PDA

View Full Version : wierd stuff about my suspended license

13Bracer
05-02-2007, 11:17 PM
so about a month ago got my liense suspended for 6 months.....so today i went to the DMV to get an ID so i tell them i got my license suspended about a month ago...he types some stuff in...then tells me there is no record or anything that shows that my license has been suspended at all? so he asks me if i would like an id or a new license...of course i tell him i would like a new license.........he told me that if it was suspended it would show up in the system a long time ago? maybe i got off the hook? who knows...im not complainin though...maybe i just got lucky?

koukis14
05-02-2007, 11:20 PM
Yeah I think you should not risk it there big guy. Computers make mistakes, and so do the people that type the information into them.

mxglory258
05-02-2007, 11:22 PM
Yeah I think you should not risk it there big guy. Computers make mistakes, and so do the people that type the information into them.
DING DING DING!! Get the liscense sure, then take your ass home and pick up the phone and find out whats up. If you incriminate yourself o'well. If you have to go to court again, make sure you tell the judge of what you did. They might look highly on that and cut you some what of a break with a shorter time or soemthing

13Bracer
05-02-2007, 11:24 PM
oh hell yeah im not riskin it at all....i know it was probably a mistake but just wanted to see if anyone has had this happen to them before.

quickdodgeŽ
05-02-2007, 11:26 PM
Call 404-657-9300. Enter 1 and it will ask you to enter your DL number. Afterwards, it will check and tell you the status. You can do that right now if you want. This is automated and 24/7. Later, QD.

13Bracer
05-02-2007, 11:30 PM
Call 404-657-9300. Enter 1 and it will ask you to enter your DL number. Afterwards, it will check and tell you the status. You can do that right now if you want. This is automated and 24/7. Later, QD.
good stuff man..thanks....
well it said i had a valid georgia drivers license?

quickdodgeŽ
05-02-2007, 11:32 PM
One more test. Make sure you're not in a car when you do this. If you see an officer somewhere, ask him to run your DL. Tell him you've had problems in the past and wanted to make sure all was good. I did the other day and he did it no problem. Later, QD.

13Bracer
05-02-2007, 11:36 PM
One more test. Make sure you're not in a car when you do this. If you see an officer somewhere, ask him to run your DL. Tell him you've had problems in the past and wanted to make sure all was good. I did the other day and he did it no problem. Later, QD.
will do tomorrow....good call on that

Max_nino
05-03-2007, 11:17 PM
same shit happened to me. i was goin 64 in a35 went to court but they didnt tell me my shit was suppose to be suspended so everytime i got pulled over they said something about some restrictions on my DL. so when i go to renew it that lady said OMG your license was supposed to had been suspended for that 64/35mph ticket so my suspention started that day. dont risk it

GIXXERDK
05-04-2007, 04:06 AM
You did turn in your license right? IIRC your suspension time starts when they receive your license.

Brick
05-04-2007, 10:24 AM
They have to serve you with the suspension. If that's not been done, you're okay if you get pulled over - once. They'll then serve the suspension and it'll be updated in the system as served and you'll have no license. If it's not yet been served, it should show up as suspended with no serve date- which will get you off the hook that first time.

Sol-Badguy
05-04-2007, 11:51 AM
Same thing -basically- happened to me.

Mine was suspended for a year. I went to go get an -second- ID 10 months into it, and they gave me a valid GA license. I checked, and it was in the computer as valid.