PDA

View Full Version : anyone work on power washers?

JITB
05-05-2007, 10:12 AM
I got a craftsman power washer, and i tried to use it last weekend, and water goes in, but it wont come out. Is the pump not working? Anyone got any experience with these things?

mxglory258
05-05-2007, 10:15 AM
SOunds like ur pumps gone bad. Ours did thte samet hing. rebuilt the pump and ti worked fine. Are you letting all the are get pushed out by regular water pressure before actually starting the pump?? Sometimes if you dont do that, it'll never build pressure

Leadfoot_mf
05-05-2007, 10:28 AM
do u have a stream of water coming out before u start it? like mx said pump needs to be primed first. that is the trickle of water coming out before you start it. after start up pump should have psi.

one thing about psi washers is that you should not let them run with out pulling the trigger it will ruin the pump. we have destroyed about three of them before i got smart and got a car wash handle that lets the water flow always.

what happens to the pump is the water gets too hot and burns up the seals in the pump then the pump has to be rebuilt. i know of a couple of places in marietta that can fix it but nothing in conyers.

JITB
05-05-2007, 10:49 AM
i think i always turn the water on first all the time but im not sure.. ill try it and see. So i need to hook up the hose, and turn on the water let it build pressure, and trickle out and than start it?

mxglory258
05-05-2007, 10:52 AM
Hold the lever "On" Until the air quits coming out of if. Until its just a stream of water. While holding the lever on, then start it. If that dont help, then you need either a new pump, or a rebuild.

JITB
05-05-2007, 11:18 AM
i guess that was it, it worked.. but didnt clean my wheels...like i wanted it too.. preciate the help

mxglory258
05-05-2007, 11:20 AM
What did ya use for cleaner?? I use purple power..spray on..let sit for a good minute..then spray it off usually works well. anymore I like to get down and clean the shit by hand though.

JITB
05-05-2007, 01:36 PM
What did ya use for cleaner?? I use purple power..spray on..let sit for a good minute..then spray it off usually works well. anymore I like to get down and clean the shit by hand though.

man its like dirt x30 caked on dirt.. that doesnt wash off, the only way that seems to get it off is scraping or sanding. But its just oo bad im just gonna have to sand them as best as i can and paint them..the shits all in the spokes and in the deepest cracks..