of seeing, probably. So I don't know that you could hurt my feelings. Later, QD."

well first unless someone in your family is a cop then i wouldnt talking about them. and second im 20 not 15.

quickdodgeŽ
07-02-2005, 03:19 PM
Quote "I doubt it. Unless you speak of my family. Hopefully you aren't that stupid, seeing as how I would never resort to yours. What are you, 15 years younger, I've got 15 years more of shit than you couldn't think of seeing, probably. So I don't know that you could hurt my feelings. Later, QD."

and second im 20 not 15.

Ummm, exactly, dude. I'm 15 years older than you. That's why I said that "I've got 15 more years of shit..." Later, QD.

s four t5
07-03-2005, 01:01 AM
http://www.pointhappy.com/cvcars/calregs.htm
http://www.enjoythedrive.com/content/?id=8133

Take a good read....aftermarket exhausts are not illegal as long as the pass emissions and don't violate the exhaust noise db. Oh and btw, the for OFF ROAD USE ONLY exhaust usually applys to ebay specials and redneck brands due to the fact that they can't get CARB certification...as stated before...Greddy, HKS, and other highly reputable companies are able to obtain CARB cert and therefore sell their exhaust systems as "street legal". Yet, at the same time these companies also offer the "off road use only" track models of the same cat back system... So yeah...
P.S.
Oh i am noob...april 2003 really makes me a noob...sorry i'm not a post whore.

Speedm0(\)key
07-03-2005, 02:37 AM
man... FUCK.. FUCK FUCK FUCK.. FUCK the police! - jay and silent bob

quickdodgeŽ
07-03-2005, 05:30 AM
http://www.pointhappy.com/cvcars/calregs.htm
http://www.enjoythedrive.com/content/?id=8133

Aaawwwwww...did someone learn Google?

Oh i am noob...april 2003 really makes me a noob...sorry i'm not a post whore.

Don't be sorry. I'm not.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v131/quickdodge/finepost.jpg

So.....yeah. Later, QD.

David88vert
07-03-2005, 06:50 AM
... you too will need one and one won't be around.

Cops are not around when you need them. I'm as old as you, and have many experiences with cops (too many). I have a couple of friends who are cops and they are fine - when they are not on duty.

I'm sure everyone saw the robbery of the pawn shop on the news. What they didn't tell you is what really happened. The cops chased the robbers until the robbers fired at the cops. They the cops let them go. That's right, let them go. They called off pursuit. They didn't fall back, or follow them with the chopper (which was already in the air). They went back to the station and filed a stolen property report. This is on over 20 guns taken during an armed robbery where multiple people where threatened. Clearly if someone needed chasing it would be these armed robbers (clearly criminal), and not speeders such as sports cars and motorcycles.

The only reason that they caught these guys this week is because someone turned them in. They have still not recovered the guns. That is not a priority issue to them right now (their words).

As for the exhaust issue, my old 85 RX7 was a lot louder (i.e - earspliting) than any street driven car here on IA (anyone that heard it can tell you about it). I drove it for 4 years on the streets of Gwinnett, lived in Gwinnett also, and never got pulled over for loud exhaust. This is just another revenue plan. One of my cop friends told me flat out that they ticket a lot so that criminals will see them and think that there is a high police presence - that is their justification.

drupason
07-03-2005, 09:30 AM
and that one day they more than likely wont be there for you

quickdodgeŽ
07-03-2005, 09:54 AM
Cops are not around when you need them.

I still stand behind what I said. What I did NOT say was that cops are perfect and they always do the right thing. I believe some cops profile and target specifics. But just because of some cops, I don't hate all cops. As to the bank robbery story, I'm sure there had to be circumstances met for the cops to call of the chase. I do know that it is most departments policy to call off a chase if it gets too risky or dangerous. Sounds like that was the case in this one.

I'm certainly not trying to change anyone's mind and say you should like the police. I guess my thing is that it's kind of stupid and pointless to go around bragging about how much you hate them. But as always, at least I can count on you to add a mature, non-I'm a badass reply(when you do reply). Thanks for that, dude. Later, QD.

David88vert
07-03-2005, 10:33 AM
I still stand behind what I said. What I did NOT say was that cops are perfect and they always do the right thing. I believe some cops profile and target specifics. But just because of some cops, I don't hate all cops. As to the bank robbery story, I'm sure there had to be circumstances met for the cops to call of the chase. I do know that it is most departments policy to call off a chase if it gets too risky or dangerous. Sounds like that was the case in this one.

I'm certainly not trying to change anyone's mind and say you should like the police. I guess my thing is that it's kind of stupid and pointless to go around bragging about how much you hate them. But as always, at least I can count on you to add a mature, non-I'm a badass reply(when you do reply). Thanks for that, dude. Later, QD.

I'm not saying to hate all of them, and I don't expect them to be perfect. I just don't rely on them to be there when I need them. I learned a long time ago, when I had a robbery at my house, that I when I call the cops, they just wanted to take a report over the phone - even when I had clear fingerprints and shoeprints. To this day (almost 15 years later), on that specific case, they have still not attempted to solve it. I had it solved in 4 days and the stolen merchandise returned. And it was not someone I knew or anything like that. It was a random burglary. If I can solve it - am I am not a professional investigator, shouldn't they at the very least make an attempt?

What I thought was ironic last week is that the news story right after the armed robbery story was that Gwinnett had tested their bullet-proof vests and they passed. However, they definately did not want to test them when real bullets started flying .....

quickdodgeŽ
07-03-2005, 11:00 AM
However, they definately did not want to test them when real bullets started flying .....

Lolol. I read you and understand what you are saying. I just thought about it for a second and realized what it is I was originally thinking about on this subject of hating cops. It's the people that knowingly break the law and get caught and then say the cops are idiots. Those are the ones I refer to. Later, QD.

Speedm0(\)key
07-03-2005, 07:33 PM
i donr respect cops at all until i know them.. and thats mostly never. but i dont treat them like shit. i dont know.. to me its like highschool drop outs who later earned a GED and went out to be cops, they are usually a bunch of morons. i said USUALLY..

however there are some people who actually enjoy being cops and have the most kick ass personality and are knowledgeable...
i can only name two
Warren Z stn mtn
and W. Mosley chamblee

kutepunkprincess
07-03-2005, 07:53 PM
BAH i agree. they have nothing better to do. specially cherokee county cops.. whoops did i say that?! ha..

ruah_23
07-03-2005, 11:36 PM
i donr respect cops at all until i know them.. and thats mostly never. but i dont treat them like shit. i dont know.. to me its like highschool drop outs who later earned a GED and went out to be cops, they are usually a bunch of morons. i said USUALLY..

You are a moron if u think that.You definately have no clue abt being a cop

BLk92DA
07-04-2005, 10:19 AM
cops are assholes and will always be prejudice fucks. period. ask a minority and they will tell you :)

quickdodgeŽ
07-04-2005, 11:00 AM
^^^

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v131/quickdodge/doogie.jpg

Take your bullshit racist card to another forum.

"Oh, shit I was going 75 in a 35. Fuck. Stupid cop pulled me over cause I'm black. Fucking pigs."

Fucking idiot.

quickdodgeŽ
07-04-2005, 11:02 AM

however there are some people who actually enjoy being cops and have the most kick ass personality and are knowledgeable...
i can only name two
Warren Z stn mtn
and W. Mosley chamblee

At least you made a civil post. Even if I don't agree with some of it. Preciate it, dude. Later, QD.

gottraction?
07-04-2005, 09:40 PM
lol

DrivenMind
07-05-2005, 12:04 AM
I drive an AE86 with a stock exhaust simply because I don't want to be pulled over. I want to be able to floor it in my car without some bighead badge toting prick pulling me over for "racing".

I don't hate cops, I just think a lot of them are lazy bastards (look at their average weight) who'd rather write a traffic ticket than go find a real problem to solve. I understand a lot of drivers deserve what they get, but some of the stuff the police do is just stupid...

I've been considering getting out of the whole "car" thing for a while. Simply because police in this area (cobb) seem to target imports.

oh well, I always have been and always will be respectful towards officers of the law. I just wish they'd do the same and find a real problem to solve instead of doing traffic everyday.

BLk92DA
07-05-2005, 03:24 AM
^^^

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v131/quickdodge/doogie.jpg

Take your bullshit racist card to another forum.

"Oh, shit I was going 75 in a 35. Fuck. Stupid cop pulled me over cause I'm black. Fucking pigs."

Fucking idiot.

QD...or watever the hell ur name is. i say this from experience =]

my accord was stolen and it was found and taken to the impound before i even had a chance to report it stolen. in other words, it's not in the cops database and they have no clue on where the car is. well about a month after searching impounds after impound. i finally was able to locate my car and paid like $5035930593 to get it out.

...while driving on hwy 29 around 1ish. a cop decided to get behind me and run my tagg. bam! sirens came and i pulled over into the waffle house on indian trl & hwy 29. mofos told me to put my hands up and dragged me out the damn car with his backup pointing guns at me. he handcuffed me with my face in the pavement (literally), and threw me into the back of his car. he chit chatted with his cop friends then came over and questioned me. i told him the car wasnt stolen but he didnt want to listen nor believe me. these were his actual words or damn near close to it " u chinks come here and think ya can steal everything...." he then began singing that william hung song out to his other white pigs. (he felt proud of himself..... for arresting an innocent person) the only cop that was cool was the only black cop that was at the scene. he knew that other mofo cop was wrong so thats why he came and questioned me.... to get the other mofo away. imma cut it here.

im not good at typing but im through with this thread. i done proved about these racist fucks! l8erz

fucking idiot.

quickdodgeŽ
07-05-2005, 04:30 AM
im not good at typing but im through with this thread. i done proved about these racist fucks! l8erz

The only thing you have proved is how fucking stupid you are. And I'm glad you're through with this thread, so that a good discussion can resume. Later, QD.

Tracy
07-05-2005, 10:43 AM
QD...or watever the hell ur name is. i say this from experience =]

my accord was stolen and it was found and taken to the impound before i even had a chance to report it stolen. in other words, it's not in the cops database and they have no clue on where the car is. well about a month after searching impounds after impound. i finally was able to locate my car and paid like $5035930593 to get it out.

...while driving on hwy 29 around 1ish. a cop decided to get behind me and run my tagg. bam! sirens came and i pulled over into the waffle house on indian trl & hwy 29. mofos told me to put my hands up and dragged me out the damn car with his backup pointing guns at me. he handcuffed me with my face in the pavement (literally), and threw me into the back of his car. he chit chatted with his cop friends then came over and questioned me. i told him the car wasnt stolen but he didnt want to listen nor believe me. these were his actual words or damn near close to it " u chinks come here and think ya can steal everything...." he then began singing that william hung song out to his other white pigs. (he felt proud of himself..... for arresting an innocent person) the only cop that was cool was the only black cop that was at the scene. he knew that other mofo cop was wrong so thats why he came and questioned me.... to get the other mofo away. imma cut it here.

fucking idiot.

OK. So, I'm a white female. I was about 22 when this happened. I got pulled over because a "citizen" called in and said that I was smoking pot out of a bong in my '77, blacked out, Pontiac Lemanz :) at 2 am (I had just gotten out of work as a bartender). How you can smoke pot out of a bong while driving alone, I have no idea. I was dragged out of my car at gun point, had my face shoved into the ground while I was handcuffed and my car was searched. They found nothing because nothing was going on. I didn't get a ticket. Did I mention that I'm white ;)

Jaimecbr900
07-05-2005, 12:20 PM
Interesting thread yall got here. QD, why didn't you tell me about you having fun in here bro??? ;)

Well, I too have a ton of years on a lot of you guys here, QD excluded. I've had more than my ample share of run ins with Police. Every single one of them were merited. I was either deserving because I was acting like a fool or was riding with somebody who was acting like a fool. Either way, each time I've EVER been pulled over, ticketed, or taken to jail it was most certainly merited. I earned every one of them. No need to cry about it. I paid the piper and moved on. To sin no more.....or atleast the next time.

With all that said, I also was an Engineering major in college, but I wanted to be a police officer though. I went throught the big battery of tests you have to go thru to even get into the police academy (on their dime that is) and got accepted. When I was offered the measly pay for a rookie cop in Gwinnett Co., my family (who already hated the idea of me being a cop) didn't like the $23,500 starting salary. My mother, a Real Estate agent, offered me that much money NOT to go into the academy and join her as her assistant. I was a married man with a young child. I had to weigh dreams vs doing the right thing. I chose to go to work with my mother, which now has turned out to be the smartest move I ever made.

My point with all that babbling is that I've been on both sides of the fence, sort of speak. I was far from a saint in my younger days and I was pursuing a career as a cop. I don't know all the politics behind a working police department, but I do know it's not an easy job by far. Some take their jobs seriously, others use it for their own advancements. That happens in every single job anywhere.

I still think, that based on MY experience, that most of the people getting pulled over in traffic stops deserve to be pulled over. If it's later found that it's unwarranted, well the cop's reaction to that is what makes it either a good or bad experience IMO. I also think that some people need to grow up and take their licks like a man. If you do the crime, pay the time. If you are doing something you KNOW is wrong, buck up and take it like a man. Don't turn into this little bitch whinning all of a sudden and FIND excuses for why it happened to YOU. You KNOW why it happened to you. You acted stupid or did something to draw attention to yourself, only to later ask...."who? ME???".

I've had more tickets and suspensions than most people around here could even imagine, let alone match. I deserved all of them and more importantly PAID for all of them dearly. No excuses, just took my licks and finally learned.

My :2cents: .

ruah_23
07-05-2005, 05:30 PM
With all that said, I also was an Engineering major in college, but I wanted to be a police officer though. I went throught the big battery of tests you have to go thru to even get into the police academy (on their dime that is) and got accepted. When I was offered the measly pay for a rookie cop in Gwinnett Co.,
but I do know it's not an easy job by far. Some take their jobs seriously, others use it for their own advancements. That happens in every single job anywhere.

Tell that to speedmonkey..fucking idiot.He thinks everyone can be a cop that easy. I wonder what kind of degree he got!

The fact is most people who hate cops are the one who keep repeatedly breaking the law or just born a criminal.

And egisfastus, u shld sign for ur county citizen police academy and do ride along with them one day and see for urself.U are not a cop so wouldn't know the fact whether they are lazy or not.

ruah_23
07-05-2005, 05:38 PM
I'm sure everyone saw the robbery of the pawn shop on the news. What they didn't tell you is what really happened. The cops chased the robbers until the robbers fired at the cops. They the cops let them go. That's right, let them go. They called off pursuit. They didn't fall back, or follow them with the chopper (which was already in the air). They went back to the station and filed a stolen property report. This is on over 20 guns taken during an armed robbery where multiple people where threatened. Clearly if someone needed chasing it would be these armed robbers (clearly criminal), and not speeders such as sports cars and motorcycles.

The only reason that they caught these guys this week is because someone turned them in. They have still not recovered the guns. That is not a priority issue to them right now (their words).

U are another complete idiot. U saw the news but u are not on that situation itself.
The real situation is that when public services do that job, they do it with due regard. and if you don't know what it means, it means that they have to think abt the others when they do something even when they are answering calls on code 1.
On that call, shots were fired during the chase and just imagine if u are there on that day sitting on the traffic and u got shot while they are chasing after the robbers, what are u gonna do......Lawsuit to the county.

As I said if you don't know, don't think you know and open ur mouth. Oh yeah did u know that they already have the records of their tag # ect? ect.Warrants can be issued easily with that information.

And to top it off, they were arrested!nobody was let go?
So what do you have to say now?:rolleyes:

eViLMunkey
07-05-2005, 05:40 PM
WELCOME TO COBB FUCKIN COUNTY!

KL_03Mx-3
07-05-2005, 05:40 PM
How you can smoke pot out of a bong while driving alone, I have no idea.
it is possible depending on the size

quickdodgeŽ
07-05-2005, 06:07 PM
it is possible depending on the size

How cool of you to offer dumbass assistance on that crap. Of course dumbass is your specialty, isn't it. Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
07-05-2005, 06:08 PM
Interesting thread yall got here. QD, why didn't you tell me about you having fun in here bro??? ;)

Damn, Jaime. Sorry bout that. Lolol. Good post. Later, QD.

Tracy
07-05-2005, 06:13 PM
Jaime is so smart.

00CiViC00
07-05-2005, 06:23 PM
Email sent to my dad who is a Smyrna officer...
"It seems like every little 4 cyl motor vehicle in the City of Smyrna has been equipped with an exhaust system the will rattle the windows. According to the court, our efforts to reduce the noise problem has resulted in a grand total of 8 citations being issued during 2004 for noise violations. Article 40-8-71c makes it a misdemeanor to equip your vehicle with this type of muffler and we have been totally neglecting our responsibility to enforce this section. Lets make and effort to correct this problem by enforcing the statute."

quickdodgeŽ
07-05-2005, 06:26 PM
Hmmm. Good post. Seriously. Later, QD.

Tracy
07-05-2005, 06:30 PM
Email sent to my dad who is a Smyrna officer...
"It seems like every little 4 cyl motor vehicle in the City of Smyrna has been equipped with an exhaust system the will rattle the windows. According to the court, our efforts to reduce the noise problem has resulted in a grand total of 8 citations being issued during 2004 for noise violations. Article 40-8-71c makes it a misdemeanor to equip your vehicle with this type of muffler and we have been totally neglecting our responsibility to enforce this section. Lets make and effort to correct this problem by enforcing the statute."

good stuff!

BLk92DA
07-05-2005, 07:38 PM
OK. So, I'm a white female. I was about 22 when this happened. I got pulled over because a "citizen" called in and said that I was smoking pot out of a bong in my '77, blacked out, Pontiac Lemanz :) at 2 am (I had just gotten out of work as a bartender). How you can smoke pot out of a bong while driving alone, I have no idea. I was dragged out of my car at gun point, had my face shoved into the ground while I was handcuffed and my car was searched. They found nothing because nothing was going on. I didn't get a ticket. Did I mention that I'm white ;)

" u chinks come here and think ya can steal everything.... he then began singing that william hung song out to his other white pigs." :)

i'm not refering to how they handled the situation dear. :)