PDA

View Full Version : LS to GS-R tranny swap problems

Integseeker04
05-06-2007, 12:49 AM
I had my LS tranny on my 1995 Integra Special Edition exchanged with a GS-R transmission and a few odd things have happened since. My speedometer doesn't work, but the miles are still being counted. The RPM, gas, and temperature gauges all work, but still nothing from the speedometer. Also, after driving for a little bit, the check engine light comes on and stays on until I turn off the car. Lastly, the transmission makes a humming noise while driving. It also does it sometimes in idle. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Vuongy_Dong
05-06-2007, 02:10 AM
humming noise is usually the differential, or maybe bearings. as for your speedometer, its the VSS sensor on the tranny. sometimes the plug may go bad. If you have your old LS tranny, swap it out and see. if it still does the same thing, its your plug.

twinj
05-06-2007, 03:44 PM
I hope you didn't get a bad tranny. Make sure your fluid is good.

Vteckidd
05-06-2007, 03:48 PM
if the miles are still being counted off, but the speedo doesnt work, need to check the plug to the VSS sensor. thats weird.

the CEL is for the VSS, if the speedo isnt working, then thats the problem.

The humming noise can be just some noisy bearings, drive easy on it for a little while an change the fluid in the next 1000 miles.