PDA

View Full Version : Misc My new mastiff puppy

Extrememustang
05-02-2007, 12:29 PM
I have him at 11 weeks and another that is 11yrs old. Max is the oldest and biggest he got was 205lbs.

Extrememustang
05-02-2007, 12:33 PM
The older one looks pitful because I dont see him living another year since the avg life span is 7-10 years and he is 11.

Ltdnismorace
05-02-2007, 09:03 PM
coooool, my best friend growing up had Italian Mastiffs, means little fucks, but looked cool as shit.

scabtastic
05-02-2007, 10:18 PM
i was about to ask if it was a Cane....i have a black one....he's about 130... his dad was 180 and his dad's head was 30' around.

00CelicaGT
05-02-2007, 10:39 PM
those dogs are fucking huge!!!

Extrememustang
05-02-2007, 10:43 PM
In a few weeks might be putting max to sleep

Extrememustang
05-02-2007, 10:47 PM
He is so old and smells of death from all the tumors he has

d1esel12
05-02-2007, 11:35 PM
aww its soo cute

00CelicaGT
05-03-2007, 12:00 AM
bwahahahaha i just saw those huge turds in the background lol

quickdodgeŽ
05-03-2007, 12:07 AM
his dad's head was 30' around.

GODDAMN!!!!!! A THIRTY FOOT HEAD!!?!?!??!?!?! Later, QD.

4dmin
05-03-2007, 07:39 AM
dude you need to get a house; those dogs needs some room the stretch their legs!!!

beautiful breed, i had quite a few when i was growing up; my mom had one that was 225-235? lbs (she used to breed in miami)

santacruz77
05-03-2007, 09:54 AM
sweet i love these dogs

Jaimecbr900
05-03-2007, 10:07 AM
dude you need to get a house; those dogs needs some room the stretch their legs!!!

beautiful breed, i had quite a few when i was growing up; my mom had one that was 225-235? lbs (she used to breed in miami)

I was thinking the same thing. If I had to live on a 6 x 6 back porch most of my life I'd be pitiful looking too.... ;)

I hope you'll find your new puppy a lot more room to grow up happy.

I still want to play with one IRL. They seem like cool dogs to wrestle around and play rough with, but then they'd come and plop down next to you and be all cool. Those are the best kind of dogs to have IMO.

Extrememustang
05-03-2007, 10:38 AM
No no I JUST put him out there, He used to be a inside dog where he LOVED it, but he has cancer and so many tumors that I got him back from my wifes mother who wouldnt take care of his issues and from all the tumors and infections that Im trying to treat he literally smells like a dead animal on the side of the road. I walk him 3 times a day and gives him a bath EVERY day. I have only known max for a few years and Im glad I can start to take care of him but he has already passed the avg life span of a dog and all of his issues I dont see him living for 6 more months. The cancer has ate away at him, he used to be 205, now more like 175.

Jaimecbr900
05-03-2007, 10:53 AM
No no I JUST put him out there, He used to be a inside dog where he LOVED it, but he has cancer and so many tumors that I got him back from my wifes mother who wouldnt take care of his issues and from all the tumors and infections that Im trying to treat he literally smells like a dead animal on the side of the road. I walk him 3 times a day and gives him a bath EVERY day. I have only known max for a few years and Im glad I can start to take care of him but he has already passed the avg life span of a dog and all of his issues I dont see him living for 6 more months. The cancer has ate away at him, he used to be 205, now more like 175.

That's a little bit of a different story than the pics painted and more understandable. Props for taking over a very difficult job of nursing a sick dog back to health.

One piece of advice from someone that had to put down their favorite dog due to cancer as well after 16 yrs......don't prolong his agony for the sake of your own. I knew my girl was not well, but I thought I could nurse her back to life. In retrospect, I probably just made her suffer longer. Would I do it differently? Hard to say if I was as attached to him/her as I was to Christine. I'm just telling you from experience that sometimes, even with all the best intentions, we prolong the inevitable unnecessarily. Be mindful of that. If the dog seems happy and content, go for it. Help him as much as you can. But if the dog seems like he wants you to let him go, let him go as painless as possible. Loyal animals are owed infinitely more than that.

:goodjob:

Extrememustang
05-03-2007, 10:56 AM
Yea, me and my wife was talking about that last night and I think in a week or 2 we are going to do that. She has known him since birth and said he just isnt his self anymore. So still ahve that pocket rocket I sold you? Or hooked you up with the guy with the magellan.

Jaimecbr900
05-03-2007, 11:01 AM
Yea, me and my wife was talking about that last night and I think in a week or 2 we are going to do that. She has known him since birth and said he just isnt his self anymore. So still ahve that pocket rocket I sold you? Or hooked you up with the guy with the magellan.

Didn't realize that was you. Yes, my son still rides his motorcycle like he's racing Hayden up and down the driveway.... :D . GPS is still rocking, love it. :goodjob:

As for the dog, if it's not acting "like himself".....really do think about it. I miss Christine still to this day, but I hate the thought that I made her suffer unnecessarily. I have 4 dogs and a cat now. All of them are cool, but none still compare to Christine. So believe me, you'll hate yourself later if you get the feeling you made them suffer.

Again, props for stepping in and doing what you can. Congrats on your new puppy BTW. :goodjob:

Extrememustang
05-03-2007, 11:07 AM
Yea my new puppy first dog show is in 2 weeks and I look at the pics of max and I then see how he doesnt look normal.I have another dog rocko that is 15yr and he still does tricks and is doing good but like I said he is 15. All in all I will take that advice and be there holding him when they put him to sleep.

Jaimecbr900
05-03-2007, 11:16 AM
I couldn't do it. My whole family....mom, dad, sister, both my brothers, my wife...everybody was there at the vet's office that day. I carried her back there to the table and couldn't hold it together. Had to leave. I couldn't bear to see her go. It was THAT hard for real. I cried like a little girl. Believe it or not, that was over 10 yrs ago. It still fresh in my mind like it was yesterday. She was that much a part of our family. It's hard.

Good luck in your show with your new pup.

Extrememustang
05-03-2007, 11:28 AM
I know my wife will be sad when max goes but I KNOW when rocko goes who is 15 it will be harder because she has taught him 63 trick and he has been everywhere with her and when he was born he stopped breathing and she gave him mouth to mouth.

Kyle
05-03-2007, 11:34 AM
Thats cool. I've always liked mastiff's, or any big dog for that matter.

05Tib
05-03-2007, 11:51 AM
very nice looking dog. We have always had Bull Mastiffs, they are slightly smaller, most of ours avg around 130 lbs. We have had 2 English Mastiffs also, deffinitly bigger. We just had to put our last one down about 2 months ago. He was 11 yrs old and going strong... That whole Pedigree recall didnt happen soon enough, it was confirmed thats what killed our dog. I wish looking back we wouldnt have tried to keep him as long as we did. Knowing he basically was being killed inside, thirsty for water all the time and having no energy and always in discomfort. Like others have said, the day we put him down, i fell apart... 11 yrs in the family

Extrememustang
05-03-2007, 01:29 PM
very nice looking dog. We have always had Bull Mastiffs, they are slightly smaller, most of ours avg around 130 lbs. We have had 2 English Mastiffs also, deffinitly bigger. We just had to put our last one down about 2 months ago. He was 11 yrs old and going strong... That whole Pedigree recall didnt happen soon enough, it was confirmed thats what killed our dog. I wish looking back we wouldnt have tried to keep him as long as we did. Knowing he basically was being killed inside, thirsty for water all the time and having no energy and always in discomfort. Like others have said, the day we put him down, i fell apart... 11 yrs in the family
Max my 11yr old is ALWAYS thirsty for water, he drinks till he throws up and drinks more! He has always been like that though, I put him in a pool once and he wouldnt stop drinking so I had to take him out

Extrememustang
05-03-2007, 07:55 PM
A fe wmore

Extrememustang
05-06-2007, 02:15 PM
A few more. Man crate training him is a bitch!