PDA

View Full Version : brakes make cv clicking noise?

F22B2slow
05-03-2007, 01:31 PM
I just bought a 93 da about a month ago and I noticed that when I apply the brakes they make a clicking sound. It's sorta similar to when your cv axles are going out, but it only does it when the brakes are applied. I have plenty of stopping power so it seems more annoying than critical I guess. Anyone know anything about this?

speedminded
05-03-2007, 01:46 PM
brake chatter, pads are possibly not seated properly...i'm not too familiar with the DA brake setup, do they have a piece of spring steel on them to prevent movement in the pads?

F22B2slow
05-03-2007, 02:48 PM
not sure. i haven't had ta change the pads yet, so i haven't familiarized myself with them yet. i talked to someone else and they mentioned that it could be a broken tab on the pad?

boostedb16
05-03-2007, 04:19 PM
i have the same problem coming from my driver side front. that shit is annoying.

F22B2slow
11-13-2007, 01:33 PM
i have the same problem coming from my driver side front. that **** is annoying.

-for anyone experiencing this problem

I just changed the pads, which were in great condition with half a pad left, and the clicking is gone. I used some better pads that had the shims built into them.

dickdragon
11-14-2007, 05:40 PM
i was gonna mention brake hardware!
but glad you fixed it!

khaxnguyen
11-14-2007, 05:58 PM
hrm my friend had his brakes changed and that happened. the guy that changed his brakes didnt tighten down the caliperS so everytime he brakes, the calipers keep knocking the wheels.. although you said axles, maybe this might help