PDA

View Full Version : THA FUCK IS UP WITH CINGULAR?

Halfwit
05-06-2007, 12:04 PM
my phone has no service today. at all.

i try to make a caall, it says "operation failed"

i checked my account via intraweb, but my next payment is due may 18

WHAT THE FUXORS????

The Ninja
05-06-2007, 12:10 PM
I'm all good on my phone. SLVR l7, got Cingular as well.

Halfwit
05-06-2007, 12:13 PM
IM ON a cingular 8525 pda.....phone is working fine, jsut no service...it actually says (when i click the bars icon) "no service"

but my account says im good.

imbosile
05-06-2007, 12:13 PM
hmm weird

hydroshutter
05-06-2007, 12:17 PM
might be your area...

Halfwit
05-06-2007, 12:18 PM
for rizzle. im semi-pissed. jsut cant do anything about it...

Halfwit
05-06-2007, 12:19 PM
might be your area...
thats another thing, i always have service..

MY PHONE DOESNT EVEN RING, SOON AS I HIT "CALL" IT SAYS "OPERATION FAILED, NO SERVICE.."

i noticed it when i was in riverdale, now that im back in stockbridge, still no worky.

The Ninja
05-06-2007, 12:21 PM
When people call you does it go straight to voicemail? Have you tried restarting the phone? Removing battery and what not?

cactusEG
05-06-2007, 12:22 PM
its not CINGULAR any more its the new AT&T

Halfwit
05-06-2007, 12:22 PM
i dont think i get calls from ppl...i cant call anyone to tell them to call me and check LOL.

ILL RESTART MY PHONE NOW...

Halfwit
05-06-2007, 12:24 PM
its not CINGULAR any more its the new AT&T
oh NOEZ!!11!! SHIFT+WON!!!!!!!

maybe its the new at&t's transfribulator modual!!!

RandomGuy
05-06-2007, 12:25 PM
yep, definitely sounds like your operations failed

Halfwit
05-06-2007, 12:30 PM
When people call you does it go straight to voicemail? Have you tried restarting the phone? Removing battery and what not?
BINGO!!!

REPS TO THIS PERSON!!!!

MY PHONE WERXORS!!!

Eurostunna07
05-06-2007, 12:36 PM
AT&T is a bitch so I switched to T-Mobile =)

Julio
05-06-2007, 12:39 PM
lol

Halfwit
05-06-2007, 12:40 PM
ive been with "cingular" since 02'.

im hoping they will stay as good as they have been, i have always been satisfied.

if at&T changes anything, i may have to write a strongly worded letter.

lol.

Lucky DAWG
05-06-2007, 12:46 PM
i have service today

but i sent about 9 texts like 5 days ago, and then three days later it sent them all at the same time.

people were like wtf?
its been acting screwey on me lately

The Ninja
05-06-2007, 12:47 PM
Yea I've always been with Cingular. I got my first phone from them, and I've been a fairly satisfied customer.

Thanks for the reps, btw. Just trying to help.

Halfwit
05-06-2007, 12:49 PM
Yea I've always been with Cingular. I got my first phone from them, and I've been a fairly satisfied customer.

Thanks for the reps, btw. Just trying to help.
did u read the reps? lolololoo

Hulud
05-06-2007, 12:49 PM
the cingular gods hate emo kids

The Ninja
05-06-2007, 12:50 PM
Lol. You have too much energy. Go make some phone calls, hahahaha.

Halfwit
05-06-2007, 12:51 PM
lol. i am about ot make my plexiglass rear windows for my crx.......

The Ninja
05-06-2007, 12:52 PM
Your 'making' plexiglass rear windows? Make me a plexiglass remote control case, that'd be pretty unique.

Halfwit
05-06-2007, 12:55 PM
huh? lol...

i already made a hatch, now need rear windows, and driver/pass. windows...

1780 lb crx ftw.

The Ninja
05-06-2007, 12:57 PM
I just got caught up in random thoughts. Post pics when your finished.

Shawna
05-06-2007, 01:53 PM
IM ON a cingular 8525 pda.....phone is working fine, jsut no service...it actually says (when i click the bars icon) "no service"

but my account says im good.

cell site is down by your house

Shawna
05-06-2007, 01:59 PM
ok cingular is in the process of changing everything over to AT&T and when they are doing this your phones are going to be a little screwy for a little while until the network has all of the kinks out of it. it sux yes i know but corp. is in the middle of making some huge changes and they are actually going to be building a new call center in stockbridge i believe and they are going to hire more field engineers so that problems can be handled in a more timely fashion.

Halfwit
05-06-2007, 02:06 PM
yeha i still dont have as much erception as a usually do...

gtikid
05-06-2007, 02:17 PM
Lol @ user error. It's a PDA phone, a windows based PDA. It's exactly like a computer. If you ever feel that your phone isn't working properly, or slower than usual (especially the 8525), just reset the phone. It's exactly like restarting your computer. Take you stylus out and put it in the little hole on the bottom of the phone by the charger.

What changes are you talking about BlackSiChic? There are no changes being made. The only changes to Cingular, The New AT&T, is the name, colors, and uniforms of the workers. All it is, is a big name change. There is gonna be no change in service or anything. Same towers, same network, same everything. Yes they'll be improving the network, but that would of happened whether the company was called Cingular or AT&T

Shawna
05-06-2007, 02:22 PM
Lol @ user error. It's a PDA phone, a windows based PDA. It's exactly like a computer. If you ever feel that your phone isn't working properly, or slower than usual (especially the 8525), just reset the phone. It's exactly like restarting your computer. Take you stylus out and put it in the little hole on the bottom of the phone by the charger.

What changes are you talking about BlackSiChic? There are no changes being made. The only changes to Cingular, The New AT&T, is the name, colors, and uniforms of the workers. All it is, is a big name change. There is gonna be no change in service or anything. Same towers, same network, same everything. Yes they'll be improving the network, but that would of happened whether the company was called Cingular or AT&T

actually they are making a lot of changes with in the company that havent come out to the public yet...my dad and a close family friend both work for cingular/att one happens to be a very high up mgr at corp. so I find out everything before it happens. and they are actually looking at changing the network as well....,

gtikid
05-06-2007, 02:26 PM
actually they are making a lot of changes with in the company that havent come out to the public yet...my dad and a close family friend both work for cingular/att one happens to be a very high up mgr at corp. so I find out everything before it happens. and they are actually looking at changing the network as well....,

I work at Cingular. We get emails daily about the merger and what is going on and what is being changed. No, network is not being changed. No, stuff is not being changed over to the "AT&T Network." There is no "AT&T Network." All it is, is a different name on your bill and on the sign that you see outside the store.

Now the merger with Sprint and Nextel is something like what you are talking about. That merger was a pain in the fucking ass. I happened to work at Sprint at the time of the merger as well. And yes we were running 2 different systems, the Sprint side and the Nextel side. Yes they were trying to integrate the 2 companies so that they would be on the same billing system, etc.

That is not the case with the Cingular. It's just a name change. Video calling is not something that AT&T is adding as part of their new network. It's going to be released this summer, but has been in the works for a long time now, by Cingular. Like I said, they're still the same company. Just one great big name change...

Shawna
05-06-2007, 02:32 PM
I work at Cingular. We get emails daily about the merger and what is going on and what is being changed. No, network is not being changed. No, stuff is not being changed over to the "AT&T Network." There is no "AT&T Network." All it is, is a different name on your bill and on the sign that you see outside the store.

Now the merger with Sprint and Nextel is something like what you are talking about. That merger was a pain in the fucking ass. I happened to work at Sprint at the time of the merger as well. And yes we were running 2 different systems, the Sprint side and the Nextel side. Yes they were trying to integrate the 2 companies so that they would be on the same billing system, etc.

That is not the case with the Cingular. It's just a name change. Video calling is not something that AT&T is adding as part of their new network. It's going to be released this summer, but has been in the works for a long time now, by Cingular. Like I said, they're still the same company. Just one great big name change...

ask corp...there is a lot of shit going on yes right now it is just a name change but im talking about what corp is planning to do over the next yr and they have a lot of plans to change a lot of things within the company and this is coming straight form corp. trust me i wouldnt be saying it unless i knew it were true bc we actually just had this conversation last week with someone from there and a lot of ppls jobs are on the line bc of what they are planning to do

Halfwit
05-06-2007, 02:54 PM
i didnt mean to start a fight....

GTIKID: THANKS FOR TELLING ME ABOUT THE HOLE NEXT TO CHARGER, i thought i had to turn off/on by the power button, but this way is quiker, thnks

gtikid
05-06-2007, 02:54 PM
ask corp...there is a lot of shit going on yes right now it is just a name change but im talking about what corp is planning to do over the next yr and they have a lot of plans to change a lot of things within the company and this is coming straight form corp. trust me i wouldnt be saying it unless i knew it were true bc we actually just had this conversation last week with someone from there and a lot of ppls jobs are on the line bc of what they are planning to do

As far as corporate jobs go, yes there are huge changes. The CEO of Cingular was replaced by the CEO of AT&T, Ed Whitaker, who is retiring in June after 40+ years of service. Yes corporate positions have been changing like crazy, leaving the best from both sides.

As far as the network goes, nothing. AT&T doesn't have it own's GSM towers, so how could there be a change? And as far as what "AT&T" is gonna do within the next year, it's just them taking over the ideas and projects that Cingular had already established. It's not like AT&T just came in, kicked everyone from Cingular out, and said hey we're taking over and we're going to tell everybody we came up with these ideas. That's not the case. Everyone continued on exactly how we did before. We got new shirts and our paychecks now say AT&T. Managers stayed the same, district managers stayed the same, regional directors stayed the same. The only people who have to worry about their jobs are people such as the CEO, COO, etc. People who have direct conflicts of interest.

gtikid
05-06-2007, 02:59 PM
i didnt mean to start a fight....

GTIKID: THANKS FOR TELLING ME ABOUT THE HOLE NEXT TO CHARGER, i thought i had to turn off/on by the power button, but this way is quiker, thnks

It's not fighting, it's just debating and informing :goodjob:

Most PDA's have reset buttons, b/c those things constantly need to be reset. It's good for them, and safe. I want the 8525. I had one and got rid of it and now i'm missing it like crazy. There's so much you can do with that thing to keep you entertained. I had Mike Tyson's Punch Out, Excite Bike, Contra, Megaman, etc on that phone. You can also pick-up just about any radio station in the nation with that thing, and watch tv. Good tv. Not Cingular TV, but Comcast, Charter, DishNetwork, DirectTV, Playstation, XBOX, TiVo, whatever you have that has a video output. That phone is the shit, best phone ever made :goodjob:

Shawna
05-06-2007, 03:07 PM
lol theres no fighting just a simple debate i say what i know he says what he knows thats all lol

AnthonyF
05-06-2007, 03:32 PM
blackberry 8700c...service all good

Lucky DAWG
05-06-2007, 11:28 PM
huh? lol...

i already made a hatch, now need rear windows, and driver/pass. windows...

1780 lb crx ftw.

is it your daily?
lets hope you don't get in an accident, or you're fucked