PDA

View Full Version : You think this is BS?

TheSnail
05-05-2007, 03:10 PM
I am selling Zmotor/Z on craigslist. Just put it up 2hrs ago. Got this email, sounds like a scammer, what do yall think.

HELLO,
MY NAME IS BRADO COLL...I SAW YOUR ADVERT ITEM YOU PLACED FOR SALE.I WILL LIKE TO KNOW THE CONDITION OF IT AND FINAL ASKING PRICE.
ALSO, I WANT TO USE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO TELL YOU THAT I WILL BE PAYING YOU WITH A CERTIFIRED CASHIER CHECK OR MONEY ORDER.LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE OKAY WITH THE PAYMENT METHOD.
I WANT YOU TO GET BACK TO ME IN TIME.

CHEERS

BRADO

HalfBaked
05-05-2007, 03:12 PM
Who says Cheers...

Fucking English prick.

OneSlow5pt0
05-05-2007, 03:14 PM
scam,anyone that doesnt come out and say what your selling is a scam

81911SC
05-05-2007, 03:14 PM
Paypal?

TheSnail
05-05-2007, 03:16 PM
Thought so, I just didnt think scammers would use money order, because I thought that was as good as cash. Either way Im gonna email him back to fuck with him. Maybe use slang like our buddy nismosentra.

81911SC
05-05-2007, 03:16 PM
He maybe serious, so I wouldn't ruin the chances. See if he can do paypal.

TheSnail
05-05-2007, 03:18 PM
How do you scam using money order? Anyone know?

BTLFED
05-05-2007, 03:19 PM
Just tell him it has to be a POSTAL money order. That way you can track it and make sure it is legit.

Don't paypal for a car. Bad idea.

BTLFED
05-05-2007, 03:20 PM
How do you scam using money order? Anyone know?

It will be a money order from like "billy bobs house of liquor" or some small shit like that. You can fake a money order.

81911SC
05-05-2007, 03:21 PM
Is it a car or just the motor?

TheSnail
05-05-2007, 03:21 PM
Email title says: AUTO PARTS, but he talks about the condition of "IT". I thinks its bullshit, Im gonna fuck with him.

TheSnail
05-05-2007, 03:22 PM
Is it a car or just the motor?

Kind of both in a way, but mainly just the motor and trans.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/pts/324933819.html

81911SC
05-05-2007, 03:25 PM
Ah, ok.

Lucky DAWG
05-05-2007, 03:40 PM
a wire transfer would be legit, see if he would do that.
ask what item he is talking about too so you can get it all in writing

Sack Attack
05-05-2007, 05:07 PM
I've bought/sold a LOT of shit on craigslist and I get them e-mails all the time also, SCAM is what it is my friend.

TheSnail
05-05-2007, 07:17 PM
God damn! Thats 2 out of 3 emails

Dear seller,
I hereby wish to inform you that i am interested in the purchase of your item. I saw the advert on the internet today and it happen to be what i have been looking for, So kindly let me know your final asking price.Will you accept MONEY ORDER as payment? .I have a client and colleague of mine who will be ready to send you payment by post when we both finally agree on terms. As regards shipment, you don't have to worry yourself because i have a shipper who is readily on ground for pick up and shipments,hoping to hear from you soonest if its still available for sale.If its still available for sale, provide the details below...

YOUR FULL NAME...........
YOUR FULL ADRESS .......
TEL. NUMBER.........

I will be waiting for to read from you asap today so as to proceed with the transaction.
Regards.

foety_foe
05-05-2007, 08:18 PM
craigslist is full of scamers

SLo_MKIII
05-05-2007, 10:20 PM
God damn! Thats 2 out of 3 emails

Dear seller,
I hereby wish to inform you that i am interested in the purchase of your item. I saw the advert on the internet today and it happen to be what i have been looking for, So kindly let me know your final asking price.Will you accept MONEY ORDER as payment? .I have a client and colleague of mine who will be ready to send you payment by post when we both finally agree on terms. As regards shipment, you don't have to worry yourself because i have a shipper who is readily on ground for pick up and shipments,hoping to hear from you soonest if its still available for sale.If its still available for sale, provide the details below...

YOUR FULL NAME...........
YOUR FULL ADRESS .......
TEL. NUMBER.........

I will be waiting for to read from you asap today so as to proceed with the transaction.
Regards.

SCAM... who talks like that ne ways?

Tracy
05-05-2007, 10:24 PM
Scam. The best thing to do is to not send an item until the certified funds have cleared if you are going to take it in the form of certified funds. They way they could scam you since you asked is to print out a fake money order or cashiers check. It takes several days if not weeks (depending on the amount) for a cashiers check to clear your bank account. So you should be safe once it clears.

ATK_Designs
05-06-2007, 12:38 AM
I get that all the time. It's a scam.

SixSquared
05-06-2007, 12:58 AM
dude... is that orange z yours? if it is, quit fuckin around with scammers and sell it to ME!

BTLFED
05-06-2007, 08:48 AM
dude... is that orange z yours? if it is, quit fuckin around with scammers and sell it to ME!

Yeah that is Voya's Z. I'm thinking you will have to come off a bit of money to get it from him though. ;)

SixSquared
05-06-2007, 09:28 AM
Yeah that is Voya's Z. I'm thinking you will have to come off a bit of money to get it from him though. ;)

point being?

BTLFED
05-06-2007, 09:30 AM
point being?

Well if your that gangsta, but he has been looking for a clean Z for a LONG time. He might be a bit reluctant to give it up. ;)

LeX
05-06-2007, 09:19 PM
I'll take the Z too. PM me price and pics of the frame rails, lower quarter panels, and driver/passenger floorboards

BuBBa DRiFT
05-06-2007, 09:32 PM
how much for the entire Z? you said if someone made you an offer youll take it. if you want to sell the Z PM me a price maybe we can work something out. looks like a beastly car.

TheSnail
05-06-2007, 09:40 PM
OOOWW... AAAAAHHH.... jk

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/thesnail/3-1.jpg?t=1178505524

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/thesnail/4-1.jpg?t=1178505580

SniperJoe
05-06-2007, 09:43 PM
The usual MO with these people is that they send you a fake cashiers check for an amount over the original asking price. They'll ask you to send the item with the extra money to them. So in a few weeks, when the fake check gets figured out, not only will you be out the money, but your item AND the money you sent to them. It is just a nasty process.

TheSnail
05-06-2007, 09:44 PM
No but for real. I started the project yesterday and worked on it all today. So I took the interior out, took out the sound deadening and started stitch welding. Its already turning out to be a beast. But basically the lowest I could go for the car which I am not to eager to sell would be 5500, given the fact that body work and paint was 4500 alone.

TheSnail
05-06-2007, 09:48 PM
The usual MO with these people is that they send you a fake cashiers check for an amount over the original asking price. They'll ask you to send the item with the extra money to them. So in a few weeks, when the fake check gets figured out, not only will you be out the money, but your item AND the money you sent to them. It is just a nasty process.

Yeah its crazy. Here are two more. Thats 4 out of 5 emails! If I was a Dictator I would have these people round up and shot. Worthless ass leaches.

Hello, I am interested in immediate purchase of your
item.After several consideration over the advert
placed on the website,my client has really shown
interest in it and would really want to issue the
payment in form of money order. Will you be accepting
a money order? The payment that will be drawn by my
client would include the cost for shipping this item
to my client .We shall solely be responsible for the
shippment of this item.

I will want you to try and email me back as soon as
possible with all the following informations below:
1 . Last asking price of the Item
2 . Recent picture of the Item
3 . Condition of the Item
4 . Availabilty of the Item .
Kindly get back to me via an email with all the
informations above,before we proceed to shipping
arrangements of the Item from your location,after you
might have provided your CONATCT DETAILS for quick
issuance of payment which will be sent and confirmed
by you. Thanks for your co-operation.
Have a wonderful day .

Hello Friend,
i saw your advert while surfing via the internet and am willingand highly interested to buy it.get back to me via my email ifit is still available for sale.
Are you the owner???
what is the condition like ?.
send its recent pictures if available.
What is your last offer price????
I look forward to read from you soonest.
Best regard

JITB
05-06-2007, 10:16 PM
i remember all those scams, when i was tryin to sale my svt.. itsa dead giveaway when they say "cheers" or ask for things that are clearly listed in ur ad. and that Z is very nice.. i dont even like them that much but htat is beautiful!

Marta Mike
05-06-2007, 10:18 PM
SCAM i sell stuff of CL all the time. I get those messages with the exact same reply just about everytime. I just ignore them.

00CelicaGT
05-06-2007, 10:28 PM
cash only bitches. cant scam u wit cash unless it's counterfit, but you can also just hold on to the engine/tranny untill the check/moneyorder clears bank.