PDA

View Full Version : I have quit drinking.

TheSnail
05-06-2007, 12:36 PM
I finally pretty much did it. I have not taken a sip of booze since last sunday. It was plan # 43 that worked. For months I told myself that all I need to quit drinking is a mountain bike. I have not done anything but sit and drink for the past 3-4years, so I have acquired some health problems. Though the booze is just so damn delicious. Sunday I told myself this will be my last day drinking. My friends were like yeah yeah yeah... One said if I stop for 2 weeks he will give me $100. I told him I would give him $100 if I dont since I needed to do it for myself. Anyways I figured that since it was my last night of drinking I was going to get fucked up. So my friends kept buying me shots and making me drink them, So in about 5hrs and an 18pk and shots I was fucked up. So I go back to the house and almost did not puke but I did. Anyways the next day I sat around and around 11pm was on a mission to start my new lifestyle. I woke my mom up and told her lets go get a mountain bike. She was like "is that going make you stop drinking rather then going to aa" and I was like yeah I need a mountain bike. So she got up and we went to Walmart and she bought me the best one and fruit. I got home and started riding the bike after midnight, but I had to take it easy as my heart etc.. is not upto par. I got home and was tired from riding and went to sleep. I got up the next day and felt like a million bucks as it was the first time I have gone to sleep with out being drunk in god knows how long. I got up at 8am and rode my bike for an hour before work, then rode 2hrs after work, and do pushups and shit back at the house. So I have done this for like 5days aswell as eating fruit and shit. Even though it has been 6days I feel 300% better, and now I am not cloudy minded from a drunk sleep, I get normal sleep now. Now I have so much energy and motivation to get shit done its not even funny. I have got more shit done in the past 6days then I previously have done in one month. I have even started on my Z project that has been sitting there for a year because I was to busy before drinking. Its tuff to quit, when I think about beer I start twitching and breathing hard as if Im feening for a cig but I just start exercising and the feeling goes away. I dont blame anyone for drinking alot, that shit is good but I just had my share in my lifetime, you will know to try to quit once that shit starts controlling your life, but until then, bottles up. Anyways here is my mongoose ( shits got disc brakes lol ) and yesterday ripping out the interior out the z.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/thesnail/IMG_0316.jpg?t=1178472867

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/thesnail/IMG_0317.jpg?t=1178472884

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/thesnail/IMG_0318.jpg?t=1178472912

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/thesnail/IMG_0319.jpg?t=1178472927

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/thesnail/IMG_0314.jpg?t=1178472942

mxglory258
05-06-2007, 12:40 PM
hell yeah!! congrats +1 if i can!

TheSnail
05-06-2007, 12:43 PM
Thanks

Hulud
05-06-2007, 12:44 PM
quittings for pussies...

cactusEG
05-06-2007, 12:45 PM
congrats

The Ninja
05-06-2007, 12:51 PM
congratulations.

TheSnail
05-06-2007, 12:58 PM
quittings for pussies...

That is true, but I rather get more pussy then them nights of wisky dick ;)

Wurm
05-06-2007, 01:08 PM
no one likes a quitter

good job though i need to quit smoking but oh well

81911SC
05-06-2007, 01:13 PM
Congratulations man. That is good to hear.

GangstaCoupe
05-06-2007, 01:14 PM
Congrats on your new life, shit will be hard as hell after two weeks, at least to me it was then it all went away pretty much.

cactusEG
05-06-2007, 04:11 PM
more money in ur pocket

GTScoob
05-06-2007, 04:15 PM
Ok, so you're an alcoholic who lives at home with your parents? Maybe now with the money you're saving you can get your own place.

Enjoy everything in moderation.

PhAtBoYMr2
05-06-2007, 04:18 PM
Good job man quiting is alot harder then people think. I knew if i were to quit now my life prob wouldn't be as fun because i would have no reason to go out and party anymore.

But i still owe you a beer from a week or so ago at the shop!

Michiahn_FL
05-06-2007, 05:28 PM
Congrats man! It's about time you quit. I was actually worried about you for a bit when the one really bad thing happened!

Im glad you finally listened to everyone and stopped. Keep it up!

-Matt

TheSnail
05-06-2007, 09:26 PM
Thank you all. +1 to all, even the ones that dont like quiters :)

LiL PaKi
05-06-2007, 09:31 PM
yay!! congrats... what about the coffee addiction?

koukis14
05-06-2007, 09:51 PM
I didn't know you could get mechanical disk brakes on a mountain bike. Anyway, good luck. Ride the fuck out of the wagon, try not to fall off.

Hulud
05-06-2007, 09:52 PM
in all seriousness

are you quitting for good? or just gonna drink in moderation?

TheSnail
05-06-2007, 09:54 PM
yay!! congrats... what about the coffee addiction?

I am even more addicted to coffee now since I've stopped drinking. By 2X, thats like 20cups a day lol. Like that guy on SNL or MADTV which ever one it was lol

Marta Mike
05-06-2007, 09:58 PM
congrats man. Where do you ride? I just bought a new bike and trying to get my fat ass on it-lol

TheSnail
05-06-2007, 09:58 PM
in all seriousness

are you quitting for good? or just gonna drink in moderation?

The problem with me and my dad and his dad and Im sure his dad, Is that we dont have control. In my blood line there is no possibility of moderation. Its nor on or off. So we turned it off. my dad after his 2nd dui and his dad after he died from it lol.

TheSnail
05-06-2007, 10:03 PM
congrats man. Where do you ride? I just bought a new bike and trying to get my fat ass on it-lol

So far, I just ride around exploring for places to ride. I want to hitup the trails but my friends were drinking and recovering from drinking this weekend. If I find a place I'll let you know. ps I was going to go to the trails at the kennesaw battle grounds but someone told me bikes were not allowed. Anyone know if thats true?

Magnus213
05-06-2007, 10:03 PM
Kudos man, glad to see that you're adopting healthier habits. Keep up the good work! I have no clue how to give reps but if I figure it out you'll get some.

Marta Mike
05-06-2007, 10:04 PM
ah, dont know about the trails. I used to ride over here at blankets creek alot. Every now and then id do sixes rd off of 575

disrupt
05-06-2007, 10:05 PM
I finally pretty much did it. I have not taken a sip of booze since last sunday. It was plan # 43 that worked. For months I told myself that all I need to quit drinking is a mountain bike. I have not done anything but sit and drink for the past 3-4years, so I have acquired some health problems. Though the booze is just so damn delicious. Sunday I told myself this will be my last day drinking. My friends were like yeah yeah yeah... One said if I stop for 2 weeks he will give me $100. I told him I would give him $100 if I dont since I needed to do it for myself. Anyways I figured that since it was my last night of drinking I was going to get fucked up. So my friends kept buying me shots and making me drink them, So in about 5hrs and an 18pk and shots I was fucked up. So I go back to the house and almost did not puke but I did. Anyways the next day I sat around and around 11pm was on a mission to start my new lifestyle. I woke my mom up and told her lets go get a mountain bike. She was like "is that going make you stop drinking rather then going to aa" and I was like yeah I need a mountain bike. So she got up and we went to Walmart and she bought me the best one and fruit. I got home and started riding the bike after midnight, but I had to take it easy as my heart etc.. is not upto par. I got home and was tired from riding and went to sleep. I got up the next day and felt like a million bucks as it was the first time I have gone to sleep with out being drunk in god knows how long. I got up at 8am and rode my bike for an hour before work, then rode 2hrs after work, and do pushups and shit back at the house. So I have done this for like 5days aswell as eating fruit and shit. Even though it has been 6days I feel 300% better, and now I am not cloudy minded from a drunk sleep, I get normal sleep now. Now I have so much energy and motivation to get shit done its not even funny. I have got more shit done in the past 6days then I previously have done in one month. I have even started on my Z project that has been sitting there for a year because I was to busy before drinking. Its tuff to quit, when I think about beer I start twitching and breathing hard as if Im feening for a cig but I just start exercising and the feeling goes away. I dont blame anyone for drinking alot, that shit is good but I just had my share in my lifetime, you will know to try to quit once that shit starts controlling your life, but until then, bottles up. Anyways here is my mongoose ( shits got disc brakes lol ) and yesterday ripping out the interior out the z.
ey man congrats. i remember last time i saw your ass you were talking about quitting cause your liver went to shit while we were sippin beers hahah. good thing you finally got around to doing it, exercise is a great way to avoid it. you should think about joining lafitness.

00CelicaGT
05-06-2007, 10:05 PM
well i knew the weed thing wasn't going to last, im kinda glad it didn't for ur health. but good job and stay sober as long as u can.:goodjob:

TheSnail
05-06-2007, 10:06 PM
Kudos man, glad to see that you're adopting healthier habits. Keep up the good work! I have no clue how to give reps but if I figure it out you'll get some.

You're a green dot now ;)

TheSnail
05-06-2007, 10:09 PM
ey man congrats. i remember last time i saw your ass you were talking about quitting cause your liver went to shit while we were sippin beers hahah. good thing you finally got around to doing it, exercise is a great way to avoid it. you should think about joining lafitness.

lol, It was good times. I love booze but I hate it. Either way Im sure all them useless organs in my body are happy now.

TheSnail
05-06-2007, 10:11 PM
well i knew the weed thing wasn't going to last, im kinda glad it didn't for ur health. but good job and stay sober as long as u can.:goodjob:

Yeah it must have been the alcohol that impaired my reasoning on that one lol.

BTEC
05-06-2007, 10:20 PM
SNAIL!!! WTFS UP DOOD?

TIGERJC
05-06-2007, 10:26 PM
good luck and I can't wait to see the z once it is done

TheSnail
05-06-2007, 11:29 PM
SNAIL!!! WTFS UP DOOD?

Whats up Jessie, were the fuck have you been for the past 6months?

Hulud
05-06-2007, 11:29 PM
The problem with me and my dad and his dad and Im sure his dad, Is that we dont have control. In my blood line there is no possibility of moderation. Its nor on or off. So we turned it off. my dad after his 2nd dui and his dad after he died from it lol.
good call on quitting then

Lucky DAWG
05-06-2007, 11:35 PM
Ok, so you're an alcoholic who lives at home with your parents? Maybe now with the money you're saving you can get your own place.

Enjoy everything in moderation.

wow, thats dick dude

i'm happy for you snail
its good to see that things are finally looking up for you :goodjob:

keep it up bro

japan4racing
05-07-2007, 12:03 AM
i quit smoking in october...it was either cigarettes or beer....the cigarettes left and i still drink...but im totally fine with drinking 2 or 3 and calling it a night..being drunk is ftl....having a buzz is ftw

ct9a gsr
05-07-2007, 01:20 AM
Didn't you tell me you quit drinking... like a year ago... but still drank (w/ tazers)? =x